Miles1
Miles1
  • Threads: 5
May 8th, 2013 at 11:33:31 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I'm 3 for 3 with it at Bally's in the past 15 months. $20 should bump you to the North Tower from the South Tower for at least a few days. The value of that upgrade can retail over $100.

I've stayed at Bally's LV several times. Every time I've booked the south tower because it's comped. I have never asked for an upgrade or tipped, but I have been put in the north tower every time. My last trip the desk clerk offered to upgrade me to the north tower for $10 a night, I said no thank you, she put me in the north tower anyway. The clerk in the next window was selling the upgrade for $20 a night. For what it's worth, signing up for the new Harrahs credit card automatically bumps you up to platinum for the rest of the year or extends platinum through the next year if you're already there, so no resort fees on comped rooms for platinum or higher. This helps me, the low roller who still gets as many free nights in LV as i want from Harrahs for some reason. (I've earned 325 base points so far this year).
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 9th, 2013 at 1:56:17 AM permalink
Yeah, it still works to some degree but I hate it and wish they could stop it. Front desk personnel get a folded twenty, people waiting in line get a longer wait, people who already made a deal are now trying to get something even better, things are not moving smoothly all because someone who is booked for the 12th floor WannnaBe Room wants to be booked for the 24th floor's WannaBeMore Room.

How much time you gonna spend staring out that darned window anyway?

You really gonna make much use of that extra 34 square inches of space?

You need that room with the four TVs instead of the one with the three TVs? What you come to Vegas for? Was it to gamble and screw some sweet young thing or watch tv and screw your old lady? If so, why are you spending the twenty bucks on a room with a better view.... you are going to have the drapes closed when the sweet young thing is there!

Why can't you just check into the room they've offered you and keep the darned line moving.
Jimbo
Jimbo
May 9th, 2013 at 5:48:56 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

You need that room with the four TVs instead of the one with the three TVs? What you come to Vegas for? Was it to gamble and screw some sweet young thing or watch tv and screw your old lady? If so, why are you spending the twenty bucks on a room with a better view.... you are going to have the drapes closed when the sweet young thing is there!

LOL. What a great post!

And in response to the suggestion bias dice can be exploited, you posted:

You are better off bedding the cocktail waitress that night and getting her to bring you more drinks the next day. More likely to succeed and certainly more fun.

How true!

And from still another thread:

Placing the wastepaper basket on the floor about a foot from the bed is what you do for young broads who've imbibed way beyond their limits. They never make it to the porcelain in time and they stupidly want to hug it when they do get there.

Again LOL. Such wealth of knowledge and experience.

I truly like how you think, FleaStiff! A man with his priorities in order!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 9th, 2013 at 6:21:15 AM permalink
Quote: Jimbo

I truly like how you think, FleaStiff! A man with his priorities in order!

You got any teenage daughters who might be impressed with me also?
Rich ones, perhaps?
Jimbo
Jimbo
May 9th, 2013 at 6:32:31 AM permalink

You got any teenage daughters who might be impressed with me also?

I'll let you continue to impress the "sweet young things" in Vegas!

And my daughters are well beyond their teenage years. And no, they are not rich. I am doing all I can to spend their inheritance at the tables!
  • Jump to: