Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2714
May 6th, 2021 at 6:42:26 AM permalink
AMZN 3255 to 3260. It went a tad lower but there was no way I was going to allow the booking of less than a K on that trade.

Turns out that reason AMZN tanked Mon/Tu, or the primary reason, was that Bezos was dumping shares, which - he does every year anyway, but he dumped a lot this week.
Bezos sells nearly $2 billion worth of Amazon shares

Meantime, BTC has recovered, but COIN has not. I have not averaged in any more shares.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
May 6th, 2021 at 9:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

AMZN 3255 to 3260. It went a tad lower but there was no way I was going to allow the booking of less than a K on that trade.

Turns out that reason AMZN tanked Mon/Tu, or the primary reason, was that Bezos was dumping shares, which - he does every year anyway, but he dumped a lot this week.
Bezos sells nearly $2 billion worth of Amazon shares

Meantime, BTC has recovered, but COIN has not. I have not averaged in any more shares.

I'm waiting on the COIN if I ever do decide it's something worth speculating on any more than I have already. I'm locked in TSLA puts doing well depending what minute it is. At least got more on an uptick. Guess you're looking at it as an opportunity to buy more and get it back in months, years or decades.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2714
May 6th, 2021 at 10:55:08 AM permalink
Most options expire worthless - you know that, right? And for YEARS now puts / shorting have worked only short term given the massive bull run in the stock market as a whole.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
May 6th, 2021 at 11:15:33 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Most options expire worthless - you know that, right? And for YEARS now puts / shorting have worked only short term given the massive bull run in the stock market as a whole.

I think the time is now. Let's see what happens, that was then. There have been some big puts thrown out. Maybe Ark is the one to hit. I bought more on TSLA at the open, glad I did. I really want to say it's popping, but SNL worries me, he is like a pied piper. I only have 5 puts, but they'll all be in the money tomorrow and all my gold calls are popping. If you want to try a call, do WFC(maybe).
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2671
May 6th, 2021 at 11:19:16 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I think the time is now. Let's see what happens, that was then. There have been some big puts thrown out. Maybe Ark is the one to hit. I bought more on TSLA at the open, glad I did. I really want to say it's popping, but SNL worries me, he is like a pied piper. I only have 5 puts, but they'll all be in the money tomorrow and all my gold calls are popping. If you want to try a call, do WFC(maybe).



All your Tesla puts expire 5/7? What price?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
May 6th, 2021 at 11:21:55 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

All your Tesla puts expire 5/7? What price?

$677, $680, $687.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oversold-ark-innovation-etf-due-for-bounce-but-trouble-may-loom-for-market-if-it-doesnt-chart-watcher-says-11620235060?siteid=yhoof2&mod=mw_RHF
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on May 6, 2021
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2714
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 7th, 2021 at 5:56:53 AM permalink
Even though job numbers missed, AMZN (especially) and TSLA as well are green in the pre.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
May 7th, 2021 at 6:04:47 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Even though job numbers missed, AMZN (especially) and TSLA as well are green in the pre.

Funny how that changes so much from minute to minute. Lately good is bad and bad is bad.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2714
May 7th, 2021 at 6:22:46 AM permalink
If people start dumping puts or covering shorts on TSLA at the open, that will drive the price higher. At least 2/3 of your puts should remain in the money throughout today though, even if TSLA starts to rally heavily. I would have sold them yesterday. With the time decay reduction in value you'd have needed a big drop today to make them more valuable than they were yesterday.

Over all, the tech market has taken a beating this week and is due to recover, if not today, soon.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2714
May 7th, 2021 at 6:28:54 AM permalink
The pre-market is fading right now though, in the few minutes before the bell....

AMZN was actually up +50 ! now under +20.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

  • Jump to: