• Threads: 31
January 26th, 2021 at 1:39:40 PM permalink
I just saw a FREE JULIAN ASSANGE post about a bet whether Assange will be pardoned by Trump or not, and it gives me an inspiration to start this betting/gambling thread with the subject title: Trump is a Criminal or Is Trump a Criminal – Is It a Bet? I guess the answer to that question is greatly depend on how you want to bet or view the bet describes below:

Anyone interest in a bet whether Trump will be in jail any time before or on 3rd November 2023? I want to emphasize that keywords in this bet are “be in jail” because even if Trump is convicted of treason, money launderings, tax evasions, sexual assaults or other civil/criminal matters may not land Trump in jail on or before the 3rd November 2023 date due to judicial appeal processes or Trump simply just gets lucky and die before seeing a prison cell.

Does anyone interested in this bet, and what odds do you want and how much do you want to bet?

P/S
Please keep the betting discussion here civil and in the context of betting/wagering/gambling only.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
January 26th, 2021 at 1:50:22 PM permalink
Politicians are nothing but criminals that skirts around the laws. I don't consider Trump a politician so the things that he has done, good or bad is because he's just a business man who happened to become president.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 26th, 2021 at 2:24:21 PM permalink
Quote: 777

Anyone interest in a bet whether Trump will be in jail any time before or on 3rd November 2023? I want to emphasize that keywords in this bet are “be in jail” because even if Trump is convicted of treason, money launderings, tax evasions, sexual assaults or other civil/criminal matters may not land Trump in jail on or before the 3rd November 2023 date due to judicial appeal processes or Trump simply just gets lucky and die before seeing a prison cell.

Does anyone interested in this bet, and what odds do you want and how much do you want to bet?

P/S
Please keep the betting discussion here civil and in the context of betting/wagering/gambling only.

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2023.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jan 26, 2021
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 26th, 2021 at 2:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2013.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.

I think the odds are slim to none
Somewhere in the thousand to 1 range and that's generous.
I can see fines and penalties but no way in the Pokey.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 26th, 2021 at 2:35:55 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I think the odds are slim to none
Somewhere in the thousand to 1 range and that's generous.
I can see fines and penalties but no way in the Pokey.

Woot Woot. If I can get long odds like that, I'd up my stake. I can see the reason for that date now, BTW.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 26th, 2021 at 3:27:05 PM permalink
Who knows what will come out now that he is out of power? If i was a bookmaker and had to make a line, I'd give 20-1 for those who think he will spend a day in jail, and you'd have to lay 50-1 if you want the 'no'. So around 3% chance he spends a night in the pokey.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 26th, 2021 at 3:27:42 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm inclined to wager up to about $100 that trump will not spend one continuous 24 hour period involuntarily in custody anywhere in the world, between now and 23:59 31 Dec 2013.... Or something like that. No idea what odds are available.

Does house arrest qualify?

And assume you mean 2023 not 2013
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 26th, 2021 at 4:00:32 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

And assume you mean 2023 not 2013

If it was stuck in an embassy like Assange, I'd see that as involuntary incarceration. House arrest, less so, unless he had a GPS bracelet on his leg.
Yes. 2023.
Quite a difference between 20:1 and 1000:1
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
January 26th, 2021 at 4:23:06 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

I believe that's likely the closest thing to confinement he would ever receive.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 26th, 2021 at 4:44:43 PM permalink
I'd like to remind the forum that political statements are not allowed. However, talking about betting on politics is.

A good litmus test about whether a post breaks forum rules is if it reveals a political opinion of the poster.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
January 26th, 2021 at 5:16:13 PM permalink
Today's headlines:

Marjorie Taylor Greene voiced support for executing Democrats before she went to Congress: report
Sky Palma
January 26, 2021

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the QAnon-adjacent GOP congresswoman from Georgia who played a large role in disseminating the rhetoric that sparked the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol by a mob of Trump supporters, repeatedly signaled support for executing Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before she was elected to Congress, CNN reports.

According to CNN, on a social media post in January 2019 Greene liked a comment that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Greene liked comments that advocated for executing FBI agents for being complicit in a "deep state" plot in other posts. In one post, Greene wondered when "we get to hang" Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

"Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off," she wrote.

When CNN asked Greene to comment on her past social media activity, she said that she's not the only one who runs her social media accounts.

"Over the years, I've had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet," she said.

After delaying Trump impeachment trial, all but 5 GOP senators vote in favor of saying now it's too late.
'We are armed and nearby your house': Ex-sheriff's sergeant arrested after threatening congressman's family
"You're very special"

LISTEN: My Pillow CEO in off-the-rails interview says Twitter was ‘running’ his account after suspending him
Ottawa residents seek to dump Trump street name
'A long time coming': Residents rejoice after unanimous vote to remove Trump's name from their condo complex
Senator Patrick Leahy taken to the hospital after presiding over Trump impeachment
Capitol Hill reporter calls Trump the 'bad break up' -- and the GOP can't shake their 'toxic ex'
Yeah, if you're going to work for Trump you gotta get that check up front.

Lawyers are blowing off Trump because they know he doesn't pay his bills: CNN
Ex-Republican @SteveSchmidtSES says GOP state parties have officially ‘been turned over to the Q Party’
‘Complete crap’: CNN’s Tapper fact-checks Oregon Republican Party claim of ‘false flag’ Capitol attack
Despite insurrection, there may be more guns in the Texas Capitol this session
Trump rioter who smoked a joint in the Capitol arrested by FBI after his co-workers turn him in
Trump trolled by famous scam artist with tips for how to get by in prison
Psaki shoves '81 million' Biden voters down throat of reporter who is worried about '74 million' Trump voters
Newsmax withdraws Sean Spicer's application to cover White House briefings
GOPer Boebert busted for claiming she 'didn't know' extremists she posed for pictures with
Lockdown-defying pastor rages after judge refuses to dismiss criminal charges: ‘Get ready for the judgment of God!’
Trump DOD slapped new restrictions on DC National Guard commander ahead of MAGA riots
Virginia cops who posed for selfies after breaking into Capitol get fired
Josh Hawley busted for lying that he was never really trying to overturn the election
'Pro-insurrection' Marco Rubio goes down in flames for calling impeachment a 'waste of time'
Expert explains why it’s so hard to ‘deprogram’ Trump-loving conspiracy theorists
Nikki Haley blasted as 'terrorist sympathizer' after claiming there's 'no basis' for Trump impeachment
There are witnesses who can testify that Trump enjoyed watching MAGA riots
Trump-loving white supremacists stormed the Capitol after he bolstered their movement: Stormfront founder’s son
Google: No more donations for GOP lawmakers who voted against Biden certification
Mental health experts say there's only one way for America to heal: Trump must face real punishment
'Republicans are eating their own': Morning Joe says GOP legitimizing conspiracies by purging non-believers
Morning Joe drops the hammer on 'stupid as hell' Josh Hawley for whining about being silenced
QAnon mayor turning small town into mecca for kooks by purging critics from government
Trump-loving priest ousted after performing exorcisms aimed at overturning election results
'We can all sleep better': Critics celebrate permanent Twitter ban of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell
Feds allege cover-up by Capitol rioter -- who was released to commit more crimes
'The definition of disgraced': Historian seals Trump's fate as impeachment article presented
Biden's hope for unity will not 'turn off the spigot of reactionary rage' dividing America: report
Clock is ticking for Manhattan DA to indict Trump before his term ends: report
Pence aide reveals she was ordered to spy on Dr. Birx
Fox host defends QAnon as network continues to support lying -- even after Capitol insurrection
Goya Foods revokes pro-Trump CEO's media privileges after he spreads election conspiracy theories: report
Capitol insurrectionist apologizes to @AOC saying he was just ‘following the instructions of’ Trump

Capitol insurrectionist Garret Miller apologized to Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Monday after he threatened to "Assassinate AOC," CNBC reported.
Following the attack on the Capitol, Miller said that he planned to "hug his neck with a nice rope."
Appearing in court, a federal judge in Dallas ordered Miller to continue to be detained without bail while awaiting his trial. The judge found that Miller is both a danger to the community and a possible flight risk, said the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Texas.
"I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him," Miller said in a statement released from his attorney.
"Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Donald Trump is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead," he said. "While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate. They were made at a time when Donald Trump had me believing that an American election was stolen," he said.
The statement continued: "I want to publicly apologize to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and the Capitol police officers. I have always supported law enforcement and I am ashamed by my comments."
After Trump told the group to go home, Miller said he got in his car and drove back to Texas.
During the attack on the Capitol, rioters were chanting "hang Mike Pence" and calling out for Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Ocasio-Cortez said that she was afraid for her life during the attack and she and other members of Congress were "nearly assassinated."
"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," the congresswoman said in an Instagram Live video.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 26th, 2021 at 5:42:38 PM permalink
Chump Change, you should probably delete that post.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 26th, 2021 at 5:55:52 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Today's headlines:

Marjorie Taylor Greene voiced support for executing Democrats before she went to Congress: report
Sky Palma
January 26, 2021

Marjorie Taylor Greene, the QAnon-adjacent GOP congresswoman from Georgia who played a large role in disseminating the rhetoric that sparked the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol by a mob of Trump supporters, repeatedly signaled support for executing Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before she was elected to Congress, CNN reports.

According to CNN, on a social media post in January 2019 Greene liked a comment that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Greene liked comments that advocated for executing FBI agents for being complicit in a "deep state" plot in other posts. In one post, Greene wondered when "we get to hang" Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

"Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off," she wrote.

When CNN asked Greene to comment on her past social media activity, she said that she's not the only one who runs her social media accounts.

"Over the years, I've had teams of people manage my pages. Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet," she said.

After delaying Trump impeachment trial, all but 5 GOP senators vote in favor of saying now it's too late.
'We are armed and nearby your house': Ex-sheriff's sergeant arrested after threatening congressman's family
"You're very special"

LISTEN: My Pillow CEO in off-the-rails interview says Twitter was ‘running’ his account after suspending him
Ottawa residents seek to dump Trump street name
'A long time coming': Residents rejoice after unanimous vote to remove Trump's name from their condo complex
Senator Patrick Leahy taken to the hospital after presiding over Trump impeachment
Capitol Hill reporter calls Trump the 'bad break up' -- and the GOP can't shake their 'toxic ex'
Yeah, if you're going to work for Trump you gotta get that check up front.

Lawyers are blowing off Trump because they know he doesn't pay his bills: CNN
Ex-Republican @SteveSchmidtSES says GOP state parties have officially ‘been turned over to the Q Party’
‘Complete crap’: CNN’s Tapper fact-checks Oregon Republican Party claim of ‘false flag’ Capitol attack
Despite insurrection, there may be more guns in the Texas Capitol this session
Trump rioter who smoked a joint in the Capitol arrested by FBI after his co-workers turn him in
Trump trolled by famous scam artist with tips for how to get by in prison
Psaki shoves '81 million' Biden voters down throat of reporter who is worried about '74 million' Trump voters
Newsmax withdraws Sean Spicer's application to cover White House briefings
GOPer Boebert busted for claiming she 'didn't know' extremists she posed for pictures with
Lockdown-defying pastor rages after judge refuses to dismiss criminal charges: ‘Get ready for the judgment of God!’
Trump DOD slapped new restrictions on DC National Guard commander ahead of MAGA riots
Virginia cops who posed for selfies after breaking into Capitol get fired
Josh Hawley busted for lying that he was never really trying to overturn the election
'Pro-insurrection' Marco Rubio goes down in flames for calling impeachment a 'waste of time'
Expert explains why it’s so hard to ‘deprogram’ Trump-loving conspiracy theorists
Nikki Haley blasted as 'terrorist sympathizer' after claiming there's 'no basis' for Trump impeachment
There are witnesses who can testify that Trump enjoyed watching MAGA riots
Trump-loving white supremacists stormed the Capitol after he bolstered their movement: Stormfront founder’s son
Google: No more donations for GOP lawmakers who voted against Biden certification
Mental health experts say there's only one way for America to heal: Trump must face real punishment
'Republicans are eating their own': Morning Joe says GOP legitimizing conspiracies by purging non-believers
Morning Joe drops the hammer on 'stupid as hell' Josh Hawley for whining about being silenced
QAnon mayor turning small town into mecca for kooks by purging critics from government
Trump-loving priest ousted after performing exorcisms aimed at overturning election results
'We can all sleep better': Critics celebrate permanent Twitter ban of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell
Feds allege cover-up by Capitol rioter -- who was released to commit more crimes
'The definition of disgraced': Historian seals Trump's fate as impeachment article presented
Biden's hope for unity will not 'turn off the spigot of reactionary rage' dividing America: report
Clock is ticking for Manhattan DA to indict Trump before his term ends: report
Pence aide reveals she was ordered to spy on Dr. Birx
Fox host defends QAnon as network continues to support lying -- even after Capitol insurrection
Goya Foods revokes pro-Trump CEO's media privileges after he spreads election conspiracy theories: report
Capitol insurrectionist apologizes to @AOC saying he was just ‘following the instructions of’ Trump

Capitol insurrectionist Garret Miller apologized to Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Monday after he threatened to "Assassinate AOC," CNBC reported.
Following the attack on the Capitol, Miller said that he planned to "hug his neck with a nice rope."
Appearing in court, a federal judge in Dallas ordered Miller to continue to be detained without bail while awaiting his trial. The judge found that Miller is both a danger to the community and a possible flight risk, said the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Texas.
"I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him," Miller said in a statement released from his attorney.
"Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Donald Trump is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead," he said. "While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate. They were made at a time when Donald Trump had me believing that an American election was stolen," he said.
The statement continued: "I want to publicly apologize to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and the Capitol police officers. I have always supported law enforcement and I am ashamed by my comments."
After Trump told the group to go home, Miller said he got in his car and drove back to Texas.
During the attack on the Capitol, rioters were chanting "hang Mike Pence" and calling out for Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Ocasio-Cortez said that she was afraid for her life during the attack and she and other members of Congress were "nearly assassinated."
"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," the congresswoman said in an Instagram Live video.

I'm trying to find a single non political thought in this entire post.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
January 26th, 2021 at 6:19:50 PM permalink
You either bet on the election, or you bet on insurrection.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
January 26th, 2021 at 6:29:52 PM permalink
ok, I'll bite. What is the significance of November 3, 2023?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 26th, 2021 at 6:40:26 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Marjorie Taylor Greene voiced support for executing Democrats before she went to Congress...

Political statement. Per the Martingale policy -- two weeks.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 26th, 2021 at 6:45:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Political statement. Per the Martingale policy -- two weeks.

I believe that was a quote and not Chumpchange saying it. Definitely still political.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 26th, 2021 at 7:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

ok, I'll bite. What is the significance of November 3, 2023?

Election day? Off by a year?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 26th, 2021 at 7:53:14 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I believe that was a quote and not Chumpchange saying it. Definitely still political.

I know. Still political.
  • Jump to: