odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 17th, 2012 at 12:47:01 AM permalink
Recently I have come to the conclusion that the immune system of a human is prepared to work wonders in one's skin, but has problems beneath the skin. I think this is true even when invading bacteria can still be reached; but there are places where infectious agents can hide from the immune system. Apparently the germs you got with your chicken pox are waiting somewhere so they can irrupt later into shingles, for example.

Anyway, here is the horror story. The woman got a deep wound.

http://news.yahoo.com/no-tears-ga-woman-sees-bacteria-ravaged-hands-215412863.html
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
May 17th, 2012 at 3:53:21 AM permalink
This got me to thinking. I wonder why faith healers never heal amputees.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 17th, 2012 at 4:12:22 AM permalink
Prompt administration of hydrogen peroxide and promptly getting her into a hyperbaric oxygen chamber might have saved the fingers.

Subcutaneous immune action is intense. Often a cutaneous manifestation is that of a systemic disease, not a localized one.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
May 17th, 2012 at 4:13:18 AM permalink
I changed the title from "Flesh-Eating Bac Horror Story" to "Flesh-Eating Bacteria Horror Story".

When I saw the original title I thought Baccarat was somehow involved, such as, she contracted necrotizing fasciitis from handling filthy Baccarat cards.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 17th, 2012 at 10:18:54 AM permalink
Our bodies are not designed to fight infection from the inside out. Our main line of defense is our skin and mucous membranes. Once bugs get past them, they are free to wander our circulatory system and munch on our organs. Oddly, it is not the consuming of our cells by the bacteria, but the waste by-products they produce that do so much damage.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
May 17th, 2012 at 10:33:09 AM permalink
And just a month after South Park did a special on the dangers of ziplining, we learn of one more...
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
May 17th, 2012 at 10:58:22 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

This got me to thinking. I wonder why faith healers never heal amputees.

Maybe because they're all quacks? http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
Stupid is a choice
  • Jump to: