August 8th, 2018 at 8:34:54 AM permalink
Is there anyone who lives in Vegas (or Henderson) and is a UFC fan
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 8th, 2018 at 8:40:45 AM permalink
Quote: troopscott

Is there anyone who lives in Vegas (or Henderson) and is a UFC fan

Yes. Attended a viewing party Saturday night. It's not as good as wrestling but is much better than the WNBA.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
August 8th, 2018 at 8:44:40 AM permalink
fake wrestling or college wrestling
billryan
billryan
August 8th, 2018 at 9:18:15 AM permalink
I don't know what fake wrestling is.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
troopscottRigondeaux
August 8th, 2018 at 9:20:10 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I don't know what fake wrestling is.

That one where a bunch of roided out dudes stand around and just talk about their feelings for about an hour... that one. ;-)
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
troopscott
troopscott
August 8th, 2018 at 9:24:11 AM permalink
WWE/f type stuff whatever their name is this year
billryan
billryan
August 8th, 2018 at 9:27:48 AM permalink
I'm always amazed when people who rave about action movies or Star Wars denigrate wrestling because it is choreographed. Dollar for dollar, it's the best value entertainment in Vegas.
Anyways, I didn't meet to derail the thread.
Was there a specific question about Vegas and the UFC?
troopscott
troopscott
August 8th, 2018 at 10:37:14 AM permalink

I'm always amazed when people who rave about action movies or Star Wars denigrate wrestling because it is choreographed. Dollar for dollar, it's the best value entertainment in Vegas.
Anyways, I didn't meet to derail the thread.
Was there a specific question about Vegas and the UFC?

I used to watch it then quit, then my so watched it a bit and then we quit. They story lines just seem to wacky now. Was much better in the olden days of Arn Anderson, Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer etc

That being said I need to see if there are more folks in Vegas area that are UFC fans. There is a reason behind the question I will get to in 24 hours

by the way my son now real wrestles (high school) and those folks hate the fake stuff
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
August 8th, 2018 at 10:48:30 AM permalink
But even fake Wrestling can have a lot of real life Consequences. A Wrestler botched a fake move and ended up accidentally killing his Wrestling Opponent and accidentally landing himself in a wheelchair for life. Owen Hart died when the Harness he used that was supposed to fly him over the fans or something like that as a cool gimmick broke, he fell from high up in the air, and he died 6 minutes later. I remember a fan who saw the whole thing mentioning he immediately knew that something was wrong and this was not part of the entertainment. He said Owen's body looked mangled or something and mentioned how horrified the WWF Staff looked. The show still went on anyways and he remembered that the follow up Wrestlers put on an amazing show but he couldn't enjoy it after watching someone die right before his eyes.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
August 8th, 2018 at 11:07:51 AM permalink

by the way my son now real wrestles (high school) and those folks hate the fake stuff

With very few exceptions, most pro wrestlers have extensive amateur wrestling backgrounds.
Two of Future Stars brightest students were State Champions in High School. One from Nevada,one from Hawaii.
Another student is MMA Hall of Famer Stephen Bonner who is currently finding out just how difficult the business is.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Aug 12, 2018
troopscott
troopscott
August 12th, 2018 at 8:27:19 AM permalink

by the way my son now real wrestles (high school) and those folks hate the fake stuff [/q

With very few exceptions, most pro wrestlers have extensive amateur wrestling backgrounds.
Two of Future Stars brightest students were State Champions in High School. One from Nevada,one from Hawaii.
Another student is MMA Hall of Famer Stephen Bonner who is currently finding out just how difficult the business is.

surely to god there is more than one UFC fan in Vegas on this forum
billryan
billryan
August 12th, 2018 at 8:59:49 AM permalink
Last week, I must have invited a half dozen members to the viewing party for the Dillashaw / Cejudo card and no one even responded with a no. Tuff crowd.
  • Jump to: