Thread Rating:

Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 11th, 2017 at 6:04:51 AM permalink
Quote: sevencard2003

i play poker in there often, find me and say hi. wil be there from 10pm to 5am saturday night.

i lost big tonight, so on the way out i went by to see the BJ offerings, having just returned from vegas the last 3 months. seems i found a $15 shoe game, offering 3-2 and NOT a csm, but a normal shoe. unsure if it were 6 decks or 8.

i was glad it wasnt $25, since my roll is less than $20,000. u need to spread from 1-30 units at a bare minimum to have an edge

something is weird, please check this out for me, it seemed they dealt to the bottom of the deck? well not quite, but over 95%. this couldnt be right, or theyd lose big money doing this. surely they dont deceive us by leaving some of the deck in the shuffler?



They did some rearrangements in the pits and got rid of the couple of 6:5 games. There are a few more scattered shoe games now and are all 6 decks. The CSM tables are still 4 decks. I saw one dealer just two nights so cut off only half a deck for some guy on a $100 min game, which he probably requsted. I've seen the shoes at $10 or $15 a few times, but are usually $25
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 11th, 2017 at 11:11:23 AM permalink
Ok, I just did a run through of the blackjack games at GT. All are CSM except 7 tables set up for 6 deck shoes. The 3 that were open were cutting off 3/4 deck (dealing 5.25/6). Two are $10 and the other $25. I did find the 6:5 tables. There are 4 of them, all CSM's, and are next to the craps tables right across from the security podium. Obviously avoid these.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
sevencard2003
sevencard2003
Joined: Aug 16, 2011
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 78
August 11th, 2017 at 11:57:08 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Ok, I just did a run through of the blackjack games at GT. All are CSM except 7 tables set up for 6 deck shoes. The 3 that were open were cutting off 3/4 deck (dealing 5.25/6). Two are $10 and the other $25. I did find the 6:5 tables. There are 4 of them, all CSM's, and are next to the craps tables right across from the security podium. Obviously avoid these.



well they were $15 and $25 last night, no $10 which is 3-2 and a regular shoe instead of CSM or id played it. to avoid too many people, id need to play from like 3am to 8am. we could make a lot of money if i sat and counted the cards, then signaled u when to come in, that way they wouldnt know u knew the count. i wont be there tonight, but will tomorrow
sevencard2003.blogspot.com
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 11th, 2017 at 12:05:53 PM permalink
Quote: sevencard2003

well they were $15 and $25 last night, no $10 which is 3-2 and a regular shoe instead of CSM or id played it. to avoid too many people, id need to play from like 3am to 8am. we could make a lot of money if i sat and counted the cards, then signaled u when to come in, that way they wouldnt know u knew the count. i wont be there tonight, but will tomorrow


Thanks for the offer, but I have no intentions on playing there.

And as I said, the only 6:5 tables are the 4 CSM's across from the security podium next to the craps tables in between them and Synergy.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 3057
September 19th, 2017 at 5:31:52 AM permalink
I was at Greektown Saturday morning playing Pai Gow Poker. I was alone at the table for most of the time. It was dead, even for a Saturday morning.

The dealer kept complaining to me how they recently changed their policy about changing out the cards. It used to be every 4 hours, now it's every 8 hours. He said, "These cards are old. Just watch. Pretty soon we're gonna get red lights every other hand."

He was right. He kept having to call the pit boss over each time the machine gave a red light. He kept telling her we needed new cards, but god forbid if she was going to do that.

I'm assuming this new rule is to save money. But how much does a pack of cards cost? Fifty cents or less? And Greektown's cards seem a lot cheaper than most casinos... I'm wondering how much money they are losing based on how many hands aren't getting played while they wait for the pit boss to come over and constantly deal with the red lights...
The geniuses who thought HRC was running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop just can't connect the dots on all this trump-Russia stuff....
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
September 19th, 2017 at 8:01:30 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I was at Greektown Saturday morning playing Pai Gow Poker. I was alone at the table for most of the time. It was dead, even for a Saturday morning.

The dealer kept complaining to me how they recently changed their policy about changing out the cards. It used to be every 4 hours, now it's every 8 hours. He said, "These cards are old. Just watch. Pretty soon we're gonna get red lights every other hand."

He was right. He kept having to call the pit boss over each time the machine gave a red light. He kept telling her we needed new cards, but god forbid if she was going to do that.

I'm assuming this new rule is to save money. But how much does a pack of cards cost? Fifty cents or less? And Greektown's cards seem a lot cheaper than most casinos... I'm wondering how much money they are losing based on how many hands aren't getting played while they wait for the pit boss to come over and constantly deal with the red lights...


They use Gemacos. I don't know the cost, but you should've seen the problems Motorcity had with Paulsons in their shufflers. All it takes is a slight warp in the cards for them to jam up the shuffler.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"

  • Jump to: