Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 26
May 7th, 2021 at 6:51:09 AM permalink
Trading: AMZN 3295 to 3303. System was very sluggish wouldn't let me back in to sell! had to try repeatedly.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
May 7th, 2021 at 7:30:41 AM permalink
I did a COIN trade yesterday. Made 3.75 x 40 shares for clicking a few buttons! $150. Overall nearing all time highs for many holdings. Still need TSLA to break 700. And TRIP 49.

Interesting thing happened. I had sell order for my 100 TRIP at $49.10. It was trading around $46. I get a notice of a Ďpartial fillí that I sold 10 shares at $49.10. If you follow the prices it never was close to $49.10. This was premarket 15 minutes before the open. I could have easily rebought at the open for $46 had I wanted to.

Iíve been thinking..... should I put a bunch of unreasonable sell orders in just in case something like this will happen again?
MDawg
MDawg
May 7th, 2021 at 7:37:27 AM permalink
It must have hit. I get partial fills all the time in that I trade larger blocks.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 7th, 2021 at 7:40:34 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

At least 2/3 of your puts should remain in the money throughout today though, even if TSLA starts to rally heavily. I would have sold them yesterday. With the time decay reduction in value you'd have needed a big drop today to make them more valuable than they were yesterday.

Over all, the tech market has taken a beating this week and is due to recover, if not today, soon.

TLSA already took out your one 677 option, and the second one at 680 is on the verge of being taken out. If this keeps up, between loss of premium on those two, you'll be lucky to break even over all.

My advice on options is not to go for the home run. MOST options hit a sweet spot of highest valuation at some point BEFORE expiration day. Yes, sometimes you do get that home run, but...most options expire worthless.

Anyway, the day is young. TSLA could fade between now and the bell. Or it could rally further. Good luck, OneNickel. Obviously SooPoo and I are rooting for TSLA back to 700.
MDawg
MDawg
onenickelmiracle
May 7th, 2021 at 7:48:00 AM permalink
Of all the thousands and thousands of trades I have done in the past years (tens of thousands), pretty much the only ones I have lost on, are shorts. And even there if I had held until later that day or the next day, I would have made money. But that sort of track record should tell you something about this market. BULLY!

Don't short. Don't mess with puts. People who get caught up with that sort of thing are just trying to make up for arriving to the party late.

Yes, there are time periods when a person might wish he were on the short side, but such periods are fleeting for the quality stocks that I own long term, and additionally trade.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 7th, 2021 at 5:41:52 PM permalink

If people start dumping puts or covering shorts on TSLA at the open, that will drive the price higher. At least 2/3 of your puts should remain in the money throughout today though, even if TSLA starts to rally heavily. I would have sold them yesterday. With the time decay reduction in value you'd have needed a big drop today to make them more valuable than they were yesterday.

Over all, the tech market has taken a beating this week and is due to recover, if not today, soon.

I just didn't know how far they would drop, the point is to be bottomless essentially, at some point I believed TSLA would have another correction. Selling at least some yesterday would have been great. I held on until Robinhood forced the sale and the gain was negligible. The problem is, I think they should go down a lot, but I don't know when. I also think they'll bounce a lot, so even call options would be ok sometimes in a much lesser proportion to the puts. Selling them yesterday, and buying more to expire next week, etc., in timed intervals is what I should have done. They're quite pricey, I'm back in at $670 for 5/14 and 5/21. That's probably going to be it. If the SPY would have gone down, I would have made a killing but I didn't because it didn't. I'm less like the play now because I took the risk for almost nothing. Havinin my small accoung extra ammo in my account would have made me more willing to take a bigger risk. I'm thinking about depositing more money but I probably shouldn't. I'm not selling other things just to make a move when I feel they're good positions to have. Definitely have learned to make incremental plays though, will have to start selling some of the gold calls and buying back if they drop. 3 days this week they jump hard and retreat.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 7th, 2021 at 5:49:15 PM permalink
The only bounce last week was because of a twitter account 4/30 making everyone think they were going to sell more than they had said, but it was not valid as far as I know. The SPY carried it IMO. Maybe a long time from now it will get to $700 again, but not for a few years if I'm right. SNL appearance might do it, I hope it's hilarious no matter what. I like Elon Musk, he is trying to do good things.
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
May 8th, 2021 at 9:02:12 AM permalink
TSLA options especially have such a high premium that you really need to wind up pretty far into the money to make something solid.

Anyway, at least onenickel ended up more or less even and did not lose anything.

My experience with options is to buy calls, close to the money, on a solid dip, about two weeks out. Those options are expensive, but they have a higher probability of success than the "cheapies" (options far out of the money).

But in general, I don't do options at all. I prefer the actual stock. If things turn against me, I just ride it out.

As far as TSLA not getting back over 700 for years, people toss that sort of arbitrary talk out there all the time for stocks like AMZN and TSLA.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 8th, 2021 at 10:27:44 AM permalink

As far as TSLA not getting back over 700 for years, people toss that sort of arbitrary talk out there all the time for stocks like AMZN and TSLA.

Right. This would qualify as prediction and not reaction. Predictions are not supposed to be what you're supposed to do. The government could spend 100 trillion Sunday night and even though, it's fiscally terrible, stocks would go up wildly. The broader market brings up individual stocks, so it will take some kind of really bad news to allow an overvalued stock to correct beyond some really terrible individual news. When the S&P goes down, I notice TSLA goes down pretty bad, and those were the days to make money. I really do not like how there are so many index funds buying crap companies blindly like Burrie has pointed out. Most analysts are saying Tesla is worth about $300ish, I'm surprised you're such a bull on it unless it's just something you can't sell because you're NEED it to recover. This India stuff is really starting to make me double think having anything long at all which everything is for me.
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
onenickelmiracle
May 8th, 2021 at 10:30:26 AM permalink
On my long term TSLA, my adjusted basis is low two digits. I have no incentive to sell, having held this long. And that's just going back a few years or so...if I had bot from the beginning I suppose my adjusted basis would be single digits.

• Jump to: