21forme
21forme
  • Threads: 6
February 7th, 2021 at 7:00:58 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Here is my two cents.

In general, economy on long international flights is better than domestic economy. However, to places like Australia, the cost to upgrade is not worth it.

If you really want to fly first class/business on an international flight, go to a poor country. It will be MUCH cheaper. Like Mexico, the Philippines, Argentina.

I disagree with both statements. First, if you are going to fly biz/first, Australia is the trip to do it - a 15 hour flight in comfort with a lie flat bed in a private cubicle, getting a good sleep, is much more useful than splurging on a short flight. I once flew first class from the midwest to Vegas. I didn't pay for it, as I won the trip. The flight wasn't even long enough for them to serve a meal. :-)

Second, I've been to Argentina. It was about the same price as flying to Europe. If you haven't been there, it's a lot farther than you would think (and flew another 3+ hours to the "bottom" of the continent from BA). Try flying to a poor country in Africa (such as Tanzania for a safari). That one will cost more than flying to Australia.
  • Jump to: