Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
Thanked by
RS
August 10th, 2019 at 6:30:11 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

lol
So answer my question: Why do you support law enforcement personnel that shoots at innocent people??

It was an accidental discharge from a rifle while trying to give the kid his shoes. Obviously a tragic accident. But, you are twisting it to sound like the Officer walked in and shot the kid in the knee.

As mentioned in other threads law enforcement shooting people (justified or otherwise), is less than 1%, even less than mass shootings, statistically insignificant. People find tragic stories (which often tend to end up being justified after body cam footage is released) and drum them up.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 10th, 2019 at 8:49:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: SanchoPanza

"(CNN)During the weekend in Chicago, 66 people were shot, 12 of them fatally, between Friday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 11:59 p.m." cnn

" Chicago was responsible for nearly half of 2016's increase in homicides in the US."

"This murder rate of 15.65 per 100,000 population is still above the U.S. average."

"The neighborhoods of Englewood on the South Side, and Austin on the West side, for example, have homicide rates that are ten times higher than other parts of the city.[25]"

Facts are still facts. I'm not sure what 66 people being shot has to do with anything. It seems to point out the obvious. Forty people weren't killed in any weekend.

The facts are that you said 40 people had never been shot over a weekend in Chicago: "40 dead in a weekend would be a story. I guess NYC might have come close a few times in the Dinkins era, but Chicago hasn't." Chicago did not only "come close," it also surpassed your benchmark 40 by more than 50 percent. But you keep trimming the dumb line out of your useless responses.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 11th, 2019 at 4:20:03 AM permalink

Quote: billryan

Facts are still facts. I'm not sure what 66 people being shot has to do with anything. It seems to point out the obvious. Forty people weren't killed in any weekend.

The facts are that you said 40 people had never been shot over a weekend in Chicago: "40 dead in a weekend would be a story. I guess NYC might have come close a few times in the Dinkins era, but Chicago hasn't."

Once again, Sancho to the rescue with his alternative facts.

40 people shot does not equal 40 dead. billryan never said “40 people have never been shot over a weekend in Chicago” as your post claims he did. That is a lie. You even included his quote which clearly says “40 dead” (not “40 shot.”)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
August 11th, 2019 at 4:40:57 AM permalink
Funny how my post started this silly back and forth. I used 40 and 8 as EXAMPLES to show how a larger city would have more even though the smaller city had a higher frequency even though it had fewer. I didn't even mention a name for the smaller city!

But I will agree with ams and Billy on the fact that 66 were shot, not killed. I find that number to be shockingly high on its own. And even moreso since the majority of the shootings are in a few neighborhoods.

A few years back I remember reading that there a few police precincts in Buffalo that average more murders than a dozen or so states, even though the precincts are geographically just a few square miles. That if you avoid these specific areas "Buffalo" is a very safe city, but if included Buffalo becomes one of the least safe cities.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 11th, 2019 at 1:33:29 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I'd like to know why Chicago is always cited from conservatives when talking about murders when there are several other cities that have higher murder rates. Just curious.

Have you ever spent a week in Cabrini-Greens?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
August 12th, 2019 at 2:04:21 AM permalink

"(CNN)During the weekend in Chicago, 66 people were shot, 12 of them fatally, between Friday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 11:59 p.m." cnn

Things are improving in that democrat s@#t hole Chicago. Only 4 shot and killed, and 40 more shot this past weekend. Population Control

Listen to the Anthony Guglielmi audio.

Vegas and Macau should start taking bets on these fatal/non-fatal numbers, city by city. Like pro football.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
August 13th, 2019 at 7:43:14 AM permalink
Per the new rule, this thread is closed.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: