3 votes (8.57%)
6 votes (17.14%)
19 votes (54.28%)

35 members have voted

ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
March 8th, 2011 at 5:58:18 AM permalink
<meant to be comical but serve the purpose of not allowing MKL to come back as a sockpuppet>

Here's why I think so. The library of posts is listed below, but consider ...

teeth1 appeared 2 days after MKL's latest ban, Feb 23.

Wizard has said MKL was very angry at being banned.

Signature lines are similar ...

Quote: mkl654321

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw

Quote: teeth1

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. ___ Friedrich Nietzsche

... right down to the three dashes before citing the author.

teeth1 knows a lot about long-ago posts. While it is only VERY UNLIKELY that someone would visit for, say, 4-5 months before joining, it is even MORE UNLIKELY that someone visiting that long would hold something of a positive opinion about MKL. The best I think anyone has said of MKL is that he's ... er ... entertaining.

The one small exchange I had, he called me a nasty name and had to have the last word.

Look, I don't like the guy any more than anyone else, but there's always room for redemption. If MKL comes back and demonstrates a truly new attitude, I can (eventually) think better of him. But doing it under a sockpuppet is bullsh.

So, I thought I would test my perceptions against the rest of the forum's and see if I was truly smelling a rat or if I'm seeing something that's not there.

Body of posts here:

MKL isn't motivated by trivial things like post counts, you're thinking of MRJJJJJJJJJJJJJ. What ever happened to him?

By the way, his first post under the sockpuppet. Really?!? MKL not motivated by post counts? Knows about mrjjj? Something MKL accused mrjjj of?

That's what always got me about this show and Frazier too - a different woman every week.
Do people like this actually exist in real life?

OK, normal one ...

As far as absurd quotes go, thanks to Charlie Sheen, there's now a whole new source.

Also normal ...

killed

That's more like it!

Before this thread lapses, more details on the horse are as follows

Trainer: Dale L. Romans
Jockey: Jesus Lopez Castanon
Owner: Lauffer, Michael and Cubbedge, W.D.
Breeder: Mike Lauffer & Bill Cubbedge

Career Racing Summary:
Starts Firsts Seconds Thirds Earnings
4 2 0 0 $ 71,666

Auction History
Prices in parentheses indicate a horse did not sell because it did not meet its reserve price.
Year Sale
2009 Keeneland Association September 2009 Yearling Sale ($275,000)

Lapses? Really?

There's no getting anything past you.

Is it .....

Organised labor and organised religion, are they mutually exclusive?

The "s" instead of "z" thing *might indicate something like English, but there's nothing anywhere else.

You seem to have acquired some of MKL's paranoia.

HERE we go!

I'll take that as a compliment.

In reference to him being like MKL. I don't think I've come across any long-timer here who would take "you're like MKL" as a compliment. I was already suspicious at that point, but that pretty much convinced me. Last word!

His 9th post, btw, and 4 of them on "positive" qualities of MKL. But there's more ...

Very impressive, you must have a lot of self control.
However, you didn't mention turnover, so we don't know if you are in the same league as the Wizard.

Possibly not sarcastic, but probably is. So that's 5 out of 10 posts that are either complimentary of MKL or exactly like him in their sarcasm or know-it-all-ness.

But here's the one that nailed it down ...

Now we will never know what MKL's IQ was.

WHY would a noob cite a thread that's been dead for, what, 4 months? One started by MKL for MKL's own self-promotion, and yet still think MKL was anything other than what he was? Possibly sarcastic, but in light of the entire body, probably not.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 105
March 8th, 2011 at 7:43:21 AM permalink
You worked quite hard, soccer. Well stated.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 295
March 8th, 2011 at 8:01:55 AM permalink
MKL's absence has wrecked the chess tournament too.

I wonder where "teeth" comes from?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1266
March 8th, 2011 at 8:11:39 AM permalink
I asked JB to look into it. I hope it comes back negative, as I think teeth is much better behaved than mkl.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
March 8th, 2011 at 8:17:45 AM permalink
I believe MKL started out OK too, but, for whatever reason, became JL's whipping boy, and reacted.

For the record, based on what I've seen, I wouldn't care if they are the same.

Sure, those are some interesting details that were pointed out, but, anything taken out of context can seem like a smoking gun.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
March 8th, 2011 at 8:20:57 AM permalink
could there be a kinder gentler JimmyLogan here as well?
Free Mdawg!
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
March 8th, 2011 at 8:21:50 AM permalink
For the record, I think JERRY is here under a new name, too.

But his new persona is far more reserved - at least for now.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
March 8th, 2011 at 8:23:27 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I asked JB to look into it. I hope it comes back negative, as I think teeth is much better behaved than mkl.

I'm open to being wrong, and if I am, I'll do what I have to to make it right. But it JDLR. Part of me is embarrassed because it even matters, but I, like many other participants, have enjoyed the clean air and I guess I just felt like it would be better to err on the side of making an ass of myself than just standing by while MKL made a (possible and underhanded) stealth return.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 295
March 8th, 2011 at 8:26:03 AM permalink
geez, all MKL has to do is apologize and say he wants back in.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 8th, 2011 at 8:39:43 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

geez, all MKL has to do is apologize and say he wants back in.

No, not even that. He's done his time by the rules and he can get back in simply by getting back in.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

• Jump to: