pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 21st, 2012 at 6:05:04 PM permalink

Zooey Deschanel recently filed for divorce. For some reason her lawyer poster her financial information. As expected for a woman with her own hit TV series, her income is listed at $95K/month (probably will zoom by next year). Yet she spends only $22.5K per month (including a $4K mortgage). She also has $1.5M in the bank, and another $2.3M in assets. So she is not spending 75% of her income.

Her dining out expenses are listed as $500 per month. I guess beautiful women don't pay restaurant checks.

I have never met a woman who spends considerably less than she makes and has money in the bank. Never ever ever. Most women spend money to have the lifestyle that they think they deserve, which is only loosely related to the money they have.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 21st, 2012 at 6:12:34 PM permalink
If she spends $22.5K a month and $4K is for a mortgage,
what the heck is she spending $4.6K a week on? Thats
$650 a day!
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
February 21st, 2012 at 6:13:06 PM permalink
I've always loved Zooey, ever since the indie film Mumford. Nothing she ever did changed my mind (Hitchhiker's Guide, the sci fi Oz remake called Tin Man, etc.) and then I saw those figures a month or so ago and knew she was indeed a unique woman. She even gave a great national anthem in Arlington this past year when my Rangers were in the World Series. Definitely one of my favorites, if not the most favorite, of Hollywood actresses.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 21st, 2012 at 6:21:39 PM permalink
Mortgage: 4,000
Property Taxes: 1,800
Insurance: 600
Maintenance and Repair: 1,000
Health Care: 2,000
Groceries and Household Supplies: 1,000
Eating Out: $500
Utilities: $800
Telecom: $300
Laundry and Cleaning: $600
Clothes: $2,000
Entertainment, Gifts, Vacation: $1,000
Auto insurance and transportation: $200
Other insurance: $250
Charitable contributions: $1,500
Credit Cards: $5,000 (isn't this double counting, the balance is zero)

1.578 million in the bank,
1.645 million in stocks, bonds, and "assets I could easily sell"
693.3k Real Estate.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
pacomartin
pacomartin
February 21st, 2012 at 6:38:45 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

If she spends $22.5K a month and $4K is for a mortgage,
what the heck is she spending $4.6K a week on? Thats
$650 a day!

I think that many women in her position spend $22.5K per month on clothes and shoes.

I am surprised that her lawyer didn't recommend that she pump those numbers up. She is divorcing a man who probably makes far less than she does.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 21st, 2012 at 7:35:49 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I have never met a woman who spends considerably less than she makes and has money in the bank. Never ever ever. Most women spend money to have the lifestyle that they think they deserve, which is only loosely related to the money they have.

That's probably the most sexist thing I've read today and I read a lot of wingnut blogs.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
February 21st, 2012 at 7:40:00 PM permalink

How many women have you met who spend $270,000 a year, regardless of what they earn?

What I wonder is, if she has $1.5M in the bank and another $2.3M in other assets, why is she carrying a mortgage of $4000 a month? Why not just pay it off?
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
progrocker
progrocker
February 21st, 2012 at 8:03:45 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

How many women have you met who spend $270,000 a year, regardless of what they earn?

What I wonder is, if she has $1.5M in the bank and another $2.3M in other assets, why is she carrying a mortgage of $4000 a month? Why not just pay it off?

If the interest rate of your mortgage is less than your ROI on the same amount of cash in other investments, why would you pay off your mortgage, especially when mortgage interest on your primary residence is tax deductible?
AlanRRT
AlanRRT
  • Threads: 1
February 21st, 2012 at 8:07:01 PM permalink
If I were 10 years younger, I'd go out with her mother.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 21st, 2012 at 8:31:05 PM permalink
Carrying a mortgage is not a bad thing. Mortgages have penalties for paying them off early. She may have purchased the house before all of the money came rolling in.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
February 21st, 2012 at 8:34:40 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Mortgages have penalties for paying them off early.

Is this true in California? Is it true in Nevada? In New York banks are not allowed to penalize a homeowner for paying off his or her principal too soon.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
pacomartin
pacomartin
February 21st, 2012 at 8:34:56 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

That's probably the most sexist thing I've read today and I read a lot of wingnut blogs.

I mean't it to be sexist. It's a deeply troubling personal issue which ruins countless lives. I didn't say that there aren't men like that, as we all know MC Hammer went through $30 million in less than a decade in the early 90's. But the level of consumption by woman is frightening.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
February 21st, 2012 at 8:38:32 PM permalink

I mean't it to be sexist. It's a deeply troubling personal issue which ruins countless lives. I didn't say that there aren't men like that, as we all know MC Hammer went through $30 million in less than a decade in the early 90's. But the level of consumption by woman is frightening.

I don't think that the location of ones reproductive organs, be they inside or outside of the body, have any bearing on ones frugality.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 21st, 2012 at 8:43:20 PM permalink
Branjolina have 6 kids now? I don't care if they're the best
behaved kids in the world, having that many little kids around
all the time is a major pain. Having that many teens is even
worse. Get out, Brad, while you still have your sanity..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
progrocker
progrocker
February 21st, 2012 at 9:03:43 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I don't think that the location of ones reproductive organs, be they inside or outside of the body, have any bearing on ones frugality.

Nah, it's probably all the hormones that go along with that.
  • Jump to: