HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
April 17th, 2012 at 12:54:51 PM permalink
Hey everyone, good news, I'm coming out to Vegas! My most favorite place in the whole wide world. SOOPOO had invited me out during his stay there. I've been planning on coming out and staying Wednesday April 18th and going home the same time he leaves on Saturday, three days later. I didn't want to make any announcement previously because I've been having issues with my back and wasn't sure if I had to cancel my trip or not, but luckily my back is feeling better and I am able to keep my plans!

When SOOPOO and I previously made plans for me to come out there he had offered to pay for my transportation there and back. Since I wasn't sure whether or not I'd have to cancel my trip due to my back we decided a week ago or so that we would wait to make any arrangements since it would be silly to book a flight that I would not be able to get on.

Anyway, now that I know for sure that I'm coming out and it's the day before my flight the price of the flight has gone up and SOOPOO will only pay my way out to Vegas but not my way back. This is understandable as the price of the ticket one way is $197. I'll have a small amount of gambling money with me while I'm out there (he's taking care of all my other expenses such as food and entertainment so I don't have to worry about that part) but I most likely won't have enough money to fly back.

Anybody know any cheap or free ways to get back to L.A. from Vegas? I was considering putting up an ad on craigslist.com and asking to hitch a ride but since that is illegal I can't do that cuz I don't want to get into trouble.

Any suggestions on travel would be appreciated. :)
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 17th, 2012 at 1:09:03 PM permalink
Not sure if's cheaper enough or not, but Spirit will fly you one-way from LAS to LAX on Saturday for $98.00 including taxes and fees.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
April 17th, 2012 at 1:21:40 PM permalink
Take a bus. I Googled and found GoToBus.com and the prices are about $20 to $25.
I heart Crystal Math.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
April 17th, 2012 at 1:30:50 PM permalink
ladies and gentalmen this concludes are tournament the winner is crystalmath. I dont even think you can hitchhike that cheap :)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 17th, 2012 at 1:40:30 PM permalink
Actually it looks like SOOPOO is booking me a flight through JetBlue for cheaper so he is able to pay for roundtrip.

Now the only issue is my flight lands at 530pm today (I'm coming out a day early now) and was wondering if anyone is around who would like to pick me up from the airport? He's going to be golfing at the time I arrive.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 17th, 2012 at 5:43:48 PM permalink
I'M IN VEGAS! WOOT!! WOOT!!
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 17th, 2012 at 5:53:19 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

Take a bus. I Googled and found GoToBus.com and the prices are about $20 to $25.

Check the one way drop off for enterprise rental car. Last time I did it was cheaper than a one way bus ticket (without including gas). If you have a passenger who will share gas money and split the charge, it will certainly be cheaper than the bus.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
April 17th, 2012 at 6:17:08 PM permalink
Welcome to Vegas! For the benefit of others here this week, I think there will be a mini-WoV get together Thursday night, after my radio show. PM me or SOOPOO for details.

There is no way I'm going to top ME's advice. Where is that high-speed train to LA when you need it?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 17th, 2012 at 8:15:57 PM permalink
I will be in Vegas starting this Saturday so I am going to miss this meeting and the WOV Convention in May.

Everyone who is in town, have FUN!
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 13
April 18th, 2012 at 12:09:58 AM permalink
Silver State Trailways is pretty good (and is sold on gotobus.com) - also Greyhound Lucky Streak has occasional deals, although you have to deal with that dump of a Greyhound station in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 18th, 2012 at 7:06:50 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Anybody know any cheap or free ways to get back to L.A. from Vegas?

Sorry, but any broad named Hot Blonde already knows how to get free transportation from a male.
  • Jump to: