Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 25th, 2014 at 11:35:14 PM permalink
Quote: reno

On a (slightly) related note, fMRI brain scans of people drinking cola revealed that premium cola brands (Coke & Pepsi) stimulated the left ventral striatum, while the generic cola brand stimulated the medial orbitofrontal cortex. The belief that you are drinking a specific brand impacts “neural responses signalling reward in the brain."

Perception is very important and the prior belief of what you believe reality to be. Food coloring plays a big role exploiting this, price exploits this, packaging, etc., etc. It's all about consciousness perceiving reality then confirming its own assumptions heavily based on belief.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 25th, 2014 at 11:38:17 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Not sure about wine and champagne because I hate it all. Beer is fine, I rarely care what kind it is, as long as its in a mug, warm beer doesn't bother me , cant stand the dark ale.

When it comes to the Hard stuff, I absolutely can tell the diffidence between knock off brands and name brands. Knock off brands of Crown, Grand Marnier, and especially Frangelico are not good. Sometimes I like cheap brands better then expensive ones. I think Smirnoff Vodka is better then Grey Goose or absolute.

I would bet against you unless maybe you had a giant nose.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: