lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 15th, 2021 at 11:18:51 AM permalink

my wife and I are both retired - but my wife is not old enough for Medicare - so she has Obamacare

I just received an email from Maryland re Obamacare (even though it's from Maryland I think it applies to the whole country) saying that if you received too much in tax credits you don't have to pay it back

I already filed my taxes - and per my service's software I paid the excess back - and it was a lot

now I'm going to have to do something involving the IRS and the State of Maryland to get that money back

I'm madder than a hatter - this sucks - I'm glad I'm getting the money back but having to do all this work is ridiculous

Please don't feed the trolls
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
March 15th, 2021 at 12:18:44 PM permalink
So you just file an amendment to your income tax return. Simple I think?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 15th, 2021 at 1:20:37 PM permalink
Shame on the IRS for not knowing Congress would change the rules. Don't they have any crystal ball readers on their payroll?
You just received a huge tax break. I'd be pretty happy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 15th, 2021 at 1:34:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Shame on the IRS for not knowing Congress would change the rules. Don't they have any crystal ball readers on their payroll?
You just received a huge tax break. I'd be pretty happy.

actually, you're right - my bad

I read it real fast and I got hot

it wasn't an IRS screwup

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 15th, 2021 at 1:41:30 PM permalink
My wife works for a CPA firm and has been telling me to wait until April to file because all of the software packages for taxes have to be updated. I normally file in February but with all of the Stimulus changes everything is still in flux.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: