Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 23rd, 2021 at 10:11:58 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Blue chip sure. Penny stocks, no.

Sounds like you do sell at some point. Why? This seems contradictory to me given your seeming kinship with DarkO's holding CYDY long term. My very long terms I do not sell at all, but again, these are top stocks that have made it out of the park for me with home runs. I'd never bother with any penny stock to begin with if I had a long term disposition. Penny stocks are OTC, or worse, OTC pink.

Why sell at all? When do you decide to sell? And if you do sell, then why would you think it okay to hold a risky penny stock that has three or four times dropped back to a loss when it was once at a profit.

I bought $1000 worth of CYDY as a lark since Darkoz has it. If it goes to $0 so be it. That is the only penny stock that I have. After three years I will take a look at it and decide what to do. It is a small part of my Etrade portfolio, to me the $1000 is a gamble that I will probably lose but might get lucky.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 110
February 23rd, 2021 at 2:10:47 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I bought $1000 worth of CYDY as a lark since Darkoz has it. If it goes to $0 so be it. That is the only penny stock that I have. After three years I will take a look at it and decide what to do. It is a small part of my Etrade portfolio, to me the $1000 is a gamble that I will probably lose but might get lucky.

There is an entire thread about it, but bought a penny stock, GLXZ, and itís up around 12x since I bought it. Not a fortune, but Iíve sold some when it first hit 10x and made real money.

Another one, CBISó- Bankrupt
NTEK. Bankrupt.

Itís been a while, but Iíve bought other bottom feeders that have Ďsomethingí of value. And they end up being bought by a Ďgoodí company and I made nice profits. Iím sure there are some (not me) who make boatloads targeting some penny stocks.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 23rd, 2021 at 5:55:36 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

There is an entire thread about it, but bought a penny stock, GLXZ, and itís up around 12x since I bought it. Not a fortune, but Iíve sold some when it first hit 10x and made real money.

Another one, CBISó- Bankrupt
NTEK. Bankrupt.

Itís been a while, but Iíve bought other bottom feeders that have Ďsomethingí of value. And they end up being bought by a Ďgoodí company and I made nice profits. Iím sure there are some (not me) who make boatloads targeting some penny stocks.

I bought CYDY about a year ago at around $3. If it is at $4 after 3 years I consider it a win To me 10% a year is a success.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 251
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:59:05 PM permalink
If MDawg really thought it was a no-brainer that Cytodyn would fail, he would short the stock.

MDawg would bet against me on the stock

But I think he is too afraid to do that. Scared money!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 18
February 24th, 2021 at 1:32:30 PM permalink
TSLA made a good comeback today. Closing at around 742.

SooPoo you mentioned GME - are you still holding? Just doubled to 91, and it's running 118 in the A.H.! on news that its CFO just resigned. Oh well, as good a reason as any to buy buy buy for these RobinHood kids. 😅
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 24th, 2021 at 1:38:11 PM permalink

TSLA made a good comeback today. Closing at around 742.

SooPoo you mentioned GME - are you still holding? Just doubled to 91, and it's running 118 in the A.H.! on news that its CFO just resigned. Oh well, as good a reason as any to buy buy buy for these RobinHood kids. 😅

Since you asked.... Iím just starting to Ďtradeí. I made $33.50 on my big trade. Had I waited another hour or two would have been $700. Iím trying to get the hang of this. Iím still not 100% sure I will succeed. It sort of feels like a martingale.
MDawg
MDawg
February 24th, 2021 at 2:11:54 PM permalink
See the thing with a stock like GME (or any of these volatile stocks, which may certainly include AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL, etc. at times), is that you might enter and be lucky enough for it to go straight up. But often as not, your position becomes a loser for a bit, THEN goes up, and it's hard to keep your nerve and not sell too early. But as long as you book a profit every time you can't go wrong. It might take a while before you get good enough at trading to book a profit consistently though....
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 251
February 24th, 2021 at 3:54:11 PM permalink

See the thing with a stock like GME (or any of these volatile stocks, which may certainly include AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL, etc. at times), is that you might enter and be lucky enough for it to go straight up. But often as not, your position becomes a loser for a bit, THEN goes up, and it's hard to keep your nerve and not sell too early. But as long as you book a profit every time you can't go wrong. It might take a while before you get good enough at trading to book a profit consistently though....

Song:

Oh where oh where has my MDawgie gone
Where oh where can he be?

When Cytodyn goes down he laughs with glee

But when Cytodyn goes up 16% my MDawgie disappears
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 24th, 2021 at 5:37:53 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Song:

Oh where oh where has my MDawgie gone
Where oh where can he be?

When Cytodyn goes down he laughs with glee

But when Cytodyn goes up 16% my MDawgie disappears

. No one here thinks you have Ďno chanceí of success. I am rooting hard for you. But MDawg is describing a trading concept, totally different from picking ONE stock you think will do well. The variance you have is huge. You may go pffft. You may have a 10 bagger. If somehow you think you will be able to pick overlooked stocks by some way... research... let us know!
If I hadnít known someone who was peripherally involved in the trial, I would have bought some CYDY when you did. Congrats on the 16% today!
MDawg
MDawg
Thanks for this post from:
FTB
February 24th, 2021 at 7:59:42 PM permalink
Quite a story
The Beach Bum Who Beat Wall Street and Made Millions on GameStop

But of course there is the flip side too.
GameStop Investors Who Bet Bigóand Lost Big

• Jump to: