Thread Rating:

Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 4
April 4th, 2021 at 7:28:11 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Markets closed / Good Friday.
Futures open and green across the board.

BTC trading is never closed. Pushing 60K again!

You're the type that could make a lot trading options, MD. Do you use them?
Only gamble 'a little' for fun, or, if 'you know' you can win.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 23
April 4th, 2021 at 7:37:24 AM permalink
Thanks.

I have in the distant past, but the main reason I don't trade options any longer is that with the actual stock TIME is on my side...if I get stuck in a trade I may ride it out until it comes back. The other reason is that I have enough in my accounts to be able to buy enough stock to make the trades worthwhile, so I don't really need to do options.

But, yes, I agree - in principle I could make a ton on most of my trades using options. On some though, the ones where I got stuck and had to wait, for those trades the corresponding options would go down a lot or expire worthless.

I do actually trade FUTURES occasionally. Mostly DOW futures. I've done fine at it but usually pull the trigger too soon and make just a little.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
April 5th, 2021 at 4:08:41 AM permalink
TSLA up pushing fifty points my brother! I am sure you still have your long terms, as do I. Looking forward to that getting back over 900 someday.

Tesla Surges After Record First-Quarter Deliveries, Wedbush Upgrade

Futures are green too, although AMZN is red. That one might be the one to trade today for me, if I do any trading.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
April 5th, 2021 at 5:34:57 AM permalink

TSLA up pushing fifty points my brother! I am sure you still have your long terms, as do I. Looking forward to that getting back over 900 someday.

Tesla Surges After Record First-Quarter Deliveries, Wedbush Upgrade

Futures are green too, although AMZN is red. That one might be the one to trade today for me, if I do any trading.

90 Ďlong termí shares. So thatís up around $4k now. I may join you in an AMZN buy this morning. Iíll be golfing 11-3:30 or so so will miss most of the market day. I did lose $2 golfing yesterday but hope to make it up today as well.
MDawg
MDawg
April 5th, 2021 at 5:41:50 AM permalink
Oh I think we may manage to book at least a two dollar win. If we trade at all that is. AMZN is now green +16 so I already missed the chance to buy it in the red in the pre-.

TSLA will undoubtedly dip at some point from its highs for today, and if it does enough, I'll bite.
MDawg
MDawg
April 5th, 2021 at 9:53:29 AM permalink
I did two trades in the first fifteen minutes or so after the bell. AMZN 3163 to 3173 (nice trade! but wish I had held that one), and TSLA 697 to 699.5 Booked $1250. total.

I have an order in now to buy TSLA at 685, but might cancel it out as I need to get to the gym and get started with the Vegas related day.
MDawg
MDawg
April 7th, 2021 at 8:05:45 AM permalink
Tried to get TSLA at 681, never went quite that low. Probably not trading today.

AMZN and CMG up nicely! so my long terms are happy.
MDawg
MDawg
April 7th, 2021 at 10:42:39 AM permalink
Did do one trade so far. TSLA 677 to 679, just filled.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 7th, 2021 at 1:14:46 PM permalink

Did do one trade so far. TSLA 677 to 679, just filled.

. I am glad you are not too distracted from the challenge to keep trading! I didnít even try and trade today.... bought more BETZ for long term. My stuff was down more than the S and P, Nasdaq, or Dow today..... so a bad day .....but a good day on golf course....!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
April 8th, 2021 at 6:02:52 AM permalink
Any action today MDawg? Iím not feeling any trades. Looks like 1/4% green in pre market. So hopefully will ride the wave.

• Jump to: