Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
May 20th, 2017 at 2:27:32 PM permalink
Why do we need a 2 hour broadcast a 2 minute race? Seriously, nobody cares about anything else.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 128
May 20th, 2017 at 5:55:32 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Quote: Matt Bernier odds

1. Multiplier 24/1
2. Cloud Computing 6/1
3. Hence 24/1
4. Always Dreaming 5/2
5. Classic Empire 7/2
6. Gunnevera 13/1
7. Term of Art 49/1
8. Senior investment 49/1
9. Lookin at Lee 12/1
10. Conquest Mo Money 12/1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmczczj0A0

Cloud Computing !!!! Hope this helped people, it helped me. Large win for a small bet, the Pegasus curse is in effect. I was the only one at the track yelling Cloud Computing. I'm happy with the race. Had thought my friend's dad played $5 trifecta box 2,5,8. Turned out it was $1 box, he was going to not play it, but I said hold on, his son had $1 and the bet was made. Turned out he was so happy he gave me a $50(had helped him place his bets, didn't remember this at the time, plus they were betting Preakness picks race 13, but on race 11, before I stopped them). Won the straight bet on Cloud computing, lost the trifecta bet 2,6,9/2,4-6,9/2,4-6,9,10. Bet against Always Dreaming with a forum member, I was scared I'd lose that one very much so, didn't think Always Dreaming would finish like he did, and was scared most of the race, not sure Cloud Computing would even win, but could see it looking good. What a race.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on May 20, 2017
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 20th, 2017 at 6:09:51 PM permalink
Two of my friends had Senior Investment and I ridiculed them badly. If I was more confident to bet, I would have played show all, but it wasn't meant to be. I think we're on the money with this thread, not really sure what feedback and ideas I'm actually getting, but it lets me keep my research organized. About betting more, I think Id just bet more possibilities, and not totally bet a higher multiplier, so not sure what good it would do. I'd probably bet twice as much to win three times.

It was so funny, right before the race, a guy came out limping on a cane and missing half his upper teeth, telling everyone how good Always Dreaming was, the second coming of Jesus triple crown winner. He said he knew it after the Florida derby with the fastest time since 1978. Everyone out smoking was like yeah right, just saying uhhuh. He was even saying how he even lent his friend $100 to bet that makes $80,000 a year, because he was so good. As soon as he went back in, I told everyone, I should have told him it was too good to be true and we all laughed.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 21st, 2017 at 7:56:27 AM permalink
I didn't see Senior Investment coming, but see him going in the Belmont. Might very well be my top horse there.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 9
May 21st, 2017 at 5:28:13 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

on the undercard race #9, the maryland sprint, Whitmore is 9/5 on the morning line. he was a disaster in last year's Derby and got turned into an impressive sprinter having won 4 in a row. only one was a graded stakes, a G3. A.P. Indian is listed at 8/5 and has much more graded stakes experience. he's 7 years old. i'm hoping the class devotees will overbet the Indian and leave me Whitmore at about 3/1. then i'll get interested and jump on his back.

You did not get 3/1, but you posted an impressive winner, congrats. Whitmore was carrying 6 lbs over the entire field...
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 103
May 21st, 2017 at 8:34:15 PM permalink
I had futures money on Cloud Computing to win Derby, not Preakness!

Memories of Shackleford winning the Preakness...
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 9
May 21st, 2017 at 8:42:30 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I had futures money on Cloud Computing to win Derby, not Preakness!

Memories of Shackleford winning the Preakness...

I also had CC in my Derby futures stable.
Great Preakness win for CC, J. Castellano, and trainer C. Brown.

Who will run in the Belmont...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 22nd, 2017 at 12:50:20 AM permalink
Channing Hill was really optimistic about the Belmont after the Preakness ride on Senior Investment. I have to say that was quite impressive coming out of nowhere. I was sure my trifecta was hitting, then not. He was more than optimistic, I'd say quite extremely enthusiastic, real enthusiasm no doubt.

Gunnevera, almost hate that name by this point, but Mike Smith mentioned how he had the horse "going good then lost his back end and had to get him going again". He said he could have been third, most of the jockeys said that, none tried taking anything away from the top two.

It amazes me, common sense says the shortest path is a straight line, but it doesn't seem to motivate horses. You watch Cloud Computing, he veers towards Classic Empire, and gains speed. Must be true horses get motivated with a challenge. When Cloud Computing bumped Always Dreaming in the Preakness, did they actually touch? Made me wonder if Always Dreaming transferred some momentum to Cloud Computing, because that's when he suddenly took off.

I'm not really sure how much energy I'm going to invest in the Belmont, I'm thinking it's going to be a very tough race to pick.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 22nd, 2017 at 2:14:39 AM permalink
Third time might be the charm for Classic Empire, race composition and post dependent.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 22nd, 2017 at 2:23:04 AM permalink
Senior investment, never got around to too much depth, wish I would have seen this race and that late kick that ruined my trifecta.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdAHi0RWUnU

• Jump to: