rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
November 7th, 2019 at 8:20:49 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Kate Winslet is pretty. But also kind of plain, by movie star standards. Her character didn't really bring all that much to the table as I recall.

It seems to one of the formulas in movies. Nerds getting hot girls, and plain women landing the hottest guy. Occasionally they make the match about even.

Then sometimes they have the morality twist. The average girl or guy realizes his or her average best friend was the right one all along.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
November 7th, 2019 at 8:27:15 PM permalink
There's a factual reason why putting on glasses make people think you're smarter.

You can finally read the goddang text and learn something; it's not blurred anymore.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 32
November 7th, 2019 at 8:59:55 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Did Gone With the Wind get a re-release in the past few years?

No. Because of the times we live in it's unlikely that GWtW will ever be rereleased. Even the book is getting banned from libraries.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
November 7th, 2019 at 10:59:58 PM permalink
Iíve only seen 1 out of these 10 movies.

Not much of a movie person.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 60
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
November 8th, 2019 at 2:55:55 PM permalink
I liked Titanic but the movie is divided in half. The first disc is for the girls with all the romance and whatnot. The second disc, which involves the ship sinking, is for the guys.

For the record, Rose was slumming and would never have left high society. She was also a selfish thing by a) feigning death and forcing her mother into poverty and b) ditching the diamond instead of giving it to the granddaughter who takes care of her.
The best things in life are not free.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 60
November 8th, 2019 at 2:55:55 PM permalink
I liked Titanic but the movie is divided in half. The first disc is for the girls with all the romance and whatnot. The second disc, which involves the ship sinking, is for the guys.

For the record, Rose was slumming and would never have left high society. She was also a selfish thing by a) feigning death and forcing her mother into poverty and b) ditching the diamond instead of giving it to the granddaughter who takes care of her.
The best things in life are not free.

• Jump to: