Thread Rating:

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 314
February 9th, 2014 at 9:02:33 AM permalink
discard
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
February 9th, 2014 at 9:20:37 AM permalink
Thread summary:

The non-believers are wrong because they're blinded by their beliefs.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 9th, 2014 at 9:52:20 AM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

And he was in his bed one night and he looked at me, and he wasn’t on drugs, [..]

You see, this is such an incompelte picture one cannot take it seriously. What was the man's age, what was he dying of, what was his physical condition, what was his mental condition?

I've never been on drugs, but I've had hallucinations from high fever and once or twice from fatigue. And each time I recall feeling perfectly rational about them (of course I wasn't, but that's how it feels). So any "visions" by a dying man in a hospital are of absolutely no value.

Besides, my upbringing would signal conversion to something as patently false as Christianity to be a grave betrayal of God, not to mention tradition and family.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
February 9th, 2014 at 10:46:56 AM permalink
There is only one Jesus and it is one of the wonderful things that all Christians believe whether you are Catholic, Episcopal, Fundamentalist or a Christian Hippie. Jesus is the incarnate Son of God who came to save humanity by sacrificing His life for the forgiveness of sins and salvation of all.

Talk about a credible witness; here is all of Christianity around the world testifying to same Lord Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
February 9th, 2014 at 10:59:00 AM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

Thread summary:

The non-believers are wrong because they're blinded by their beliefs.

Either that or blinded by the devil.

Well, I don't know if that is actually the case, but there does seem to be something that blinds some non-believers from realizing the truth. Some of these truths are quite obvious, like the existence of God, aka Higher Power, Prime mover, uncaused cause, etc. Then there is the truth about Jesus Christ that does need revelation, prayer, and faith to discover. However, negative comments or immature ones like "Christianity is blatantly false" shows a real blindness to the facts and an unwillingness to actually discover or talk about them.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 9th, 2014 at 11:44:00 AM permalink

There is only one Jesus and it is one of the wonderful things that all Christians believe whether you are Catholic, Episcopal, Fundamentalist or a Christian Hippie. Jesus is the incarnate Son of God who came to save humanity by sacrificing His life for the forgiveness of sins and salvation of all.

Talk about a credible witness; here is all of Christianity around the world testifying to same Lord Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life.

Interesting, so you worship this Jesus or some other Jesus?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Nareed
Nareed
February 9th, 2014 at 11:45:53 AM permalink

I caution you I'm at work fixing someone else's mess and in a really foul mood, so please don't take this personally:

If you went back to, say, the year 60 BC, you'd get as much testimony for such gods as Jupiter, Athena, Baal, Ra and countless others. And you'd probably find such beliefs hilarious and pathetic. So what is such belief worth as evidence?
Nareed
Nareed
February 9th, 2014 at 12:07:13 PM permalink

However, negative comments or immature ones like "Christianity is blatantly false" shows a real blindness to the facts and an unwillingness to actually discover or talk about them.

Immature? for starters I said "patently" not "blatantly."

But to continue, if you read the Hebrew prophecies about the Messiah you'll realize none of that came true either before, after or during the time of Jesus. Ergo the Messiah has not come. Ergo Christianity is patently false, according to the Jewish scriptures. BTW, any number of devout, semi-devout, and even non-practicing Jews will testify to the effect that God is one, and that belief in God being three, or there being three gods, or God being some kind of three-in-one entity is just wrong.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
February 9th, 2014 at 12:38:01 PM permalink

Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life.

The Church should get that TM'd, it identifies
their brand.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 9th, 2014 at 12:44:19 PM permalink
" “There’s angels all around the room. Because of Jesus.” And that was it. He turned and looked away. If you knew my dad – it was the furthest thing from him.’"

My dad's sister was dying of a terminal decease in the 1940's. She was cared for by my Grandparents in their house. One day she asked if anyone else saw the angel standing in the corner ? She dies that evening.

No, I don't believe in angels.

My daughters are named SUSANN, MARYJO ANN, & MELANIE ANN.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

• Jump to: