• Threads: 266
May 12th, 2021 at 10:01:55 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: darkoz

Quote: PokerGrinder

Quote: Calder

Quote: onenickelmiracle

...Any time I do anything w investing try to pick moments, I usually get screwed...

These to me display gambling mindsets. Certainly no crime, and not surprising on a board of this nature.

But I think few financial advisors would call either of these ideas investing.

If I believe that this is an excellent investment opportunity and I have the opportunity why wouldnít I do this? Like I said the downside isnít that big.

This is gambling but I believe Iím gambling with an edge so I donít see the issue. I gamble with an edge every day, this is no different.

What edge do you think you have? What insight or advantage do you have that the average buyer lacks? You stated that you think this is an excellent investment opportunity. I'd like to understand what makes it so. So far, it seems most people look at the past performance and think it will continue. If bitcoin is at 50K, it needs to get to 100K for you to double your money. I'd love to have someone explain why one bitcoin is worth more than most luxury cars.

Scarcity and demand.

And your edge is what? An ushaken belief that it will continue to go up in price?

I posted a thread on how crypto works called "what is Crypto". You should read it.

Crypto purchases creates work (Mining). Mining is paid in crypto. People who use their crypto to make purchases create more work.

It's a for lack of a better term a "perpetual motion machine" of finance.

The more it's adopted the more work the more it's in demand the more price goes up.

Of course it's still a gamble but if you examine the major crypto currently they almost all go up in value due to this cyclical purchase creates work creates more demand.

Today eBay discussed they are looking into crypto as a form of payment. You asked earlier what is the definition of currency. Paypal and eBay are integrating crypto into their systems.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/tech/technology/ebay-says-open-to-accepting-to-cryptocurrencies-in-future-exploring-nfts/amp_articleshow/82383066.cms

Soon you will be able to purchase your favorite comic book on eBay using Bitcoin! But you will still be arguing that it's not a currency.

And just as some Ebayers say they only accept PayPal, there will come a time when some Ebayers will say they only accept payment in Bitcoin.

And then those people who want the item and don't have Bitcoin will be left out
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 207
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPen
May 12th, 2021 at 10:17:02 AM permalink
It's not a currency. Ebay allows you to buy using coupons they issue. Are eBay coupons a currency. eBay allows me to pay with Paypal. Is PayPal a currency? Is visa a currency?
My question is very simple. Gamer says he was investing with an edge. I 'd like to know what edge he thinks he has.
Your problem is you think that everyone who disagrees with you simply doesn't understand it well enough. You went on for weeks about how leronlimb was going to save the world and eliminate covid and that the rest of us simply didn't get it. I'll state the obvious and point out how wrong you were about it. Now you think you need to educate us on crypto-currency.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
May 12th, 2021 at 10:24:59 AM permalink
Do you understand the difference between money and currency? Do you understand that currency is tangible while money is not?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
May 12th, 2021 at 10:34:45 AM permalink
Edge = thereís still plenty of people in the world to buy into it. So, there is money to be made until at such time there isnít and prices stabilize or crash.

Thatís my best guess at an edge. Is there another?
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
darkoz
darkoz 
May 12th, 2021 at 10:36:03 AM permalink

Do you understand the difference between money and currency? Do you understand that currency is tangible while money is not?

I understand you stated you trust investopedia.

And investopedia says it a currency.

So apparently you don't trust investopedia.

As for Leronlimab that isn't over yet. A lot of sad corruption issues will come out about the FDA.

Looking like the Philippines is going to approve it after it saved the life of their former president.

I'm still holding. Time will tell on that one
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 51
May 12th, 2021 at 11:47:26 AM permalink

Gamer says he was investing with an edge. I 'd like to know what edge he thinks he has.

PokerGrinder*

FWIW I think crypto is going to crash hard this year, but I have been saying that since bitcoin hit $1k so I am not the person to listen to.

I think PG is smart to invest in crypto the way he has. His ďedgeĒ is being 30 years of age and earning a high income.

Best case scenario he gets FU money, worst case he has to rebuild 5-10 years of savings.
billryan
billryan
May 12th, 2021 at 11:54:06 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Edge = thereís still plenty of people in the world to buy into it. So, there is money to be made until at such time there isnít and prices stabilize or crash.

Thatís my best guess at an edge. Is there another?

I don't know. I'm asking myself.
billryan
billryan
May 12th, 2021 at 11:57:36 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

PokerGrinder*

FWIW I think crypto is going to crash hard this year, but I have been saying that since bitcoin hit $1k so I am not the person to listen to.

I think PG is smart to invest in crypto the way he has. His ďedgeĒ is being 30 years of age and earning a high income.

Best case scenario he gets FU money, worst case he has to rebuild 5-10 years of savings.

The sector will correct itself. They always do. Some early favorites will fall and some longshots will prosper.
billryan
billryan
May 12th, 2021 at 12:01:50 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I understand you stated you trust investopedia.

And investopedia says it a currency.

So apparently you don't trust investopedia.

As for Leronlimab that isn't over yet. A lot of sad corruption issues will come out about the FDA.

Looking like the Philippines is going to approve it after it saved the life of their former president.

I'm still holding. Time will tell on that one

Investopedia defines currency as the physical money in circulation in a country.
Please show me where they say bitcoin is a currency.
darkoz
darkoz 
May 12th, 2021 at 12:16:26 PM permalink

Investopedia defines currency as the physical money in circulation in a country.
Please show me where they say bitcoin is a currency.

The definition you say investopedia gives I don't see. Link to that on investopedia, please?

As for Investopedia saying it's a currency it's the first sentence in this link.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bitcoin.asp

Quote: Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Now, I suppose you will try to say when investopedia says the word "currency" prefaced by the word "digital" that they don't really mean the word "currency", lol.

• Jump to: