• Threads: 270
April 15th, 2016 at 6:58:22 PM permalink
Party on, guys, and happy variance!
"What, me worry?"
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 162
April 15th, 2016 at 7:55:07 PM permalink
Downtown Grand? Rumor is they have free but bets on the 4/10. Can you verify?

See ya tomorrow!!!
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 15
April 16th, 2016 at 2:24:34 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Downtown Grand? Rumor is they have free but bets on the 4/10. Can you verify?

See ya tomorrow!!!

They do indeed. Konbu figured that out when $5 paid $10.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 40
April 16th, 2016 at 9:31:39 AM permalink
Yep. And that's the answer to several questions.

First, yep, the cell phone battery did die. Some combination of that and the extremely poor reception at 777 kept me from receiving two communications. First message was a PM from Wizardofnothing, asking where we were sitting at 777. Didn't get that, and we never met up. Exchanged replies much later when I was plugged in at my room, and this morning I see his name is in red. Haven't come across the explanation for that just yet.

Second missed message was a text from BlueEagle, who did find us just as we were closing out a good craps session at the Grand.

Second "yep" is to confirm the free buy bet. PokerGrinder and Konbu were at the opposite end of the table from rdw4potus, his +1, and me, so I didn't pick up on this promo until the very last shooter, who had an excellent roll. I had been placing 6 and/or 8 and pressing gently. Eventually, I put a quarter on 10 and waited to see whether they collected vig on the buy or win. Turned out to be neither. Dealer said he didn't know whether it would be that way next month. I collected on the 10 once or twice, then 10 became the point. Moved to the 4 and collected at least twice there. Nice promo.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 16th, 2016 at 9:37:17 AM permalink
I made it!

Heading to the car rental center now.

Might I suggest NOT using PMs... I can't imagine any message that other attendees shouldn't see...

On the other hand, text and phone is more immediate. Feel free to contact me at 973-896-7905.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 40
April 16th, 2016 at 10:19:46 AM permalink
Welcome to town, DJ!

Since I have done a poor job of organizing group gaming for this trip, I thought I would just post my current thoughts on my own pre-dinner play.

I plan to be at a craps table at MSS about 3:00 or 3:30 and stay until whichever comes first: wipeout, excessive back pain from standing, or 5:00 when I will wander over to 777. I could perhaps be convinced to revise that plan if someone has something better.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 16th, 2016 at 10:34:35 AM permalink
I'm gonna look into a reserved poker table for 2:00. I'll let ya know...
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 16th, 2016 at 10:49:26 AM permalink
SEMI private poker table...

I asked Golden Nugget for a 2:00 table, and they say YES!

Just gotta let them know the time and if it's really gonna happen by noon. Also, if we're less than 10 people, the extra seats will be open to the public.

Our choice of 1/2NL or 2/4L

So who's in?
Konbu
Konbu
  • Threads: 2
April 16th, 2016 at 11:24:26 AM permalink
I will try to be at MSS for craps at 330pm. Sorry but no poker for me though, I'm a poker dummy.
I CD-ROM.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 16th, 2016 at 11:40:16 AM permalink
Well, I'm at an empty table, waiting to sit at 1/2 at GN. If nobody else comes, I'll see ya at MSS at around 3:30.

If you're looking for me, I'm in a blue golf shirt with a Poker For Roulette embroidering.

• Jump to: