4 votes (8%)
4 votes (8%)

50 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 10th, 2011 at 5:42:42 AM permalink
I think the question is fairly simple.

Two-point conversion: without looking it up, who is Mike Kruczek?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
December 10th, 2011 at 6:01:33 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

1. Backup-QB to Terry Bradshaw in late 1970s.
2. Former recordholder of most-consecutive wins to start your career before it was snapped by Ben Roethlisberger.

Write-in vote: "Jerry Logan eats worms."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
December 10th, 2011 at 6:52:11 AM permalink
I think he eventually becomes a tight end /H-Back They'll scheme for him next year and probably last few of this year. The Vick solution - just have a linebacker shadow him.
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 10th, 2011 at 7:02:17 AM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

I think he eventually becomes a tight end /H-Back They'll scheme for him next year and probably last few of this year. The Vick solution - just have a linebacker shadow him.

I can see him continuing to develop. Look at Big Ben, handoff king his first year, now a great passer. Tebow seems to have leadership and that "desire to win" trait in him. And he has a clean image that is hard to find in today's celebs.
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
December 10th, 2011 at 7:07:25 AM permalink
I hope you are right. I like him - wish there were more like him in society in general LOL. Like the old positive thinking gurus used to say "Desire is the key!"
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
December 10th, 2011 at 7:12:00 AM permalink

I recuse myself from the two point conversion due to being a die hard life long Steelers fan.
A falling knife has no handle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 10th, 2011 at 7:16:06 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I recuse myself from the two point conversion due to being a die hard life long Steelers fan.

Didn't stop me. Remember, the Cowboys were (falsely) adopted as a team of a country as "America's Team" but we founded a country in STEELER NATION!
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2011 at 7:23:59 AM permalink
Tebow presents a different way to win, for now. He's actually the new Kordell Stewart: a better physical specimen than Kordell (but nowhere near as talented), and in a system that has been changed to take advantage of his strengths rather than trying to change him to meet a preconceived notion of what he should be able to do.

He's good enough at this style so that even when teams figure out how to defend it, he'll be successful against them. Folks know how to defend Aaron Rodgers, but knowing how to do it isn't the same as doing it.

His success is real. As Coach Tomlin says, you are what the tape says you are, and the tape says 6-1. My prediction is that he's strong enough to last a year or two at this, and then he'll get a knee injury and he won't be quick enough to be successful any more.
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2011 at 7:43:44 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Didn't stop me. Remember, the Cowboys were (falsely) adopted as a team of a country as "America's Team" but we founded a country in STEELER NATION!

Hehe.

Kruzcek facts:

He ended his Steelers career without ever losing a game he started: he went 6-0 in 1976. (He lost a game with Washington.)
He ended his career with a 60.4% completion percentage, 7.7 yards per attempt and 12.7 yards per completion. Not bad. And really not bad for the '70s.
He never threw a touchdown pass.

These are just interesting facts, not meant to make him better than he actually was. He wasn't very good. He took sacks on 13% of his pass attempts, and his average loss per sack was 9 yards; Roethlisberger, by comparison, is sacked 8.7% of the time for an average loss of about 6.7 yards.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 10th, 2011 at 7:52:13 AM permalink

These are just interesting facts, not meant to make him better than he actually was. He wasn't very good. He took sacks on 13% of his pass attempts, and his average loss per sack was 9 yards; Roethlisberger, by comparison, is sacked 8.7% of the time for an average loss of about 6.7 yards.

Last I saw he was a QB coach in Minnesota or somehting. He seems one of those players who was good enough to stay as a backup, and used his time on the sidelines to learn how to coah and run a team. As such even 25 years later he can still catch on as a mid-tier coach, just being careful how long of a lease he signs when he moves to town.

I still remember when the Steelers beat the Rams and he was whooping it up in the locker room for winning the championship and my dad and uncle saying, "WTF, the guy didn't even take a snap all year and he acts like he won it all?!"

Not saying he might not be a good guy, but that was their reaction. My brother and I had shirts with his number on them, probably because all the "12s" were sold out where my mother bought them.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 10th, 2011 at 8:05:53 AM permalink
Tim Tebow is god.

Oh wait a minute, there is no god.

Never mind.
"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 10th, 2011 at 8:38:46 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Tim Tebow is god.

Oh wait a minute, there is no god.

Never mind.

Actually one of the better parts of watching Tebow is seeing how so many p eople who preach "tolerance" be shown as the bigots they are. While some honestly don't care and let the guy alone, others get more outraged than if he shot himself or killed dogs for fun.
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2011 at 8:52:03 AM permalink

Actually one of the better parts of watching Tebow is seeing how so many p eople who preach "tolerance" be shown as the bigots they are. While some honestly don't care and let the guy alone, others get more outraged than if he shot himself or killed dogs for fun.

Tebow doesn't piss me off. It's the COVERAGE of him that pisses me off. The talking heads need a story, so they blow it all out of proportion. You know who's more overt about his religion? Polamalu. He's freakin' crossing himself while the ball's being snapped. But no one cares. And they don't care that Tebow kneels and prays... but they mind A WHOLE LOT that the media is constantly calling attention to it.

Shut the hell up about it already. He's religious. We get it. Now watch the freakin' game, OK?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 10th, 2011 at 9:33:33 AM permalink
Tebow is "just winning". And that counts for a lot. Whether he's a great quarterback will take a while to work out (so many QBs have had great first seasons to fade out, and other's were damn lousy at first only to be HoFers). As one analyst I saw caught, he's the most over-analyzed young Quarterback in years. The sports media just has to be always with the story, and never let the game itself tell the tale.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
December 10th, 2011 at 10:56:53 AM permalink

Tebow presents a different way to win, for now. He's actually the new Kordell Stewart:

Stewart was the best wide out to play QB ;)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 10th, 2011 at 10:58:00 AM permalink

Tebow doesn't piss me off. It's the COVERAGE of him that pisses me off. The talking heads need a story, so they blow it all out of proportion. You know who's more overt about his religion? Polamalu. He's freakin' crossing himself while the ball's being snapped. But no one cares. And they don't care that Tebow kneels and prays... but they mind A WHOLE LOT that the media is constantly calling attention to it.

Shut the hell up about it already. He's religious. We get it. Now watch the freakin' game, OK?

It is the talking heada that need a story that is the problem. Some guys dance and to my eyes make fools of themselves after a good play, Tebow says a little prayer. Why can't they leave it alone? Why does it bother them so much? And why do they take the course that there is something "wrong" with it?

FWIW, Troy is a very religious guy. My parents met him at some kind of dinner at his church. Didn't know he was going to be there, someone else invited them. They come home and said, "Guess who we saw?" Said he was a nice, soft-spoken guy IRL. I can vouch that he signs a lot of autographs for charity events. I work them and see the chinese auction items, 9 times out of 10 if there is any local sports stuff there his autographed whatever is there.
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
December 10th, 2011 at 11:19:21 AM permalink
Von Miller is the real new star of the Broncos. Having a great defense and good running game work wonders in making a QB look good. Even Trent Dilfer has a ring.

Having said that, Tebow's last game reminded me of early Roethlisberger with the low pass attempts yet high yardage and decent accuracy (completion percentage over 65%). If he can play like that consistently he can keep winning year after year, as long as he has that defense and running game to support him.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
Mosca
Mosca
December 10th, 2011 at 11:21:25 AM permalink

It is the talking heada that need a story that is the problem. Some guys dance and to my eyes make fools of themselves after a good play, Tebow says a little prayer. Why can't they leave it alone? Why does it bother them so much? And why do they take the course that there is something "wrong" with it?

FWIW, Troy is a very religious guy. My parents met him at some kind of dinner at his church. Didn't know he was going to be there, someone else invited them. They come home and said, "Guess who we saw?" Said he was a nice, soft-spoken guy IRL. I can vouch that he signs a lot of autographs for charity events. I work them and see the chinese auction items, 9 times out of 10 if there is any local sports stuff there his autographed whatever is there.

Exactly.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 10th, 2011 at 12:10:39 PM permalink

Tebow doesn't piss me off. It's the COVERAGE of him that pisses me off.

I haven't seen the griping on his religious nature you guys mentioned, but the coverage likewise pisses me off. Every single pre-game show is full of the guys saying "he's not going to make it", "he's a flash in the pan", "he's not fit for NFL style football" and on and on, just a huge hate party. I have no opinion of the guy personally (out of my divisional interests) but he's a rookie QB, doing good, and with an incredible record. The Bronco's won a game with only 2 team receptions all game. Talk about that. The constant down putting has been old for a while now.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nareed
Nareed
December 10th, 2011 at 12:23:51 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I have no opinion of the guy personally (out of my divisional interests) but he's a rookie QB, doing good, and with an incredible record.

Technically he's not a rookie. This is his second year in the NFL.

As to the rest, if he doesn't mind making an ass out of himself in public, that's his business.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
December 10th, 2011 at 1:48:47 PM permalink
The NFL is a big dog and pony show anyways. I'm an AVID college football fan, but sports radio and news covers more NFL so I know enough of what's going on.

Tim Tebow is sexy. Physically, mentally, and most of all, personality wise. He was made for cameras and interviews and stories and publicity. He's winning games, which is why all the coverage is on him right now. Overall, he reminds me of Anna Kornikouva; good-looking, not a bad player, but not in the top echelon. But she had big, well endowments.

Sexy sells, and the NFL needs him now, especially coming off a near disaster of an off-season.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
December 10th, 2011 at 4:41:30 PM permalink
I actually think he is for real.

I don't watch college football, so when everyone said he was a runner who couldn't throw, I figured he had no chance in the NFL.

But what I didn't know is how big and fast he actually is. The reason why running QBs don't work in the NFL is that they can't stand the pounding, and they either run for 10 yards or for -5 yards when they carry the ball.

When Tebow runs, he's getting between 3-8 yards on every run it seems. This keeps the ball moving consistently, and sets up the down and distance where he can throw the ball deep and get a long completion 1-2 times a game. He can't lead a team to a Superbowl, but if he improves as a passer, and the Broncos are committed to an innovative offense, I think he is the type of QB that can keep your team competitive.

Actually, not sure if that even means he is for real. But I at least think he is one of the 32 best QBs in the league...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 11th, 2011 at 6:19:35 AM permalink

As to the rest, if he doesn't mind making an ass out of himself in public, that's his business.

And how does he "make an ass of himself" I would have to ask?
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 11th, 2011 at 10:38:10 AM permalink
I await with bated breath.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 11th, 2011 at 5:50:47 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I await with bated breath.

I wouldn't hold that bated breath waiting for the answer, even if I was not among the people he has blocked because we do not agree with a certain view he has. I just have to smile guessing I know the real answer.

Meanwhile, Tebow just pulled off another win. Most teams would like their QB to "make an ass" of themself like that.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 11th, 2011 at 5:56:02 PM permalink
I was watching the game. Down 10-0 and going what, 3 - 15 in receptions, I was thinking, "no, he isn't the real deal". Wow. Felt bad for da Bears though.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 11th, 2011 at 9:25:05 PM permalink

I wouldn't hold that bated breath waiting for the answer, even if I was not among the people he has blocked because we do not agree with a certain view he has. I just have to smile guessing I know the real answer.

Meanwhile, Tebow just pulled off another win. Most teams would like their QB to "make an ass" of themself like that.

Indeed. Complaining about a football player making a public display that "makes an ass of themself" is asinine, considering Tebow is possibly the politest guy on the field most (all?) days.

He even said he thought the Lions Tebowing when they scored on him was amusing.

I've no problem with it. You can pray, or Lambeau leap, or do the West Side Story dance. It's all good. Let players play with emotion and passion, whatever drives them, be it their faith or whatever else.

As for the Broncos, it's the defence and the ground game (of which Tebow is a key part, of course). It's what made the Steelers great in Rothelisberger's first year. Let your young QB general the game, rather than win it, if that's the type of player they are.
Nareed
Nareed
December 12th, 2011 at 8:20:33 AM permalink

Indeed. Complaining about a football player making a public display that "makes an ass of themself" is asinine, considering Tebow is possibly the politest guy on the field most (all?) days.

How polite is it to make a show of being seen praying? Even our own FrGamble frowns upon prayer as a show. Isn't that making an ass out of hismelf? Consider, eh has so much regard for his faith, that he trivializes it by making it a sideshow to a football game.

Not that I mind.

Quote:

I've no problem with it. You can pray, or Lambeau leap, or do the West Side Story dance. It's all good. Let players play with emotion and passion, whatever drives them, be it their faith or whatever else.

Sure, but let's take it for what it is in every case: a side spectacle.

Quote:

As for the Broncos, it's the defence and the ground game (of which Tebow is a key part, of course). It's what made the Steelers great in Rothelisberger's first year. Let your young QB general the game, rather than win it, if that's the type of player they are.

Not quite. The Steelers then played Steeler footbal. That is, run the ball and have the world's greatest defense. That's the same recipe they used when Kruzcek subbed for Bradshaw, only then the defense was the original Steel Curtain. The number of shut outs they managed that year is amazing.

The Broncos are paying Denver football: Don't gett to far behind in the score baord, wear out the other guy's defense, and turn the game around in the 4th quarter. I don't think that would have worked against the Bears had Cutler played. Might-have-beens aside, though, we'll see how the Tebowing Wild Horses do against other teams in the playoffs. I wouldn't hazard a guess about that just yet.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 12th, 2011 at 9:48:48 AM permalink

How polite is it to make a show of being seen praying? Even our own FrGamble frowns upon prayer as a show. Isn't that making an ass out of hismelf? Consider, eh has so much regard for his faith, that he trivializes it by making it a sideshow to a football game.

Have you ever looked at the US : public displays of faith are common place. It's accepted behaviour. FrGamble may not approve. FrGamble is a Catholic, and their creed and witness is different from the Baptists. It's hardly impolite. You may take offence and think it's impolite, but I think you are in a small minority.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
December 12th, 2011 at 4:04:46 PM permalink

How polite is it to make a show of being seen praying? Even our own FrGamble frowns upon prayer as a show. Isn't that making an ass out of hismelf? ]Consider, eh has so much regard for his faith, that he trivializes it by making it a sideshow to a football game.

Not sure where it is being "impolite." Doesn't slow the game, he isn't asking the O-line to join him. He is saying his own prayer of thnks. My thought is that it is hardly a "sideshow" because the guy would probably say the same prayer if the stadium were empty and no cameras. I'd bet he says a little prayer of thanks alone many times.

Quote:

Not that I mind.

If you didn't you wouldn't think he was making an ass of himself.

Quote:

Sure, but let's take it for what it is in every case: a side spectacle.

I was going to say something about what could also be a side spectacle but don't think I will.
Nareed
Nareed
December 12th, 2011 at 7:52:33 PM permalink

Have you ever looked at the US : public displays of faith are common place.

Not that common.

Quote:

It's accepted behaviour.

I never said it wasn't.

Quote:

You may take offence and think it's impolite, but I think you are in a small minority.

I'm not offended. Why should I be? I would be if I were a believer. I wouldn't think it was respectful to equate prayer with something so trivial as an end zone celebration. I'd be offended at a show off who makes prayer no more relevant than spiking the ball.

Do I mind? Not even a little bit.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
December 12th, 2011 at 8:35:01 PM permalink
Hey I've got to say in regards to his faith Tebow is the real deal. I still think he can't throw the ball worth a darn, but man can he play.

In regards to his public displays of faith I think it is awesome. He is obviously not doing so for show, but as someone mentioned would be doing the very same thing if the stadium was empty. He is genuine and has a simply motivation to give God praise. If you revisit our brief discussion on public prayer in the Religion section I clearly mention that the humble prayer of praise and gratitude is always welcome. I don't find a genuflection and a point to the heavens to be a showy expression of faith on a football field.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
December 12th, 2011 at 8:37:52 PM permalink
It's a combination of:

A) the defense - giving up 15 points or less in 5 of Tebow's 7 wins (and getting 3 TD's in those games)
B) the opponents - combined record of 39-52 (.429) for the teams played since week 7
C) Matt Prater - being money in 4th Qtr/Overtime lately.
D) Luck - poor clock management by Miami and Chicago cost those teams wins and gave Tebow time to do his stuff
E) Tebow himself

I'll give the guy some credit, but it's not like he's making tackles, covering opposing WR's, kicking FG's, or blocking 285 lb nose tackles. The media often forgets how much of a team sport football is, and try's to give too much credit to a few 'skill position' players.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 12th, 2011 at 8:39:59 PM permalink

Do I mind? Not even a little bit.

Sure....
Nareed
Nareed
December 12th, 2011 at 8:45:19 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

I'll give the guy some credit, but it's not like he's making tackles, covering opposing WR's, kicking FG's, or blocking 285 lb nose tackles.

Well, no. He's no Peyton Manning :P

Quote:

The media often forgets how much of a team sport football is, and try's to give too much credit to a few 'skill position' players.

Yes, but often one player makes or breaks a team. And often that player is the QB.

A very big exception was Miami in the dream season of 72. Bob Griese missed big chunk of it, but the Dolphins still won every game.
Nareed
Nareed
December 13th, 2011 at 6:43:25 AM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

In regards to his public displays of faith I think it is awesome.

So do I. It's amazing those on the side of god would think Jesus is on a par with the Ickie Shuffle (for those who remember that, however it's spelled), or the antics of Terell Owens. Keep up the good work.

Quote:

He is obviously not doing so for show, but as someone mentioned would be doing the very same thing if the stadium was empty.

How do you know?
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 13th, 2011 at 7:48:09 AM permalink

A very big exception was Miami in the dream season of 72. Bob Griese missed big chunk of it, but the Dolphins still won every game.

So far the packers are undefeated since the SuperBowl...
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 13th, 2011 at 10:45:55 AM permalink
The Packers haven't lost in over a year (7-3 loss to the Lions, where Rogers didn't finish the game due to a concussion).
Mosca
Mosca
December 13th, 2011 at 12:00:11 PM permalink

Hey I've got to say in regards to his faith Tebow is the real deal. I still think he can't throw the ball worth a darn, but man can he play.

In regards to his public displays of faith I think it is awesome. He is obviously not doing so for show, but as someone mentioned would be doing the very same thing if the stadium was empty. He is genuine and has a simply motivation to give God praise. If you revisit our brief discussion on public prayer in the Religion section I clearly mention that the humble prayer of praise and gratitude is always welcome. I don't find a genuflection and a point to the heavens to be a showy expression of faith on a football field.

Just so you know, FrG, the Bob Tebow Evangelical Association does not believe Catholics are Christians.

Just a little FYI for you.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 13th, 2011 at 12:08:10 PM permalink
Brian Urlacher, when asked about Tebow during an interview, said "He's a good running back, he does a good job for them".

LOL! Everybody just hates on this guy. It makes me want the Broncos to go all the way.

Save your hate for people that deserve it. Like Tom Brady.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nareed
Nareed
December 13th, 2011 at 1:15:25 PM permalink
Quote: Face

LOL! Everybody just hates on this guy.

I'll wait untilt he innevitable day he obviously costs his team an easy game, and his supporters come out in force blaming everything and everyone but St. Timothy of Tebow :P

Quote:

It makes me want the Broncos to go all the way.

Sorry. As things stand, the Broncos have a good chance of meeting the Steelers in the Wild Card game. The Steelers don't lose 1st round playoff games.
Mosca
Mosca
December 13th, 2011 at 5:54:12 PM permalink

Just so you know, FrG, the Bob Tebow Evangelical Association does not believe Catholics are Christians.

Just a little FYI for you.

A bit more...

What' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>http://www.btea.org/whatwebelieve.asp]What we believe

We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Scriptures. By this, we mean that the words (verbal) of Scripture recorded in the autographa are inspired, not just the concepts. By plenary, we mean that we hold all of Scripture to be equally inspired. We do not believe that one section, book, or testament is any more inspired than any other section, book, or testament. By inspired, we mean that we believe the Scriptures have been "breathed out" by God Himself. Man and God are co-authors of the Bible. God divinely prepared and used man in such a way that the personalities of the human authors were not in any way overridden; yet the divine message was not in any way diluted or corrupted by man's sinful nature. God superintended the authorship of Scripture to ensure an inerrant written record of the Word of God.

Because the Holy Scriptures were divinely superintended and because of the character of God, the Bible is completely inerrant. This is to say the written Word of God is totally without error of any kind. The Bible is wholly true in all that it affirms. We do not believe the Scriptures have errors or mistakes at all. In any place where the Bible speaks to an issue, whether in depth or on the surface, the Bible is wholly accurate. These truths about the Scriptures are based upon the character of God and the Biblical testimony (II Timothy 3:15-16; Proverbs 30:5-6; II Peter 1:20-21). We believe the Bible is to be understood in the literal, grammatical, historical sense that avoids the errors of allegorical, private interpretations that depart from the original intent of the Author.

A. Creation- We believe God created the heavens and the earth, the visible and the invisible out of nothing in six 24-hour days, according to the Biblical record. Creation is for the glory of God (Ps. 19:1-6), God is distinct from creation (John 1:1-3), and God preserves creation (Acts 17:24-25).

B. Providence- God is continuing to work out His plan for all creation, sustaining and maintaining all that is to His ultimate goal- the glory of God. The Providence of God provides for the care of the nations and individuals in gracious and merciful ways, to the end result God is glorified.

The local church is the physical assembly of believers on earth. The local church is the agency through which God works today. The local church is to be autonomous, governing itself independent of outside influence, whether religious or secular. Though the local church government is not answerable to outside influence, they are answerable to the Head of the Church- Christ (Ephesians 5:23). That the church is to be autonomous is evidenced by the authority to judge members (I Corinthians 5:13), elect its own officers (Acts 6:1-6), guard and observe ordinances (I Corinthians 11:23-34), and settle its own internal difficulties (I Corinthians 6:1-5). The membership of the local church is to be comprised of the regenerate only. All of the regenerate are to be members, all of the members are to be regenerate. Each individual member of the church is gifted for the edification of the body (I Corinthians 12-14; Romans 12:3-8; Ephesians 4:7-16). The New Testament gives the pattern for church government and order in which there are local church officers (elders and deacons), to which proper submission to them is Scriptural (Hebrews 13:17; I Peter 5:1-5), rules for orderly practices (I Corinthians 11:1-34; 14:1-40), and an orderly system of church finances (I Corinthians 16:2). The local church is to be growing qualitatively and quantitatively. We believe in the unity of believers but not at the expense of the purity of doctrine. Therefore, we reject the modern ecumenical movement.

(Highlight added. Translation: Catholic doctrine is not pure, therefore Catholics are not part of the "unity of believers".)

etc. Basically, they're dinosaur riders.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
December 13th, 2011 at 6:36:33 PM permalink
That's okay I still think Tebow is awesome. My experience with these very fundamentalist Christians is that there is a lot of misunderstanding concerning Catholic theology. If Bob Tebow would invite me to his skybox when the Broncos beat the Steelers I woud have him praying a Hail Mary by halftime or at least in the fourth quarter.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 13th, 2011 at 6:48:06 PM permalink

I woud have him praying a Hail Mary by halftime or at least in the fourth quarter.

Maybe you could sell him an Indulgence or two, those
are very popular this time of year.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mosca
Mosca
December 13th, 2011 at 7:43:57 PM permalink

That's okay I still think Tebow is awesome. My experience with these very fundamentalist Christians is that there is a lot of misunderstanding concerning Catholic theology. If Bob Tebow would invite me to his skybox when the Broncos beat the Steelers I woud have him praying a Hail Mary by halftime or at least in the fourth quarter.

I like him, too. But I don't trust people like that. There's a wall that they put between themselves and those who are not of Landru.
Nareed
Nareed
December 13th, 2011 at 7:59:46 PM permalink

If Bob Tebow would invite me to his skybox when the Broncos beat the Steelers [snip!]

I think you have a better chance of performing a baptism in that sky box, or however you go about it, than the 2011 Broncos do of beating the Steelers (assuming a Steller team at a strength of 3/4 and a healthy Polamalu).

If things get to that point, not a sure thing, would you consider a friendly wager?
Toes14
Toes14
December 13th, 2011 at 8:33:07 PM permalink
Don't forget that Harrison is suspended, so he can't ring up Tebow with yet another of his patented helmet to helmet shots!
Nareed
Nareed
December 13th, 2011 at 9:26:08 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

Don't forget that Harrison is suspended, so he can't ring up Tebow with yet another of his patented helmet to helmet shots!

He was suspended for one game, meaning next Monday against the 49ers.
Toes14
Toes14
December 13th, 2011 at 9:49:49 PM permalink

He was suspended for one game, meaning next Monday against the 49ers.

Oops, my bad!
Mosca
Mosca
December 14th, 2011 at 6:19:38 AM permalink

My experience with these very fundamentalist Christians is that there is a lot of misunderstanding concerning Catholic theology. If Bob Tebow would invite me to his skybox when the Broncos beat the Steelers I would have him praying a Hail Mary by halftime or at least in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, but you think that regarding me. (And I mean that as a compliment.) It's your nature to think that way!
  • Jump to: