ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
September 7th, 2010 at 7:40:05 AM permalink
If you still have a house, bet it on Washington + points.***

****NOTE: This is betting advice posted on a public forum. If you really do bet your house, you're an idiot on the level of a poached egg. If you make any bet based on advice from a public forum, you're (shall we say) "brave".

WHY I THINK THIS: I live in Dallas, born-and-bred Cowboy fan, and want them to win with my heart. But my head says no way, not this time. WAS is not a good team and won't bring it every game, but they'll bring it for this one: Shanahan's first game, Sunday night, McNabb *HATES* Dallas, Dallas's bad preseason, old offensive line with 3 new players, etc.

Believe me, I have a "feel" for the Cowboys, and they've only "surprised" my feel in one game the past few years: last year @ NO.

I'm putting $300 on WAS + points. Good luck!
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
September 7th, 2010 at 10:16:54 AM permalink
Wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole...actually won't touch any game this week. This seems to be one of those weeks where all the good teams are matched up, and the same with all the bad ones. No clue how to handle myu suicide pool this week. Sheesh....
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
September 7th, 2010 at 10:50:13 AM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

If you still have a house, bet it on Washington + points.***

****NOTE: This is betting advice posted on a public forum. If you really do bet your house, you're an idiot on the level of a poached egg. If you make any bet based on advice from a public forum, you're (shall we say) "brave".

WHY I THINK THIS: I live in Dallas, born-and-bred Cowboy fan, and want them to win with my heart. But my head says no way, not this time. WAS is not a good team and won't bring it every game, but they'll bring it for this one: Shanahan's first game, Sunday night, McNabb *HATES* Dallas, Dallas's bad preseason, old offensive line with 3 new players, etc.

Believe me, I have a "feel" for the Cowboys, and they've only "surprised" my feel in one game the past few years: last year @ NO.

I'm putting $300 on WAS + points. Good luck!

If anyone here reads this, and bets on Washington, and loses, you ARE going to rebate their loss, aren't you?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
September 7th, 2010 at 10:53:55 AM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

If anyone here reads this, and bets on Washington, and loses, you ARE going to rebate their loss, aren't you?

In other words, not a chance! Just sharing thoughts is all ...
Ericayne
Ericayne
  • Threads: 0
September 7th, 2010 at 12:54:09 PM permalink
I think we should start an NFL Week 1 card on this site...and continue on from there.
Wouldn't it be fun to see how we fare as "handicappers?"
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
September 7th, 2010 at 1:08:07 PM permalink
Quote: Ericayne

I think we should start an NFL Week 1 card on this site...and continue on from there.
Wouldn't it be fun to see how we fare as "handicappers?"

I created such a thread. I'm not keen on this game, and nothing in the lines posted makes me wanted to touch it. I dn't think Washington are very good this year, and Dallas should win, but 4 points is more than I'd want to eat... -3 is about where I'd take Dallas, and +6 for Washington.

That's the problem with the first couple of weeks... nothing really is clear in the closer games where each team is.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
September 7th, 2010 at 1:14:23 PM permalink
Yeah, everything y'all say is right. But I dunno, I might go as high as WAS -2.5 on this one. It's got all the vibes of the 2008 season and the 2002 season opener. The 'Boys are just off right now.
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 12th, 2010 at 10:21:26 PM permalink

Yeah, everything y'all say is right. But I dunno, I might go as high as WAS -2.5 on this one. It's got all the vibes of the 2008 season and the 2002 season opener. The 'Boys are just off right now.

Hope you got on plenty... :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 13th, 2010 at 3:54:45 AM permalink
that was some lousy football, except that there was some suspense about who would win.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
September 13th, 2010 at 7:06:01 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

that was some lousy football, except that there was some suspense about who would win.

It seems September is the new December ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
September 13th, 2010 at 7:17:43 AM permalink
Heh, yeah, this one wasn't too hard to see for me. I did put down $300 on WAS + points so at least I'll get *something* out of the embarrassing loss. If I get any more of these "feels" for my teams (Cowboys, Stanford), I'll post them.

BUT ... your bet is YOUR BET. You shouldn't listen to an internet forum stranger under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, particularly when it involves YOUR MONEY and YOUR BET!

Anybody want to lay odds against the Cowboys reaching the Super Bowl? :D
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 13th, 2010 at 10:21:37 AM permalink
No worries, I'm unlikely to blindly follow anyone's tips... though if someone drops an interesting idea down I may look into it.

I'm still smarting from the Megatron's disallowed TD. Even though it looks like the right call, it seems so wrong.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
September 13th, 2010 at 12:37:58 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I'm still smarting from the Megatron's disallowed TD. Even though it looks like the right call, it seems so wrong.

Yeah ... there's part of me that's glad it was disallowed since to have won that game would have "validated" the way the Cowboys played. If they had played that way against something like a decent team that wasn't trying very hard to lose (say, NO or GB or HOU), then it might have been significantly worse.

But at least the call was fair, unlike Koman Coulibaly's call last summer.

The Cowboys will win some games, but this season really feels like 2008, where they were gifted a fate-in-your-hands game at 9-6 ... and then lost to PHI, 44-6. With their schedule, o-line issues, propensity to fade late, inability to make effective corrections, and no-confidence in Phillips or Garrett (or Jones for that matter), I'm not hopeful for anything better than 9-7, most sports radio people picked 10-6 but counted this last game
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 13th, 2010 at 2:09:13 PM permalink

Yeah ... there's part of me that's glad it was disallowed since to have won that game would have "validated" the way the Cowboys played. If they had played that way against something like a decent team that wasn't trying very hard to lose (say, NO or GB or HOU), then it might have been significantly worse.

But at least the call was fair, unlike Koman Coulibaly's call last summer.

The Cowboys will win some games, but this season really feels like 2008, where they were gifted a fate-in-your-hands game at 9-6 ... and then lost to PHI, 44-6. With their schedule, o-line issues, propensity to fade late, inability to make effective corrections, and no-confidence in Phillips or Garrett (or Jones for that matter), I'm not hopeful for anything better than 9-7, most sports radio people picked 10-6 but counted this last game

The Megatron is Calvin Johnson... I was talking about the Lions game :)

I'm hoping on Romo to pass plenty of TDs for my fantasy league. Apart from that, I don't really like to root for any team in the NFC East.
  • Jump to: