Poll

No votes (0%)
2 votes (9.09%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.54%)
7 votes (31.81%)
3 votes (13.63%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (13.63%)
6 votes (27.27%)

22 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 4506
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
February 23rd, 2019 at 1:36:06 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Potentially, but there is a lot to be gained from others knowing. Team plays and learning from those more experienced than you are a few of them.



I agree in sentiment.

However at these spring flings none of the APs are exposing their team plays. Its more like a friendly chat amongst like souls and some shared pizza
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 478
February 23rd, 2019 at 5:05:10 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I voted may 18-19 because it was the same weekend last year, but I'd prefer to avoid EDC as well so would prefer May 11-12 also.

SooPoo, you need to show up. Gialmere and Minty, you'd be welcome, as would several new members I've noticed. I'd also like to see Glen and FCBLcommish mrsuit31 and other industry people made welcome this time.

We talked about an escape room some time ago. I don't think that got done, but maybe some did? Either way, I'd really like to do one this time with you guys if people are interested.

Can we maybe go to Mob Pizza? I've heard it's really good but I haven't been there.




I would love to attend, but if anyone is uncomfortable with my presence, I certainly understand. There are a few on the board who I have met personally, and many others who I have had PM conversations with. I would hope at lease some of them would vouch for me. I am in a semi-unique position, I work in upper management for a Las Vegas area property, and I am also an AP. Wizard knows my identity. I am not even sure if it would be worse for me professionally to be there than for any of you. Most of you are not in my jurisdiction.

I am fine with whatever the group decides. If there is even 1 person that would not attend if I were there, then I will stay clear.

I had this same debate last year, except it was all done by PM with Wizard and I kept my identity out of everything. Look back at that thread, specifically Wizard's posts, and you should be able to figure out the interaction.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 324
February 23rd, 2019 at 5:07:55 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I would love to attend, but if anyone is uncomfortable with my presence, I certainly understand. There are a few on the board who I have met personally, and many others who I have had PM conversations with. I would hope at lease some of them would vouch for me. I am in a semi-unique position, I work in upper management for a Las Vegas area property, and I am also an AP. Wizard knows my identity. I am not even sure if it would be worse for me professionally to be there than for any of you. Most of you are not in my jurisdiction.

I am fine with whatever the group decides. If there is even 1 person that would not attend if I were there, then I will stay clear.

I had this same debate last year, except it was all done by PM with Wizard and I kept my identity out of everything. Look back at that thread, specifically Wizard's posts, and you should be able to figure out the interaction.



Fascinating. I didn't know about the AP part. Have you considered writing g a book?
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 478
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
February 23rd, 2019 at 5:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Fascinating. I didn't know about the AP part. Have you considered writing g a book?



If I ever did write a book, it would be called "Just One More Shoe". It is the ploppy phrase I have heard most often in my career.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 2892
February 23rd, 2019 at 5:33:57 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I would love to attend, but if anyone is uncomfortable with my presence, I certainly understand. There are a few on the board who I have met personally, and many others who I have had PM conversations with. I would hope at lease some of them would vouch for me. I am in a semi-unique position, I work in upper management for a Las Vegas area property, and I am also an AP. Wizard knows my identity. I am not even sure if it would be worse for me professionally to be there than for any of you. Most of you are not in my jurisdiction.

I am fine with whatever the group decides. If there is even 1 person that would not attend if I were there, then I will stay clear.

I had this same debate last year, except it was all done by PM with Wizard and I kept my identity out of everything. Look back at that thread, specifically Wizard's posts, and you should be able to figure out the interaction.



Jurisdiction...lol
Oh, don't come into my store now that I know who you are. Rediculous. If you're in Vegas you're in my "jurisdiction".
Unless you work for an independent, which I doubt, coming onto your houses radar, because of you, is coming onto the other stores in your group as well.
I'm out.
"We defeated a very corrupt establishment and we kept our promise to the American people and it is driving them crazy. Today, our movement and our country are thriving. Their fraud has been exposed and the credibility of those who pushed this hoax is forever broken. And they have now got big problems" - Your President Trump
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 4506
February 23rd, 2019 at 6:13:47 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Fascinating. I didn't know about the AP part. Have you considered writing g a book?



Boy you are really trying to get the forum APs angry!

An upper management darksider who spills all his AP lightsider secrets in a published book
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 324
February 23rd, 2019 at 6:17:41 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Boy you are really trying to get the forum APs angry!

An upper management darksider who spills all his AP lightsider secrets in a published book



Hmm I didn't think about my statement too much, whoops. It could be vague and include things that only darksiders would know too. I personally don't think another book would be that damaging though. Between Snyder, Wong, Schlesinger, Griffin, Grosjean, Mezrich, Zender and many others it's not like it would be a game changer.

More of a memoir than a how to was what I had in mind, anyway.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 4506
February 23rd, 2019 at 7:22:02 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Hmm I didn't think about my statement too much, whoops. It could be vague and include things that only darksiders would know too. I personally don't think another book would be that damaging though. Between Snyder, Wong, Schlesinger, Griffin, Grosjean, Mezrich, Zender and many others it's not like it would be a game changer.

More of a memoir than a how to was what I had in mind, anyway.



I agree but I get a LOT of flack on here for my intentions to publish a memoir about my gambling exploits.

Cant imagine the weekend warrior writing a book would go over well

(Back in College weekend warriors were someone who acted prim and proper during the week and went crazy and completely opposite to character weekends. Not intended as an insult but seems appropriate here)
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 478
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:10:35 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Jurisdiction...lol
Oh, don't come into my store now that I know who you are. Rediculous. If you're in Vegas you're in my "jurisdiction".
Unless you work for an independent, which I doubt, coming onto your houses radar, because of you, is coming onto the other stores in your group as well.
I'm out.



Fair enough, I will not attend then. One person missing would be one too many.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 324
Thanks for this post from:
darkoz
February 23rd, 2019 at 8:24:22 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I agree but I get a LOT of flack on here for my intentions to publish a memoir about my gambling exploits.

Cant imagine the weekend warrior writing a book would go over well

(Back in College weekend warriors were someone who acted prim and proper during the week and went crazy and completely opposite to character weekends. Not intended as an insult but seems appropriate here)



For what it's worth, I think you should write a book as well! Your backstory is unlike many and has an inspirational twist to it.

That's disappointing to hear FCBL, and I don't even know if I'll be there.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula

  • Jump to: