Thread Rating:

Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
August 18th, 2021 at 5:40:33 PM permalink
Yep. If you want to check out Port Charlotte, look at South Gulf Cove.

Punta Gorda is very cool too. I know less about Cape Coral.

Happy searching man.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
August 18th, 2021 at 5:41:12 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I know very little about Port Charlotte but I will be there in a few weeks to look at the area and possibly buy a house.

How will you buy a house if you haven't sold yours yet. You said buying a house in Florida was totally contingent on you selling your house in Las Vegas first.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
August 18th, 2021 at 5:48:10 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

How will you buy a house if you haven't sold yours yet. You said buying a house in Florida was totally contingent on you selling your house in Las Vegas first.

I am working on some alternate financing. If I can "afford" two house payments, according to the lender, it won't be a problem. It s close but I am not sure if I will qualify as I can only use 45% of my income according to their rules to qualify. If my wife hadn't retired a couple weeks ago it wouldn't have been an issue.
Order from chaos
DRich
DRich
August 18th, 2021 at 5:51:47 PM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Yep. If you want to check out Port Charlotte, look at South Gulf Cove.

Punta Gorda is very cool too. I know less about Cape Coral.

Happy searching man.

Thank you. I know Cape Coral very well but haven't spent any time in Punta Gorda or Port Charlotte. Others have told me to look at the Rotunda West area of Port Charlotte https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotonda_West,_Florida.. I will check it out in a few weeks.
Order from chaos
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 18th, 2021 at 6:43:52 PM permalink

Thank you. I know Cape Coral very well but haven't spent any time in Punta Gorda or Port Charlotte. Others have told me to look at the Rotunda West area of Port Charlotte https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotonda_West,_Florida.. I will check it out in a few weeks.

Watch out, very easy to overextend yourself in a situation like this. Remember that absolutely nothing works out the way you think it's going to so you have to give yourself leeway and usually lots of it. Did you ever see the movie The out-of-towners? A couple from the Midwest has every minute of their first trip to New York City planned and not a single bit of it worked out like they thought it would. It's a hilarious movie.
DRich
DRich
August 18th, 2021 at 6:55:59 PM permalink

Watch out, very easy to overextend yourself in a situation like this. Remember that absolutely nothing works out the way you think

Very true. I know I can sell the house I just don't want to pay the $40K commission. I want to sell it myself if possible. If not, I will just have to suck it up and pay real estate agent commissions.
Order from chaos
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 18th, 2021 at 7:39:36 PM permalink

Very true. I know I can sell the house I just don't want to pay the $40K commission. I want to sell it myself if possible. If not, I will just have to suck it up and pay real estate agent commissions.

Nobody wants to pay the Real Estate Commission, oh well. It's so complicated now unless you're an expert you can really screw it up if you do it yourself. Better to have somebody who does it for a living do it for you and it's one less thing to worry about.
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
August 19th, 2021 at 4:47:04 AM permalink

Yep. Rotonda West is another that's worth checking out.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
August 19th, 2021 at 12:31:35 PM permalink

You know real estate commissions are NEGOTIABLE. Have agents bid on listing and selling your house. You will save lots.

tuttigym
DRich
DRich
August 19th, 2021 at 1:09:31 PM permalink

Nobody wants to pay the Real Estate Commission, oh well. It's so complicated now unless you're an expert you can really screw it up if you do it yourself. Better to have somebody who does it for a living do it for you and it's one less thing to worry about.

I have a real estate attorney and he only charges $1500 for a simple sale.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: