JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
May 5th, 2011 at 9:20:49 PM permalink
Is there any app that is more addicting than Angry Birds? Downloaded Rio last week and got my final three star level finished today. They need a new update now so I can get my fix!
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 5th, 2011 at 9:26:58 PM permalink
Quote: Altut

Huh?

I rest my case.

What is the case you are resting? That it's one of the most popular apps and like many people I enjoy playing it and trying to beat it?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 5th, 2011 at 9:30:43 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Is there any app that is more addicting than Angry Birds? Downloaded Rio last week and got my final three star level finished today. They need a new update now so I can get my fix!

I totally forgot that I had installed Rio!! Now I can play the May update:)

I can't believe how addictive the game is. I had an 8 hour layover in Cincy last month (after a cancellation due to weather the day before), and I almost missed my flight because of this damn game.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 5th, 2011 at 9:35:47 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I totally forgot that I had installed Rio!! Now I can play the May update:)

I can't believe how addictive the game is. I had an 8 hour layover in Cincy last month (after a cancellation due to weather the day before), and I almost missed my flight because of this damn game.

Yeah it can kill a lot of time, I like to play when I'm playing poker. Volume off of course but it kills time between hands. I don't have the May update for Rio yet, hopefully it will be available soon.
clarkacal
clarkacal
  • Threads: 42
May 5th, 2011 at 10:40:50 PM permalink
It really is incredible how quickly time passes while you play.

If you're interested, they sell angry birds t-shirts at JC Penney.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
May 5th, 2011 at 10:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: clarkacal

It really is incredible how quickly time passes while you play.

If you're interested, they sell angry birds t-shirts at JC Penney.

And Hot Topic.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
cellardoor
cellardoor
  • Threads: 1
May 5th, 2011 at 11:26:35 PM permalink
That was my game of choice for a while.

Then I put a SNES emulator on my phone...every game that i ever loved during my childhood, at the touch of my fingertips. God help me if i get any work done.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 5th, 2011 at 11:32:24 PM permalink
Quote: cellardoor

That was my game of choice for a while.

Then I put a SNES emulator on my phone...every game that i ever loved during my childhood, at the touch of my fingertips. God help me if i get any work done.

Hmmmm I might have to get that. Is it in the app store? I have an iPhone.
cellardoor
cellardoor
  • Threads: 1
May 5th, 2011 at 11:42:41 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Hmmmm I might have to get that. Is it in the app store? I have an iPhone.

I currently have a Palm Pre so it runs web OS, the program is called SuperNES (also free which is best!). It takes a little computer knowledge as you have to individually download each games ROM and manually load them to the phone, but if you know how to work a thumb drive you can probably load a ROM on a phone.

As the webOS is the least popular of the mobile OS', I'm sure the iPhone or Android has something similar, just search on your app store for a SNES emulator and there has to be one, if not if you have a jailbroken iPhone I'm almost positive an app is available.

Actually, I'll be getting a Google Nexus S on Monday or Tuesday so I'll now be on Android Gingerbread. There better be a SNES emulator available. I play way too much Super Mario Bros. it's like my daily fix of crack.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 6th, 2011 at 1:07:56 AM permalink
What game is this? You shoot birds instead of Martians or something?
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 6th, 2011 at 1:20:47 AM permalink
Quote: cellardoor

I currently have a Palm Pre so it runs web OS, the program is called SuperNES (also free which is best!). It takes a little computer knowledge as you have to individually download each games ROM and manually load them to the phone, but if you know how to work a thumb drive you can probably load a ROM on a phone.

As the webOS is the least popular of the mobile OS', I'm sure the iPhone or Android has something similar, just search on your app store for a SNES emulator and there has to be one, if not if you have a jailbroken iPhone I'm almost positive an app is available.

Actually, I'll be getting a Google Nexus S on Monday or Tuesday so I'll now be on Android Gingerbread. There better be a SNES emulator available. I play way too much Super Mario Bros. it's like my daily fix of crack.

I don't have a jailbroken phone so if there isn't an app I might be out of luck. I'll look into it though.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 6th, 2011 at 1:21:51 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

What game is this? You shoot birds instead of Martians or something?

Well this is gonna sound really stupid but you actually are shooting the birds with a slingshot to kill the evil pigs who stole their eggs. Different birds have different abilities. Again, I know it sounds stupid but it is an incredibly addictive game for your cellphone. Great for killing time wherever you are.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
May 6th, 2011 at 10:58:45 AM permalink
I love me some angry birds.. i consider it a puzzle game..love it. I think my 4 year old may be better at it than I am however.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 6th, 2011 at 11:05:41 AM permalink
I've heard much of this game but never seen it. Anyway there are lots of simple games that can be very addictive. I can play Bejeweled for hours on end, for instance. I used to have one in my old Palm IIIc, along with a cheat-friendly version of monopoly...
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
May 6th, 2011 at 11:23:37 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I've heard much of this game but never seen it.

Do not seek it out. It's more addictive than arguing with trolls. More addictive than coffee! Avoid!!
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Nareed
Nareed
May 6th, 2011 at 11:35:48 AM permalink

Do not seek it out. It's more addictive than arguing with trolls. More addictive than coffee! Avoid!!

Is it even available outside Apple? If not, I'm safe as can be. I own nothing made by Apple, I believe that makes me one of a very small group :P
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
May 6th, 2011 at 11:38:13 AM permalink

Is it even available outside Apple? If not, I'm safe as can be. I own nothing made by Apple, I believe that makes me one of a very small group :P

I found an online version. Thankfully, it's in Japanese so I didn't try it.

But I did consider emailing my son's Japanese teacher to translate it for me...

(Mosca already got me hooked on online Crazy-4 Poker, curse him.)
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
May 6th, 2011 at 11:42:43 AM permalink

I play it on my Motorola Droid phone, which runs Google's Android OS.
Nareed
Nareed
May 6th, 2011 at 11:45:06 AM permalink

I play it on my Motorola Droid phone, which runs Google's Android OS.

I've an old Nokia running Java or Symbian or some other prehistoric OS. Actually it doesn't even work as a phone any more. I keep it as a clock, calendar, alarm clock and for a few games it came with.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
May 6th, 2011 at 11:46:08 AM permalink

I've an old Nokia running Java or Symbian or some other prehistoric OS. Actually it doesn't even work as a phone any more. I keep it as a clock, calendar, alarm clock and for a few games it came with.

Even a new iPhone 4 doesn't work as a phone. :P
Nareed
Nareed
May 6th, 2011 at 11:55:36 AM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Even a new iPhone 4 doesn't work as a phone. :P

I've heard that. It reminds me of old jokes concerning jeans and digital watches.

Recently I had a chance to play with my sister's ipad. I kind of see why it would be useful but 1) I need a keyboard to make full use of it and 2) I'd want a stylus so as not to leave finger smudges all over the touch screen.

So if and when I decide to get something like an ipad, I'm sure I'll get a laptop :)
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
May 6th, 2011 at 11:58:40 AM permalink
Here's some Angry Birds related comedy, warning for adult language:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54

I don't play the game (although I do enjoy the Crush the Castle game online that inspired AB) because I have no iPhone or Droid phone, but I still found this hilarious, as did all the AB players that I showed this to at work.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 6th, 2011 at 12:26:47 PM permalink
Angry Birds are like Slot Machines according to this blog.
Ericayne
Ericayne
  • Threads: 0
May 6th, 2011 at 12:56:47 PM permalink
Another thumbs up for Angry Birds! Fun game. Highly recommended.
But....it doesn't hold a candle against Plants vs. Zombies.....
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 6th, 2011 at 3:00:12 PM permalink
Quote: progrocker

Here's some Angry Birds related comedy, warning for adult language:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54

I don't play the game (although I do enjoy the Crush the Castle game online that inspired AB) because I have no iPhone or Droid phone, but I still found this hilarious, as did all the AB players that I showed this to at work.

I saw that a while back, absolutely cracked me up!
  • Jump to: