Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 24th, 2021 at 8:31:24 PM permalink
My Parents By Walter Kovacs 1955

I have two parents, although actually, I don't have any. I never see my mom but that's okay, although I sure would like to see my dad sometimes. I have never met my dad and I sure would like to. He had to leave our house when I wasn't even born, I guess because he couldn't get along with my mother. I would have done the same thing if I was him.
I used to ask my mom about my dad, but she doesn't talk about him. His name was Charlie, which is short for Charles, even though it has the same amount of letters.
She says she doesn't know his last name but how can you live with someone if you don't know who they are. It is just stupid.
My mom said she threw my dad out because they were always getting into political arguments with her because he liked President Truman and she didn't.

I think perhaps my dad was some sort of aide to President Truman, because he liked him so much. Most probably he was out of the country when I was growing up on some sort of secret mission. I think he was the kind of guy who would fight for his country and what was right. Maybe he got killed fighting nazis and he's with God now and that's why he never managed to find me.

I like President Truman, the way Dad would have wanted me to. He dropped the atom bomb on Japan and saved millions of lives because if he hadn't of then there would have been more war than there was and more people would have been killed.
I think it was a good thing to drop the atomic bomb on Japan.
This is all I have to say about my parents.

It's thirty five years since I first read this and it still sends chills up my spine.
As the song says- Alan Moore knows the score.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
July 24th, 2021 at 10:47:37 PM permalink
I wasn't familiar with the name, nor the fictional character Rorschach.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
July 25th, 2021 at 9:14:31 AM permalink
https://youtu.be/vSKLVseJ9Xo

Japan was allies with the USA and Britain during during world war 1 and the 8 nation alliance from 1911 to 1918. I think that Japan switched sides due to circumstance. After Japan pushed France out of Vietnam aka IndoChina in 1940, Roosevelt wanted France back in Vietnam and froze all Japanese assets in America and blocked shipments to Japan (embargo). The German concentration camps began in 1933.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jul 25, 2021
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
July 25th, 2021 at 4:49:06 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I wasn't familiar with the name, nor the fictional character Rorschach.

Neither was I, when I saw Kovacs I was thinking of Ernie.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
July 25th, 2021 at 6:46:56 PM permalink
https://youtu.be/1rjRYSfCJvM
  • Jump to: