JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
December 7th, 2010 at 7:08:39 PM permalink
One More - Which NFL Team(s) do not have a Logo on their Helmets ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 7th, 2010 at 7:10:24 PM permalink
Browns.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 7th, 2010 at 7:13:32 PM permalink
Half a credit?: Steelers

There were some funky "throwback" uniforms that may not have had logos too, but I don't think those should count.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
ElectricDreams
ElectricDreams
  • Threads: 4
December 7th, 2010 at 7:14:03 PM permalink
The Browns!

There's at least one more...

edit: not fast enough :-P
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
December 7th, 2010 at 7:17:14 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Half a credit?: Steelers

They only have it on one side, right ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
December 7th, 2010 at 7:24:09 PM permalink
Bengals... I don't think the stripes count.
A falling knife has no handle.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
December 7th, 2010 at 7:25:21 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

They only have it on one side, right ?

Yes. And for bonus points, which side is it on (from the wearer's perspective).
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
December 7th, 2010 at 7:29:36 PM permalink
That's 50-50, so no house advantage !
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
December 7th, 2010 at 7:32:07 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Bengals... I don't think the stripes count.

Good point... I'll defer to Jerry L, sports expert, for a final ruling on that one...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 7th, 2010 at 7:33:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Yes. And for bonus points, which side is it on (from the wearer's perspective).

On the wearer's right side.

EXTRA BONUS: There are three diamond-shaped thingys called "hypercycloids" on them of red, gold, and blue color. What do they represent?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Mosca
Mosca
December 7th, 2010 at 7:55:51 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

On the wearer's right side.

EXTRA BONUS: There are three diamond-shaped thingys called "hypercycloids" on them of red, gold, and blue color. What do they represent?

Born and raised in Pittsburgh. I first started cheering for the Steelers in 1964, when the quarterback, Bill Nielsen, was an usher in our church (St Thomas a Becket). I can name the starting lineup for the 1978 Superbowl from memory.

Iron, coal, and steel.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 7th, 2010 at 8:04:23 PM permalink

Born and raised in Pittsburgh. I first started cheering for the Steelers in 1964, when the quarterback, Bill Nielsen, was an usher in our church (St Thomas a Becket). I can name the starting lineup for the 1978 Superbowl from memory.

Iron, coal, and steel.

I could be picky and say is means "scrap steel" but I should have just DQed any other Pittsburghers. But correct.

For those outside the area the "steelmark" was made by US Steel then given to the industry at-large. Then offered to the Steelers.

BTW: Mosca, if you on YouTube you can see the 1978 AFC Championship Game, commercials and all. Very fun viewing with the later, including an IBM Commercial with 7" Floppy Disks; Neil Armsrong telling about how advanced the new Chrysler Lineup is; and an energy commercial saying solar was "decades away." Hmmmm

Also amazing how primitive the production looks compared to today. Oh, fewer commercial breaks than today 3-4 per qtr vs 5 per qtr today.
Mosca
Mosca
December 7th, 2010 at 8:12:53 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I could be picky and say is means "scrap steel" but I should have just DQed any other Pittsburghers. But correct.

For those outside the area the "steelmark" was made by US Steel then given to the industry at-large. Then offered to the Steelers.

BTW: Mosca, if you on YouTube you can see the 1978 AFC Championship Game, commercials and all. Very fun viewing with the later, including an IBM Commercial with 7" Floppy Disks; Neil Armsrong telling about how advanced the new Chrysler Lineup is; and an energy commercial saying solar was "decades away." Hmmmm

Also amazing how primitive the production looks compared to today. Oh, fewer commercial breaks than today 3-4 per qtr vs 5 per qtr today.

I'll do you one better. I have the entire WTAE broadcast of Super Bowl XIV, with Myron Cope and Jack Fleming, on reel-to-reel tape. We always listened with the TV sound down and the local broadcast up, and I had put a big reel on the recorder set to 3.75 ips. I don't have a reel to reel deck set up right now, though, and it would take a while to put my hands on it. But I've listened to it within the last 10 years.

During those years, the '70s, I lived in Oakland, and the guy in the apartment next to me was an usher; first at Forbes Field, then at Three Rivers (the apt building was only a block from the old Forbes Field location). Dom Malacuso. He told me how to get into the game without a ticket. Remember back then, there was no bar code. We took a $20 bill, and folded it to the size of a game ticket. We went to Gate A, walked up to the ticket taker, handed him the $20, and said, "Dominic says hello." Don't look up, no eye contact, and keep moving. Then we would watch the game from the railing at the top of the red seats until halfway through the second quarter, when we went to Dom's section and he got us seats.

We couldn't do this for playoff games, but for both '78 and '79 I got seats through the late release; '78 they were a mail in lottery, and in '79 we waited overnight outside the Three Rivers ticket window and got seats. That was a nuthouse, as soon as the windows opened everyone pushed forward. I thought I was going to get crushed; I know the girl next to me, her feet were off the ground for almost an hour.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
December 7th, 2010 at 9:02:21 PM permalink
OK ... which team logos have a football helmet as part of their logo?

NB: Browns kind of count, but there are others ...
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 7th, 2010 at 9:16:24 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

The Dolphins.

Can't think of another.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 7th, 2010 at 9:20:08 PM permalink
The Raiders one is an old school helmet, right?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ElectricDreams
ElectricDreams
  • Threads: 4
December 7th, 2010 at 9:20:42 PM permalink

I think the cap thing the Oakland Raiders have in their logo is a leather helmet.

P.S. - screw the Raiders.

edit - not fast enough again :-\
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 7th, 2010 at 9:36:30 PM permalink
Yeah, y'all're right, it's the Dolphins and the Raiders. Although I've heard some arguments that the Patriots and Vikings are stylized helmets. But I was thinking of football helmets, not just any old helmets.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 7th, 2010 at 9:48:16 PM permalink
Which team logos have a football as part of their logo?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 7th, 2010 at 9:50:43 PM permalink
Buccs.

The Pats used to have...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 7th, 2010 at 9:51:28 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Buccs.

The Pats used to have...

Bucs is right, one more ...
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
December 8th, 2010 at 11:56:34 AM permalink

Which team logos have a football as part of their logo?

Good one. I had to look this one up. I thought it might be a trick, and that the whole logo was a football, but the team I was thinking of had a ball in their logo after all.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 8th, 2010 at 4:17:10 PM permalink

During those years, the '70s, I lived in Oakland, and the guy in the apartment next to me was an usher; first at Forbes Field, then at Three Rivers (the apt building was only a block from the old Forbes Field location). Dom Malacuso. He told me how to get into the game without a ticket. Remember back then, there was no bar code. We took a $20 bill, and folded it to the size of a game ticket. We went to Gate A, walked up to the ticket taker, handed him the $20, and said, "Dominic says hello." Don't look up, no eye contact, and keep moving. Then we would watch the game from the railing at the top of the red seats until halfway through the second quarter, when we went to Dom's section and he got us seats.

Funny on that. One homecomming at college I met a guy who I forgot who he was but we were talking for some time. Tell me if you would even have to pay a Steeler Fan to do this. The guy was given I think a fifty-spot and instructed to try to get in just as you did. Then if he didn't turn in the fifty he had to rat out who let him by. If he got in he was free to roam and watch the game.
  • Jump to: