seen life for what it was, instead of through
an alcohol induced haze.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
February 14th, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

There should be a sub-rule that you can only be suspended 3 days for insulting EB no matter how vile. The insults are generally true statements.

+1
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Kerkebet
Kerkebet
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2015 at 3:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

The world needs more Originals.

Truly original people don't exist. If one guy doesn't get around to it, another will. Musicians often end up rewriting the same music w/o knowing it until they go to publish. The archetypes and riffs are finite, and ingrained in us through nature and nurture.

For sure as a rule, the world is not kind or long to the foremost innovators and leaders in the trenches.

I get the impression you are a lot like EvenBob in this sense. Learned to sit back, encourage, and vicariously "feed off" the so-called originals.

Nothing new.
Nonsense is a very hard thing to keep up. Just ask the Wizard and company.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 14th, 2015 at 4:00:27 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Where do you live( What city)?

I really felt that was one of the most honest sincerest things I seen in a while.

If you don't want to say publicly you can contact me via PM.

Axel,
Thank you for the kind words. I'm in San Diego, CA.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
February 14th, 2015 at 5:37:32 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

You are one sick individual. The sickest kind. The dumbest old man I've ever cross across. Explain to me all the deaths in your immedate family. They were all drug addicts, right? Thats the attitude upi have. Evenbob's family is a bunch of drug addicts. Ain't that the truth. Bob? Why don't you explain all the drug addicts in your family that you have had to bury to us.

No, your piece of shit famiiy is better than us. Ain't that right, Bob?

You are a born and raised piece of shit. Even so that I'm going to change my tagline.

I fail to see what is insulting in this post.

Seriously tho, I get 30 days twice for something nowhere close. He's on suspension #107 and he gets 3 days? Let's please remember this when it's my turn next.

Edit: It appears to be 7 days now.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
February 14th, 2015 at 5:41:13 PM permalink

There should be a sub-rule that you can only be suspended 3 days for insulting EB no matter how vile. The insults are generally true statements.

I consider that an insulting statement about EB. Three-day suspension.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Kerkebet
Kerkebet
February 14th, 2015 at 6:20:13 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I consider that an insulting statement about EB.

It's certainly an insult to disallow disagreement and debate (with any decision).
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 14th, 2015 at 6:37:49 PM permalink

And you proved your point by getting suspended
3 days for this post. I'd be very pleased if I were
you. Irony seldom has a sting, but when it does..
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
February 14th, 2015 at 6:58:26 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I consider that an insulting statement about EB. Three-day suspension.

Are you serious?!? This is weak, Wizard. I would hope you reconsider. This is the type of over-moderation that takes away from this site. mcallister3200's comments were mostly of a humorous nature, which most definitely does not deserve a suspension.

In addition, I for the most part concur with mcallister's conclusion. My own, only suspension was for a comment (very mild, IMO) made about Evenbob and that too was unwarranted IMO, but I lived with it. But let's face it, this guy baits people. He pushed buttons, and knows just how far he can go without going over the line, and then when he pushes someone to respond with something that might cross the line, he sits there and laughs. And sometimes he even goes crying to the moderates both in public and I suspect in private that so-and-so said this and that's against the rules.

Wiz, your over-reaction is empowering the bully, in what your actions are encouraging to be a third grade environment. This site should be better than this.

Mcallister is a full-time AP, residing in Vegas. This site needs to encourage this type of member to participate more not look to drive them away.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 14th, 2015 at 7:14:02 PM permalink
Quote: Kerkebet

...the world is not kind or long to the foremost innovators and leaders in the trenches. I get the impression you are a lot like EvenBob in this sense. Learned to sit back, encourage, and vicariously "feed off" the so-called originals.

Not sure just what the heck you are talking about.

You say that original people don't exist, but posit that there are a few innovators/leaders, and then flame EB and I for not being one of these few.

If you want to attack me, send me a PM and make yourself clear; don't pussyfoot around on this board.
"What, me worry?"
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
February 14th, 2015 at 7:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Are you serious?!? This is weak, Wizard. I would hope you reconsider. This is the type of over-moderation that takes away from this site. mcallister3200's comments were mostly of a humorous nature, which most definitely does not deserve a suspension.

In addition, I for the most part concur with mcallister's conclusion. My own, only suspension was for a comment (very mild, IMO) made about Evenbob and that too was unwarranted IMO, but I lived with it. But let's face it, this guy baits people. He pushed buttons, and knows just how far he can go without going over the line, and then when he pushes someone to respond with something that might cross the line, he sits there and laughs. And sometimes he even goes crying to the moderates both in public and I suspect in private that so-and-so said this and that's against the rules.

Wiz, your over-reaction is empowering the bully, in what your actions are encouraging to be a third grade environment. This site should be better than this.

Mcallister is a full-time AP, residing in Vegas. This site needs to encourage this type of member to participate more not look to drive them away.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this assessment; I can't say the Wizard is wrong to suspend here. But clearly, mcallister's statement is not 44% as bad as Mickeycrimm's. Mcallister is also not an habitual offender. EB also does bait people, cause suspensions, and then gloat with impunity.
kewlj
kewlj
February 14th, 2015 at 7:21:46 PM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

I'm not sure I fully agree with this assessment; I can't say the Wizard is wrong to suspend here. But clearly, mcallister's statement is not 44% as bad as Mickeycrimm's. Mcallister is also not an habitual offender. EB also does bait people, cause suspensions, and then gloat with impunity.

Your first line says you don't fully agree. But your next 3 lines sum up some of the very points I was making. Lol.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 14th, 2015 at 7:28:59 PM permalink

But let's face it, this guy baits people. He pushed buttons, .

Do you realize that when you say this,
you and others here, what you're really
saying is it makes you mad that I'm
smart enough to do this and everybody
else is so weak they fall for it. Do you
really believe that?

I wish I had half as much going on as
I get credit for around here. Believe me,
I'm not that smart. You give me way too
much credit for being clever, and for even
caring enough to be clever.
kewlj
kewlj
February 14th, 2015 at 7:41:37 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I wish I had half as much going on as
I get credit for around here. Believe me,
I'm not that smart. You give me way too
much credit for being clever, and for even
caring enough to be clever.

OMG! Now you are going to TRY to play the "I'm not that smart....I am just a simple, good old boy from Mayberry" routine?

Happy valentines Day, EB. Someone needs to show you some love. :)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 14th, 2015 at 7:42:06 PM permalink

But let's face it, this guy baits people. He pushed buttons, and knows just how far he can go without going over the line, and then when he pushes someone to respond with something that might cross the line, he sits there and laughs.

Not for nothin', but I've heard this about EB a hundred times. And about B9. And about AHigh, and Logan, and and a bunch of other people who for whatever reason get under people's skin. And for each time, there's a hundred other comments in agreement, from a whole group who claims to "see right through it".

Yet the list of people that gets caught up in it keeps growing anyways, doesn't it? Week after week after week. Oftentimes it's filled by the same people who have just posts earlier said that "they see right through it".

Who's really doing the empowering here? Find that answer and you will find the answer.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 14th, 2015 at 7:45:43 PM permalink

OMG! Now you are going to TRY to play the "I'm not that smart....

I'm not, believe me. But mostly, and this is
gonna hurt, I don't care enough to be that
clever. I have a ton of stuff to do and I
spend very little time here. I spend far far
more time on DT arguing with the Padre
about Jesus..
kewlj
kewlj
February 14th, 2015 at 7:51:05 PM permalink

I have a ton of stuff to do and I
spend very little time here.

Wait...what? Really? You really want to make this statement? Lol.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 14th, 2015 at 8:42:14 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I've heard that riding the rails is extremely dangerous. Young adventurers who think they're emulating the Woody Guthrie lifestyle, read up on the dangers.

It is dangerous. Most females ride only in groups. Dehydration is the greatest danger, hypothermia next. Outright homicide is rather low on the list but a definite risk. If you ever find yourself down on your luck, fall in with the Anarchists, they are the ones who know what they are doing and obey the rules by not jeopardizing anyone by being needlessly visible. FTRA? Dedicated killers each and every one of them. No reason needed.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
February 15th, 2015 at 7:09:37 AM permalink

believe me. I
spend very little time here.

Kerkebet
Kerkebet
February 15th, 2015 at 9:39:08 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Don't pussyfoot around on this board.

If they resurrected the pistol dual, how long do you think EB would last? The worst shots around here would pick him off sooner or later.

And, if mc is the only allowed real fun here, meretricious or sickly sweet as is that wiggle be, then this really is a handicapped forum. Ie, one which is poorly defined, and necessarily propped up with subjectively vague rules, which Mosca pointed out or alluded to in part.

Are there any trolls, etc, at the work or scholarly sites? Or at the arts and crafts sites? Of course not. People find a suitably comfortable niche.

It ends how it starts. Mass mail out flyers to catch the 1 or 2%, and that's what you'll get.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 15th, 2015 at 9:52:50 AM permalink
Quote: Kerkebet

If they resurrected the pistol dual, how long do you think EB would last? The worst shots around here would pick him off sooner or later.

And, if mc is the only allowed real fun here, meretricious or sickly sweet as is that wiggle be, then this really is a handicapped forum. Ie, one which is poorly defined, and necessarily propped up with subjectively vague rules, which Mosca pointed out or alluded to in part.

Are there any trolls, etc, at the work or scholarly sites? Or at the arts and crafts sites? Of course not. People find a suitably comfortable niche.

It ends how it starts. Mass mail out flyers to catch the 1 or 2%, and that's what you'll get.

The vast majority of people here, the vast majority of the time, manage to make themselves understood, including humor and personal references, without getting suspended. The majority of people who post something suspense-worthy know they've stepped in it, or they learn after they read the rules. I don't think the system is broken. I do think it's administered on a case-by-case basis, and there's very little disagreement among the admins about who/how long/why. It just works that way, but it's almost impossible to make it a black-and-white set of rules, and I don't think anyone wants it that way in the end.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
February 15th, 2015 at 12:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The vast majority of people here, the vast majority of the time, manage to make themselves understood, including humor and personal references, without getting suspended.

Cough, cough.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 15th, 2015 at 3:49:15 PM permalink

Do you realize that when you say this,
you and others here, what you're really
saying is it makes you mad that I'm
smart enough to do this and everybody
else is so weak they fall for it. Do you
really believe that?

No, what's actually being said is most of us are pretty tired of dancing around in a cow pasture filled with land mines you plant in nearly every thread. It's gotten so frequent and so prevalent that people would rather abandon the resource than watch out for the carnage. It's hard to write honestly or with any humor because you and a couple others are so quick to cause a problem over it. But I'm being honest, as well as serious in telling you this, though it's beyond me why I would have to. You characterize your posts as being smart; I characterize them as being boorish.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
February 15th, 2015 at 4:01:09 PM permalink
If anyone finds EvenBob making you mad, replace what you were going to say with "I love you" instead.
Kerkebet
Kerkebet
February 15th, 2015 at 5:08:53 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

If anyone finds EvenBob making you mad, replace what you were going to say with "I love you" instead.

Will "I love you more" get you banned?

The new people are going to wonder what's going on.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
February 15th, 2015 at 5:43:02 PM permalink
Mickyrimm was under the influence when he insulted EB, it should harshen the sentence, the same as drunk drivers who make an accident. McCalister should be suspended for taking EB seriously.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
February 15th, 2015 at 5:54:10 PM permalink
WC Fields was an extremely talented actor, if someone told me you are like him I would consider it as a compliment. His movies look funny even after so many years, not too many actors can say it about their work.
  • Jump to: