EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 427
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:22:13 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

My guess is that he was on so many pills that he won't even remember the accident.
The interview that he gave Sunday looked like he was very out of it.

He just had back surgery again
that was keeping out of the
tournaments anyway. He'll
be 46 this year, he'll be pushing
50 if he ever recovers enough
to play again. Time for the
senior circuit. Never liked the
guy, he was an arrogant snobbish
prick. Rush Limbaugh saw him
on a course years ago and wanted
to introduce himself. His friends
stopped him saying you never
approach Tiger, he approaches
you. If you do it he'll likely turn
on his heel and walk away. That
was probably 20 years ago.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:33:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

He just had back surgery again
that was keeping out of the
tournaments anyway. He'll
be 46 this year, he'll be pushing
50 if he ever recovers enough
to play again. Time for the
senior circuit. Never liked the
guy, he was an arrogant snobbish
prick. Rush Limbaugh saw him
on a course years ago and wanted
to introduce himself. His friends
stopped him saying you never
approach Tiger, he approaches
you. If you do it he'll likely turn
on his heel and walk away. That
was probably 20 years ago.

I introduced myself to him at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay and he was very pleasant. Of course he was a lot more interested in my wife.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 41
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:34:21 PM permalink
"This golf course isn't big enough for the two of us, so one of us has to step off!"
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 39
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:38:31 PM permalink
What will golf do now? When I was young there must have been ten or twelve guys on the pro tour that were household names. These days, unless you follow the sport, there's Tiger ... The End.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 41
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:40:33 PM permalink
Well, you'll have to settle for the 5 under par players instead of the 15 under par player.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 110
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:58:41 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Obviously he will never be what e was but he is also on the far back end of his career.

I think a fair bet may be does he ever win another PGA tour event. My guess would be No but I am not willing to bet on it. If the bet is does he win more than one PGA tour event I would probably bet the No.

Except for the time element, I would lay 10-1 he does not win another PGA tour event. I would bet even money he does not ever win a senior tour event. It was unclear if we would have anyway due to her s recurring back injuries.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 110
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:06:04 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

What will golf do now? When I was young there must have been ten or twelve guys on the pro tour that were household names. These days, unless you follow the sport, there's Tiger ... The End.

Really? What rock have you been hiding under? Bryson “Hulk” DeChambeau. Rory Mcilroy. Matthew ‘weird leg move’ Wolff. Justin ‘I used the word faggot’ Thomas. Patrick ‘cheater’ Reed. Jon ‘temper tantrum’ Rahm. And Phil is still hanging around.

Of course if you don’t follow golf none of that makes any matter to you. Just like it has always been.
DRich
DRich
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:17:03 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Really? What rock have you been hiding under? Bryson “Hulk” DeChambeau. Rory Mcilroy. Matthew ‘weird leg move’ Wolff. Justin ‘I used the word faggot’ Thomas. Patrick ‘cheater’ Reed. Jon ‘temper tantrum’ Rahm. And Phil is still hanging around.

Of course if you don’t follow golf none of that makes any matter to you. Just like it has always been.

I would be a lot more interested in the 12 that were household names in his day. I would bet a lot that he couldn't name them in person without looking it up on the internet.
Suited89
Suited89
  • Threads: 3
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:19:02 PM permalink
That extra-long swing of Tiger's probably is the root cause of back/knee concerns. I was taught to maximum swing when the club is parallel to ground... look at his early career, his backswing goes way past parallel. Way too long for body to catch up, pro or not. Yet, he did some amazing things and played like no other. Great golfer, but time accelerated for him due to that swing. I will say this, sometimes talent overshadows personality, and Tiger fits that phrase.

Suited89
some people need to reimagine their thinking
DRich
DRich
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:21:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Except for the time element, I would lay 10-1 he does not win another PGA tour event. I would bet even money he does not ever win a senior tour event. It was unclear if we would have anyway due to her s recurring back injuries.

I would take 10-1 that he wins one more in the next 5 years.

I don't think he will play on the Senior tour.

• Jump to: