buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 24th, 2012 at 7:17:50 PM permalink
' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/wtf-sticker-campagin-prom_n_1293411.html]

I am so dumb. Tried posting a link and picture GRRR

Fruita is even smaller than Grand Junction.

And they seriously thought this was a good idea?

And NO, they did not understand there was another acronym for Welcome To Fruita !
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
April 24th, 2012 at 7:19:50 PM permalink
don't you mean WTF is Fruita? :)
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
WongBo
WongBo
April 24th, 2012 at 7:20:46 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://i.huffpost.com/gen/508146/WTF-FRUITA.jpg]

{your link was to the webpage not the web image}
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 24th, 2012 at 7:21:27 PM permalink
Thanks I am so damn puter illiterate !
WongBo
WongBo
April 24th, 2012 at 7:23:10 PM permalink
i am SURE some young'un in the tourism office knew exactly what that meant,
but chose to remain silent and have a good laugh with his friends..
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 24th, 2012 at 7:26:05 PM permalink

Thanks I am so damn puter illiterate !

You just left a blank after the "img=" in your reference; that screwed up your post. My guess is that you copied and pasted the URL, and your computer automatically added the space in order to make your life hellish.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 24th, 2012 at 7:51:14 PM permalink
I bought this computer at an estate sale. I am always afraid the original owner will come on night to repossess it !
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 28th, 2014 at 10:53:54 AM permalink

I bought this computer at an estate sale. I am always afraid the original owner will come on night to repossess it !

Sometimes I hitchhiked though Fruita and other times I rode trains. I got picked up twice by the same gay man in Grand Junction. When he found out he couldn't score he dropped me off at Fruita. I spent more than a few nights under the bridge that crosses the railroad tracks at Fruita. It was back in the days of Southern Pacific. They merged with Union Pacific some years ago. That track ran from Kansas City across Kansas to Pueblo, Colorado then up over the rockies and the two mile high city, Leadville. Then dropped down to Grand Junction and ran up to Ogden, Utah. Ogden was a key point on the tramp trail. You could jump trains going north, south, east or west. I used to work day labor in Glenwood Springs and Frisco.

Helper, Utah was an R & R spot on the tramp trail. They had a mission there that treated a tramp like a king for three days every six months. At Helper the trains needed help getting over the mountain by other locomotives. That's how the town got it's name. I''m to old to do it anymore. But I sure miss the days when I was a real free man.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Transcend
Transcend
  • Threads: 17
January 28th, 2014 at 11:05:22 AM permalink

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/wtf-sticker-campagin-prom_n_1293411.html
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
January 28th, 2014 at 11:43:20 AM permalink
Where is Wong Bo?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 28th, 2014 at 12:18:52 PM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Where is Wong Bo?

Hasn't been around in ages. There may have been some kind of drama, I don't recall to be honest.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 28th, 2014 at 12:19:54 PM permalink
Grew up as a kid in Pigtown, next to the stockyards in Baltimore. We used to steal the grease packing out of boxcar wheels to make torches. No telling how many hot boxes we caused. Had this security guard at the stockyard , who scared the hell out of us. We would be riding horses or herding goats, when he would shout at us. Soon as he did, we would start climbing back over the wooden fences.
He had a slingshot and would fire metal stickers at us. Scare the hell out of you, when one of them hit the board next to your hand or head. Must of been 16 before I realized he was a great shot LOL

Speaking of Mickey and cops, coolest cop I knew was named Mickey, with last name of Finn, no less. He would get a call about kids on railroad trestle throwing stones at cars below. He would sneak thru woods and when about 100 yards away, yell at kids to stop. Then kids would run next to tracks with Mickey chasing. He carried a blank pistol and would fire at them. Being kids as soon as they heard the shot, they would dive onto cinders. LOL As a kid you don't know about the speed of sound and that it's already to late to duck.

Best story is when he got suspended for being shit faced drunk in a bar in uniform. Best part is a week later same Captain that suspended him, had to give mickey a special commendation for stopping an armed robbery in that same bar his first day back on
duty. And he was drunk and in uniform that night too.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 30th, 2014 at 4:15:01 PM permalink
I live in Clifton now, population 8,000 and to small to have a horse. But today was too much. Saw this electric billboard on the highway.

Candle light dinner on Valentines Day ..... 6 to 8 PM .... Make Reservation. And I am not kidding, the name of that food place is McDonalds.

Perhaps Mr Mission 146 can make reservation at a McDonalds in his area. Then Ace of spades cab handle the divorce !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
  • Jump to: