Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 9th, 2012 at 7:51:40 PM permalink
Quote: winmonkeyspit3

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/04/09/hangover-heaven-offers-mobile-cure-in-las-vegas/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

My cure for hangover: drink a coke.

Of course my last one was in 1985, so take it FWIW.

The traditional Mexican cure for a hangover: a plate of very hot chilaquiles (either green or red, with or without chicken) and a cold beer.

That one is a lot cheaper and more enjoyable, if you like beer.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
April 9th, 2012 at 10:36:17 PM permalink
Haha very true. I'm shocked that this "bus" can offer IV's for no medical reason. Looks sketchy to say the least.
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
  • Threads: 25
April 10th, 2012 at 1:35:15 AM permalink

Haha very true. I'm shocked that this "bus" can offer IV's for no medical reason. Looks sketchy to say the least.

You've obviously never been truly hung over.

My prevention: Ibuprofen and as much of this as I can drink before bed. I buy the stuff by the 6-kilo case. I find it a lot better than the typical sports drinks for hot days on the shooting range and other times I'm at risk for dehydration. Its far less sweet than gator/power ade. The hangover prevention/elimination properties are a bonus. They run a couple coupon specials a year that get the cost down. Magical elixir.
Nareed
Nareed
April 10th, 2012 at 7:16:02 AM permalink

The fastest way to rehydrate someone is through an IV with saline and electrolytes.

See, water is soluble in alcohol. That's one of nature's little-known oddities, as water is usually a solvent, not the stuff that gets disolved. In any case, what it means is that alcohol will remove water from the body. Add consumption of salty snacks to the mix (plentiful and "free" at bars), which cause a surplus of sodium, which requires using up the body's stores of water to eliminate, and the previous night's bender can leave you severely dehydrated.

Still, most people can get over that by simply drinking gatorade or some other drink with electrolytes. But an IV still works faster.
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
April 10th, 2012 at 8:27:42 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

The fastest way to rehydrate someone is through an IV with saline and electrolytes.

See, water is soluble in alcohol. That's one of nature's little-known oddities, as water is usually a solvent, not the stuff that gets disolved. In any case, what it means is that alcohol will remove water from the body. Add consumption of salty snacks to the mix (plentiful and "free" at bars), which cause a surplus of sodium, which requires using up the body's stores of water to eliminate, and the previous night's bender can leave you severely dehydrated.

Still, most people can get over that by simply drinking gatorade or some other drink with electrolytes. But an IV still works faster.

I understand that an IV will rehydrate you, I'm just curious how a dude on a bus can get away with sticking needles in you because you have a hangover.
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
April 10th, 2012 at 9:40:25 PM permalink
Quote:

I understand that an IV will rehydrate you, I'm just curious how a dude on a bus can get away with sticking needles in you because you have a hangover.

They'll stick a needle in you to try to prove you're driving drunk. No medical reason for that either. As long as you consent, what's the big deal? It's legal to poison yourself the night before.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
April 10th, 2012 at 9:55:46 PM permalink
Where is Conrad Murray when you need him.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Juyemura
Juyemura
  • Threads: 39
April 10th, 2012 at 9:58:00 PM permalink
What if you are too drunk to give consent?
Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
April 10th, 2012 at 10:23:29 PM permalink
QuadDeuces
QuadDeuces
April 10th, 2012 at 10:32:39 PM permalink
Quote:

What if you are too drunk to give consent?

Between you and the doctor.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
April 11th, 2012 at 1:05:12 AM permalink
Quote: JB

I got striped searched by Trudey.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Nareed
Nareed
April 11th, 2012 at 6:30:38 AM permalink

What's the big deal? The article claims the man's a doctor. An IV isn't a major medical procedure.
  • Jump to: