Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 12
December 26th, 2015 at 3:55:15 PM permalink
If you don't want to see the other stuff, I've found that The Improv at Harrahs is a good way to use show tickets. They get some good stand up comedians there. You can find out who is playing ahead of time, but I know so few comedians that I just go whenever. Sometimes it's not great. Usually it's at least OK.

We luckily saw Todd Glass there. I sort of knew who he was prior to that, but he was really outstanding. Found out later that he's held in very high esteem by other comedians.

You can also see most of the performances at Brooklyn Bowl, if you like rock, rap, etc.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
December 26th, 2015 at 6:53:44 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks. It would not surprise me if they are the cheapo shows that don't sell out anyway.

But they are free tickets! I'm just jealous that I live so far from anywhere that it's tough to cash in on anything. I'm pretty sure the Southern Baptist Convention is my primary adversary on this issue. Not ready to stand up to them yet, but I'm slowly assembling a crew.....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 121
December 26th, 2015 at 7:11:20 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

ps: Don't forget that you should also be entitled to a $ 100 "welcome" dinner. You may have to ask them about that one.

Should be TWO $100 dinners ?

One before end of year and another after March or April of next year?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 185
December 26th, 2015 at 7:21:24 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

Should be TWO $100 dinners ?

One before end of year and another after March or April of next year?

I don't know about that. It would sure be nice. I "assumed" it was a one-time thing.
I remember the thirty-five sweet goodbyes; When you put me on the Wolverine up to Annandale; It was still September When your daddy was quite surprised; To find you with the working girls in the county jail; I was smoking with the boys upstairs when I Heard about the whole affair;I said oh no William and Mary won't do
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
December 26th, 2015 at 7:32:57 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I don't know about that. It would sure be nice. I "assumed" it was a one-time thing.

I think it is supposed to be a $100 dinner for 2015, and another dinner in 2016 because your Diamond status carries over. You might read this thread from the start, some well informed person or persons added some great content (wasn't me).
<edit> I got the 2015 dinner, haven't tried the 2016 one yet, didn't want to 'push' my luck ;-)
Cheers, 2F
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 76
December 26th, 2015 at 9:23:40 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I think it is supposed to be a $100 dinner for 2015, and another dinner in 2016 because your Diamond status carries over. You might read this thread from the start, some well informed person or persons added some great content (wasn't me).
<edit> I got the 2015 dinner, haven't tried the 2016 one yet, didn't want to 'push' my luck ;-)
Cheers, 2F

Yes. Your Diamond Celebration dinner runs from Apr1 to Mar31, non overlapping, and you get 2 of them, one per year. If you re-earn Diamond, you don't get more than 1 each calendar year. Tried to use my 2015 dinner in late March, and they wouldn't give it until Apr1.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 25
December 26th, 2015 at 10:09:18 PM permalink
I just learned that TR given 5000 tier credits for warning 2500 in a day. So you can break up the 5k diamond in a day requirement into 2 trips. I am thinking of giving it a shot next year.

You need to earn 5000 tier points over 2 days to earn diamond. For 10:1 credit video poker, that's $50k coin in. Would that make the "theoretical" loss to earning diamond on 98.39% JoB is $805?
jessie.wilburn
jessie.wilburn
  • Threads: 3
December 26th, 2015 at 10:52:37 PM permalink
When I looked at the list last time it I had the options of some of the following

Jeff Civilco
Mac King
Penn and Teller
Legends in Concert
Divas
Jubilee
Improv

The list was 12 or 14 shows long and it has a lot of good acts. For instance we did Legends in Concert for our free tickets and ending up getting free tickets for Divas that are good until the end of 2017. Penn and Teller alone are 100 a person so definitely not cheap tickets. Granted it won't get you Brittany,Celine, or Elton John but I dont really like any of those acts. I think you could even get free high roller tickets if that floats your boat.

I bought my Diamond status with the Founders Card and contrary to what most people think about the room comps, I could have stay at any CET prop Sun-Thur for free last summer and even had access to suites options in the lower places like Ballys and Harrahs so the Diamond status does help. Next year I am staying in Laughlin for 2 days and flamingo for 5 days consecutively for free.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 412
December 26th, 2015 at 11:15:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes. Your Diamond Celebration dinner runs from Apr1 to Mar31, non overlapping, and you get 2 of them, one per year. If you re-earn Diamond, you don't get more than 1 each calendar year. Tried to use my 2015 dinner in late March, and they wouldn't give it until Apr1.

wait.. so if I earned diamond on jan 2, 2015 and used the $100 Celebration dinner in mar 2015, then I'm eligible to get another one in jan 2016?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 85
December 27th, 2015 at 1:58:09 AM permalink
There's been a change with the Total Rewards "calendar" and your existing 7 Stars or Diamond status no longer runs till March 31st. The new expiration will be January 31st effective 2017, according to some posts on my forum.

What this also means is that you can use your 2016 benefits starting February 1, 2016 instead of having to wait until April 1, 2016.

So if you have a 2016 annual dinner or annual gift, you can use it earlier.

Im using my 2015 7 Stars dining credit during NYE weekend, and theoretically I can go back to Vegas on February 1 to use my 2016 7 Stars dining credit. I also won't have to wait two extra months for the cheapie "gift" they give you. Last year, I took it to a pawn shop and got $60 for it.

• Jump to: