Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
September 10th, 2021 at 8:36:39 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I didn’t realize, “Good gravy!”, would be seen as a throw down; I’d better watch my language from now on.

• link to original post

I have no idea what "Good gravy" is but in my mind it is the white gravy with sausage that is on my biscuits.
    Order from chaos
    Mission146
    Mission146
    • Threads: 132
    September 10th, 2021 at 8:47:49 AM permalink
    Quote: DRich

I didn’t realize, “Good gravy!”, would be seen as a throw down; I’d better watch my language from now on.

• link to original post

I have no idea what "Good gravy" is but in my mind it is the white gravy with sausage that is on my biscuits.
  • link to original post

Appalachian slang typically for people who aren't comfortable saying, "Good God!"

I'm not uncomfortable with saying that; I'm not even religious. I just think that, "Good Gravy!", is delightfully silly.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    Hunterhill
    Hunterhill
    • Threads: 46
    September 10th, 2021 at 8:57:27 AM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

Appalachian slang typically for people who aren't comfortable saying, "Good God!"

I'm not uncomfortable with saying that; I'm not even religious. I just think that, "Good Gravy!", is delightfully silly.
  • link to original post

I think it’s the same as people who say jeezum crow instead of Jesus Christ
    The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
    Mission146
    Mission146
    • Threads: 132
    September 10th, 2021 at 9:04:15 AM permalink
    Cheese and crackers!
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    • Threads: 9
    September 10th, 2021 at 10:27:28 AM permalink
    Quote: MDawg

A process of many pills.

But as stated some days I take all, others days almost none. Just depends on how I feel or if I get around to it.

And as stated, even if the bottle suggests taking more than one I generally take 1 only.

• link to original post

I assume you ingest plenty of liquid when swallowing your daily intake, so how much real nutrition do you actually eat? I cannot imagine that you are over weight in any sense of the word. You are aware that your body does NOT store excess vitamins or supplements and will pass any unused excess.

I hope you provide your personal medical provider(s) with an accounting of the above and that they runs "labs" to make sure everything is in normal ranges for blood and urine chemistries.

tuttigym
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    September 10th, 2021 at 10:31:04 AM permalink
    Quote: Marcusclark66

Good gravy!

Can you post a picture of what I take daily for me? Just remove everything from that piece of furniture and take a picture of it.

• link to original post

Why is it MDawg always gets challenged?

Why is it he has to prove certain things?

Like the majority of other posts by countless members, if you don't agree or side with them, you generally just move on, not challenge them with the same intense redundancy you do with MDawg? (At least that is what I have seen and observed here)

Thank you,
    Marcus Clark
  • link to original post

Here, here; perhaps with a couple of exceptions.

tuttigym
    MDawg
    MDawg
    • Threads: 27
    MichaelBluejay
    September 10th, 2021 at 10:36:12 AM permalink
    I do drink a lot of water, period, especially first thing in the morning and before and after each gym workout.

Not overweight, am extremely fit and in fighting weight shape. 😇

Yes once a year my physician runs a lot of labs, I mean, a LOT - many vials of blood drawn, but most of them are because I insist. Well beyond the usual CBC with differential, CMP chem panel and hemoglobin A1c. I have a couple of tests run that monitor the levels of certain specific supplements I take. One time I was advised to reduce the dosage of one specific supplement because it was making my levels for that specific substance in my body too high. I am actually overdue for this year's annual because been in Vegas too long, will need to fly back and forth for that or have them done here.

I actually ceased taking any vitamins and supplements once for six months, and then took the same tests again - I don't believe there was any clinical difference as far as the usual blood tests given to people. Again, I'd say that the benefits of vitamins and supplements for an otherwise healthy person are subtle, long term and would not necessarily show up in lab blood tests, absent of course specialty tests run for levels of a specific vitamin or supplement.

I think what MichaelBluejay is saying as far as researching the benefits and purity of supplements is smart and the way to go.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    tuttigym
    tuttigym
    September 10th, 2021 at 10:48:22 AM permalink
    Quote: MDawg

I actually ceased taking any vitamins and supplements once for six months, and then took the same tests again - I don't believe there was any clinical difference as far as the usual blood tests given to people. Again, I'd say that the benefits of vitamins and supplements for an otherwise healthy person are subtle, long term and would not necessarily show up in lab blood tests, absent of course specialty tests run for levels of a specific vitamin or supplement.

Thanks for the response. Seems like you may have learned something regarding possible excess of chemicals that are really unnecessary. Nice to hear you are taking care of yourself. My Jewish mom always noted that one's real wealth is their health.

tuttigym
    DRich
    DRich
    • Threads: 77
    September 10th, 2021 at 11:07:38 AM permalink
    Quote: Hunterhill

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

I think it’s the same as people who say jeezum crow instead of Jesus Christ
  • link to original post

I have never heard that one either. My people just say what they mean no matter the company they are in.
    Order from chaos
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    • Threads: 8
    MichaelBluejay
    September 10th, 2021 at 12:55:52 PM permalink

I have never heard that one either. My people just say what they mean no matter the company they are in.

• link to original post

I think this sort of self-moderation of strong language may not be as uncommon as you suggest.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: