7 votes (50%)

14 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 206
December 14th, 2018 at 1:27:56 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I could absolutely do this no problem.

Give me a laptop and internet and I can do 3 months.

I voted I could win the bet, however, I wouldn't voluntarily waste a small portion of my life with such misery. I feel like a month of my life is worth more than $100,000 even though technically it's not because a month of my life has never produced $100,000.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Dec 14, 2018
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
December 14th, 2018 at 2:03:14 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I could absolutely do this no problem.

Give me a laptop and internet and I can do 3 months.

Hmmmmm. in the dark: no light sources. Black text on a black screen in a black room. See the comments about the rubiks cube.
I think most of us could do it with a working internet and illuminated screen.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 14th, 2018 at 7:16:33 AM permalink
I could do it. I would want my guitar. Otherwise, I would be fine.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
December 14th, 2018 at 7:55:46 AM permalink
No light and no human contact (re: solitaire confinement) has been proven to be psychologically unbearable for the mass portion of the population. It is considered by many (scientists) to be a form of torture. I don't know this man, but I would say right out of the gate he is the dog in this bet for sure.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 37
December 14th, 2018 at 2:28:40 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I could do it. I would want my guitar. Otherwise, I would be fine.

If a guitar is allowed I'd double down: 2 months for 200k.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 46
December 14th, 2018 at 2:47:39 PM permalink
If you gave me a computer I could probably do longer than a month. In fact it kind of sounds enjoyable.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 0
December 14th, 2018 at 2:50:28 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

No light and no human contact (re: solitaire confinement) has been proven to be psychologically unbearable for the mass portion of the population. It is considered by many (scientists) to be a form of torture. I don't know this man, but I would say right out of the gate he is the dog in this bet for sure.

I was wondering what kind of precautions they would take? If there is no human contact how would you know he hadnít had a physical or mental breakdown that would endanger him?
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
December 14th, 2018 at 3:01:42 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

I was wondering what kind of precautions they would take? If there is no human contact how would you know he hadnít had a physical or mental breakdown that would endanger him?

Since the person has the ability at any time to open the door and exit the bathroom, maybe itís assumed theyíd do that if on the brink of a breakdown.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 0
December 14th, 2018 at 3:43:39 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Since the person has the ability at any time to open the door and exit the bathroom, maybe itís assumed theyíd do that if on the brink of a breakdown.

Iím not well versed in psychological torture but I would think you donít know youíre crazy until itís too late. Also if the person had a breakdown or medical issue, he might not be able to walk out.

This is getting too freaky. I need to go outside and get some air.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 14th, 2018 at 4:05:35 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

Supposedly, there was 24/7 video surveillance. I don't know how food and water were brought in without lights nor human contact.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

• Jump to: