Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 25th, 2013 at 11:32:18 AM permalink
Thanks guys, it's good to know that we have so many honest members on this forum who honor their commitments and don't bail on lost bets. We need more of them and less of the Varmenti types!!
Fighting BS one post at a time!
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
December 25th, 2013 at 11:45:30 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Thanks guys, it's good to know that we have so many honest members on this forum who honor their commitments and don't bail on lost bets. We need more of them and less of the Varmenti types!!

Indeed. Hopefully, this is 'business as usual' around here.

It would be great if the winner of the football contest collects from all participants.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 25th, 2013 at 12:04:16 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

In that case I should also point out that wudged paid me within hours of the challenge being over (ie, same day)

I wonder, how often do "honor system" bets on this forum go unpaid? For something like the NFL picks game, where many people will end up owing one person money... how many don't pay?

Wudged also did the honorable thing with me.

On the other subject, I'm predicting some weaseling-out with the NFL picks.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
10DollarBri
10DollarBri
  • Threads: 2
December 25th, 2013 at 12:06:38 PM permalink
I'll pay. My only goal now is to owe less than $15!
I know nothing!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
December 25th, 2013 at 1:51:03 PM permalink

Thanks guys, it's good to know that we have so many honest members on this forum who honor their commitments and don't bail on lost bets.

That reminds me, who was the one who made the "sure" election bet with Mission?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 25th, 2013 at 1:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I thought I made the 2016 bet with you?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 25th, 2013 at 2:30:12 PM permalink

If you had welched, I would have been shocked.

I would also have mocked you from here till the end of 2016.

Damn, why couldn't you have welched? ;)

Happy New Year times to all.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 25th, 2013 at 2:36:58 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Damn, why couldn't you have welched? ;)

LOL!

Quote: thecesspit

Happy New Year times to all.

Cool, thanks. Happy New Year to you, too. I tried sending you a "Merry Xmas" PM the other night, but it said you weren't accepting PM's. Thought you blocked me.....hehehe ;)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 25th, 2013 at 7:58:31 PM permalink

That would be Keyser (NOT KeyserSoze).

Here's the aftermath thread.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 25th, 2013 at 8:05:39 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

That would be Keyser (NOT KeyserSoze).

Here's the aftermath thread.

Oh, and here I thought the Wizard was referring to my 2016 election bet. lol...
wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
December 27th, 2013 at 6:26:47 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

In that case I should also point out that wudged paid me within hours of the challenge being over (ie, same day)

I wonder, how often do "honor system" bets on this forum go unpaid? For something like the NFL picks game, where many people will end up owing one person money... how many don't pay?

Quote: odiousgambit

Wudged also did the honorable thing with me.

On the other subject, I'm predicting some weaseling-out with the NFL picks.

Thanks guys!
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
December 27th, 2013 at 6:52:50 AM permalink
Is there an official type thread list for this? There should be. Like have everyone who was cool and settled up be on a "This guy is good to make bets with page" and for those who don't they can go on the "Aaron Rodgers Memorial Welcher" thread and people know not to take action with them.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 27th, 2013 at 5:23:41 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Is there an official type thread list for this? There should be. Like have everyone who was cool and settled up be on a "This guy is good to make bets with page" and for those who don't they can go on the "Aaron Rodgers Memorial Welcher" thread and people know not to take action with them.

I was thinking the same. Other sites have these types of threads.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 27th, 2013 at 5:48:43 PM permalink

Is there an official type thread list for this? There should be.

Quote: GWAE

I was thinking the same. Other sites have these types of threads.

Totally agree. At the very least, we should have a thread that lists all members who have lost bets against other forum members & paid up promptly.
Perdition
Perdition
December 27th, 2013 at 8:05:19 PM permalink
Just as long as the bad thread is named after Aaron Rodgers because he is a scumbag welcher. I would Even go so far as to say I found joy when he got injured. I know there is a name for that type of feeling, maybe someone on the forums knows what it is....
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
December 28th, 2013 at 12:56:59 PM permalink

Just as long as the bad thread is named after Aaron Rodgers because he is a scumbag welcher. I would Even go so far as to say I found joy when he got injured. I know there is a name for that type of feeling, maybe someone on the forums knows what it is....

Was there a high-profile incident with Rodgers welching on a bet? I guess I'm assuming you don't know him personally.
Perdition
Perdition
December 28th, 2013 at 1:08:50 PM permalink

Was there a high-profile incident with Rodgers welching on a bet? I guess I'm assuming you don't know him personally.

First bet he made was against a member of the group Boyz II Men. It was 49ers against the Packers and the loser had to wear the other team's jersey. Packers lost and Rodgers all of a sudden said it was a "joke", then started ignoring calls to make good. Mind you he personally asked the group to do the national anthem at the game as well.

Jersey Welch

The second and more famous one was his scumbag friend Ryan Braun throwing a poor FedEx sample guy under the bus. Someone on Twitter asked Rodgers if he though Braun was on PEDs. Rodgers said no way and bet a year of his salary that Braun was totally clean. Well you know how that story turned out. Now I don't think anyone expected the guy to go and pay 1 year of his salary(even though he was the moron that put it) but he didn't attempt to make any contact with the person. Didn't offer a jersey, tickets, whatever to make good, he just pretended he never said it.

Twitter Welch

There are a couple lower profile incidents of him welching but these are the main two. All you really need to know about this guy and his word.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
December 28th, 2013 at 1:35:57 PM permalink
Those sound like some 'whatever' bets we had here.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
December 28th, 2013 at 2:08:57 PM permalink

First bet he made was against a member of the group Boyz II Men. It was 49ers against the Packers and the loser had to wear the other team's jersey. Packers lost and Rodgers all of a sudden said it was a "joke", then started ignoring calls to make good. Mind you he personally asked the group to do the national anthem at the game as well.

Jersey Welch

The second and more famous one was his scumbag friend Ryan Braun throwing a poor FedEx sample guy under the bus. Someone on Twitter asked Rodgers if he though Braun was on PEDs. Rodgers said no way and bet a year of his salary that Braun was totally clean. Well you know how that story turned out. Now I don't think anyone expected the guy to go and pay 1 year of his salary(even though he was the moron that put it) but he didn't attempt to make any contact with the person. Didn't offer a jersey, tickets, whatever to make good, he just pretended he never said it.

Twitter Welch

There are a couple lower profile incidents of him welching but these are the main two. All you really need to know about this guy and his word.

Sounds to me like the first one is an actual bet, but not the 2nd one (was the bet ever accepted? What was the other guy putting up?)
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
December 28th, 2013 at 5:18:59 PM permalink
The twitter bet was not official. The follower never accepted a $4.5 million dollar bet.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 28th, 2013 at 5:45:18 PM permalink
Here it is, 1st 29 min of the Mission challenge part 1. Totally unedited. This is raw baby.
If mission takes a walk, I follow. If mission does pushups, I pan down to catch it. A little shaky due to handheld, but its all there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNKsWT4ljY&feature=youtu.be

Part 2 last 13 min of the Mission challenge, raw and unedited, will complete upload later tonight or tomorrow AM.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 28th, 2013 at 6:18:29 PM permalink
The first 15 minutes are crucial before the mind sends the full stomach signal. I would definitely get the hiccups and that would be my problem Maybe drink some vinegar to help digest, but I think it only helps with carbohydrates or starches. It's definitely harder than it looks.
I am a robot.
Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
December 28th, 2013 at 6:50:37 PM permalink
My hero! You inspire me to eat some nuggets. Nice job!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 28th, 2013 at 7:51:17 PM permalink
Quote: Asswhoopermcdaddy

My hero! You inspire me to eat some nuggets. Nice job!

I lost!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
terapined
terapined
December 28th, 2013 at 8:57:11 PM permalink
Here you go.

Part 2 , the final 13 min. Totally raw, no edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkFBayED3xQ&feature=youtu.be
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
December 28th, 2013 at 9:05:52 PM permalink
Amazed the IPAD CLOCK never walked away while everybody was outside around the garbage pail
Perdition
Perdition
December 28th, 2013 at 9:46:15 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

The twitter bet was not official. The follower never accepted a $4.5 million dollar bet.

I don't think he ever asked the guy to put up anything on his side. I laugh when people get into semantics of what was a "real" bet or contracts or other nonsense. Bottom line is no one held a gun to Aaron Rodgers head and told him to wager things, especially against unknown Twitter users. But he did and lost at least twice. Both times he welched. Like I said I don't think anyone including the guy who was the recipient of Rodgers betting on Braun's innocence expected to get an entire year's salary. But the end result is Rodgers lost. He could have been a good sport about it and took care of the guy with something. But he didn't because of course he is welching scum.

At the end of the day, you are only as good as your word and if you aren't going to make good, don't make bets or anything that could be construed as a bet. I don't have any money to bet with right now, that is why I have had no part in any forum discussions involving bets because why have any confusion? Just makes things a lot easier.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2014 at 7:47:09 AM permalink
My apologies to the people of Germany, but you won't be able to watch the video of the challange because somebody complained about copyrighted music in it. If you go to the 10:54 point you can hear in the background music the song See You Again by Carrie Underwood. I guess this complaint to YouTube was lodged because it violates German copyright law.

This seems strange to me because you can search for almost any movie, TV show, or song and find lots of people who blatantly copied, put an ad on the video, and posted it to YouTube. Some of such videos get over a million views. Why are they coming after me? That video has been viewed only 193 times so far.

Those Germans. No sense of humor.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 10th, 2014 at 8:37:46 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I lost!

You won as far as I am concerned. Takes a real man to handle defeat. No disrespect meant, but Aceofspades is still untested. When he has that $17,000 lost weekend, then I will see if he is a winner or a loser !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
January 10th, 2014 at 9:02:42 AM permalink
After viewing this, http://www.today.com/food/mesmerizing-mom-downs-72-ounce-steak-under-3-minutes-2D11890243 I'm going to request that Mission turn in his man card and is banned from the man club for a period no less than six months. :)
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2014 at 9:03:10 AM permalink

My apologies to the people of Germany, but you won't be able to watch the video of the challange because somebody complained about copyrighted music in it. If you go to the 10:54 point you can hear in the background music the song See You Again by Carrie Underwood. I guess this complaint to YouTube was lodged because it violates German copyright law.

This seems strange to me because you can search for almost any movie, TV show, or song and find lots of people who blatantly copied, put an ad on the video, and posted it to YouTube. Some of such videos get over a million views. Why are they coming after me? That video has been viewed only 193 times so far.

Those Germans. No sense of humor.

How weird, The Wiz's video gets banned in Germany and mine doesn't?
The Wiz's is is edited, mine isn't.
Maybe mine is banned as well and I dont know it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2014 at 9:19:18 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Sorry if I missed it, but can you give me a link to your video.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2014 at 9:36:50 AM permalink

Sorry if I missed it, but can you give me a link to your video.

Part 1 - kind of boring, 29 min of mission eating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNKsWT4ljY&feature=youtu.be

Part 2 - last 13 min, pretty interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkFBayED3xQ&feature=youtu.be
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 10th, 2014 at 9:47:07 AM permalink
There is a Rumor this man had a grandson out of wedlock. I don't know, but see the family resemblance between him and Mission ?

http://www.starscolor.com/imgs/997-john-carradine-2.html
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 10th, 2014 at 9:49:15 AM permalink
Always thought his greatest roll was as HATFIELD, the gentleman gambler in Stagecoach.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/John_Carradine
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 10th, 2014 at 10:28:57 AM permalink

The Wiz's is is edited, mine isn't.
Maybe mine is banned as well and I dont know it.

I had something similar to this happen to me once. A few years ago, when Fox was hosting the Emmy Awards, the show opened with Brian and Stewie from Family Guy doing a song about the year in TV (to the tune of the Family Guy "FCC" song), and I uploaded a clip of that, along with a number of other people - but mine was pretty much the only one taken down for a copyright violation.

My guess is, YouTube won't do anything unless somebody complains about a specific video; somebody saw The Wizard's video and complained, but doesn't know about Terapined's.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
January 10th, 2014 at 10:40:06 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

You won as far as I am concerned. Takes a real man to handle defeat. No disrespect meant, but Aceofspades is still untested. When he has that $17,000 lost weekend, then I will see if he is a winner or a loser !

Funny, I just watched "The Hustler" for the first time yesterday. Great movie.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2014 at 10:54:13 AM permalink

Funny, I just watched "The Hustler" for the first time yesterday. Great movie.

Cool, great movie. Be sure to watch part 2 The Color of Money
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 10th, 2014 at 11:03:29 AM permalink
I racked for Willie Mosconi in 1959. Great player. Hustler was released in 61 or 62. Willie was technical adviser and stakeholder in movie. No spoken line. Newman had never shot pool before this movie. Willie made his trick shot. Gleason was a pretty good player and insisted on long pan shots, so his friend could see he was making his own shots !
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
January 10th, 2014 at 12:19:40 PM permalink

Cool, great movie. Be sure to watch part 2 The Color of Money

Put it in my Netflix queue as soon as I finished the first one :)
Mission146
Mission146
January 10th, 2014 at 3:10:03 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Thanks, Buzzard!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
January 10th, 2014 at 3:20:04 PM permalink
You guys see the link to another video in Terapined's video? "50 Piece McNuggets Mission," that's not a mission, that's a light lunch!
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
February 7th, 2014 at 3:19:24 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

You guys see the link to another video in Terapined's video? "50 Piece McNuggets Mission," that's not a mission, that's a light lunch!

Yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5PaSqKD6k
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 7th, 2014 at 12:16:34 PM permalink
So it's not pink goo, it's white goo. Yum indeed.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: