Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 4th, 2019 at 2:12:43 AM permalink
at least 9
just happened
gun owners in the open carry state didn't stop it...............................................

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-shooting.html

Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
BozMission146
August 4th, 2019 at 4:48:14 AM permalink
Three mass shootings in a week.
Lots of thoughts and prayers distributed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 4th, 2019 at 5:03:26 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

at least 9
just happened
gun owners in the open carry state didn't stop it...............................................

Cops didn't stop it from happening.

Do you have a point here? Or are you just trying to score cheap political points off a tragedy? Sad if you are.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 4th, 2019 at 5:34:44 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Do you have a point here? Or are you just trying to score cheap political points off a tragedy? Sad if you are.

Cause you righties never do that when the shooter is a brown person!

/sarcasm

😂
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
August 4th, 2019 at 6:30:21 AM permalink

I believe there are MANY reasons our country is becoming so violent. Not enough room to list them all, but you can throw in rap music, the ACLU, breakup of the family, etc., etc. I'm thinking that even though we have a right to be armed and in some places carry in the open, still the average person is not going to walk around strapped and there is never going to be a time when there is a policeman on every corner. Well, let's hope not anyway. But I'm thinking there may be a day when our society has disintegrated so much in loss of morality that average people may need to be armed to the teeth to have any sense of security.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
bobbartopBoz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:38:27 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I believe there are MANY reasons our country is becoming so violent. Not enough room to list them all, but you can throw in rap music, the ACLU, breakup of the family, etc., etc. I'm thinking that even though we have a right to be armed and in some places carry in the open, still the average person is not going to walk around strapped and there is never going to be a time when there is a policeman on every corner. Well, let's hope not anyway. But I'm thinking there may be a day when our society has disintegrated so much in loss of morality that average people may need to be armed to the teeth to have any sense of security.

I keep mentioning a collapsing society and keep getting mocked. But you have the political left keeps trying to divide everyone in as many ways possible. If you stand up for any kind of morals or standards you get attacked. Told you cannot "judge people." You once had behaviors that were right and wrong. Starting in the mid-1980s, you were mocked for calling out bad behavior. So people stopped calling it out. Eventually you get what we have now.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 4th, 2019 at 6:40:46 AM permalink
I’m patiently waiting for Face’s take on this.

He has suggested in a way more of this is coming.

Obviously without an personal knowledge of it, just a sense of what he sees out there.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
mcallister3200SOOPOO
August 4th, 2019 at 6:43:00 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Three mass shootings in a week.
Lots of thoughts and prayers distributed.

Also going to be a great week for Gun Shops, Ammo makers and Gun makers.

Thank you Dem candidates for pushing for more gun control as the 2nd thing out of your mouth. Maybe the 3rd in Mayor Pete’s and Kamala’s case.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 4th, 2019 at 6:45:49 AM permalink

At this point, this is political. Because gun violence is a political issue.
A falling knife has no handle.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
Boz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:46:08 AM permalink

I keep mentioning a collapsing society and keep getting mocked. But you have the political left keeps trying to divide everyone in as many ways possible. If you stand up for any kind of morals or standards you get attacked. Told you cannot "judge people." You once had behaviors that were right and wrong. Starting in the mid-1980s, you were mocked for calling out bad behavior. So people stopped calling it out. Eventually you get what we have now.

Well you won't get mocked by me, my friend, because you are 100% right. Right and wrong are absolute values, they never change. And this is how they will destroy our great country. They don't need to shoot missiles at us, all they need is two or three generations of Americans to forget what right and wrong means. Situation ethics.

By the way, you must be younger than me, because I saw this starting in the 60s, not the 80s.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 6:50:57 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Also going to be a great week for Gun Shops, Ammo makers and Gun makers.

Thank you Dem candidates for pushing for more gun control as the 2nd thing out of your mouth. Maybe the 3rd in Mayor Pete’s and Kamala’s case.

Here in California a new law just went into effect. Background checks, waiting periods, TO BUY BULLETS. omg Before it went into effect, gun shops were inundated with people buying ammo.
Boz
Boz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:52:11 AM permalink
https://www.yelp.com/biz/ned-peppers-bar-dayton

Seemed like a nice place, mostly 1 Star reviews. First Yelp picture is a guy in a Horse Head F'ing a girl on the dance floor.

The motive for this one may take a little longer, still a tragedy.

Thoughts & Prayers to everyone in Dayton!
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 6:58:57 AM permalink

The commies, globalists, whatever you want to call them, have three main goals.

1. Abolish national sovereignties

2. Abolish religion

3. Abolish belief in traditional values.

That's the game plan. They used to desire "gradualism" as a means, but even that seems to be in the process of being scrapped. They're turning the heat up, fast.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 4th, 2019 at 7:11:00 AM permalink

Well you won't get mocked by me, my friend, because you are 100% right. Right and wrong are absolute values, they never change. And this is how they will destroy our great country. They don't need to shoot missiles at us, all they need is two or three generations of Americans to forget what right and wrong means. Situation ethics.

By the way, you must be younger than me, because I saw this starting in the 60s, not the 80s.

Yes, you are older than me. I look back and see 1964 as the start of the decline. Then 1983-84 things shifted to the PC culture.

I am resigned to just enjoying watching the decline. I do not see a united USA lasting beyond the 2040s or so.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Forager
August 4th, 2019 at 7:22:23 AM permalink
Can someone PM or text me when the top 10 has at least 3 gambling topics and less than 2 political topics so I can come back.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 4th, 2019 at 7:43:40 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Can someone PM or text me when the top 10 has at least 3 gambling topics and less than 2 political topics so I can come back.

Will do, along with when Meadows has a deposit bonus.
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
August 4th, 2019 at 7:53:17 AM permalink

The commies, globalists, whatever you want to call them, have three main goals.

1. Abolish national sovereignties
2. Abolish religion
3. Abolish belief in traditional values

What are you talking about?
Today, globalism is an agenda put forward by big capital and big multinationals, against the power of national states.

The left, including your beloved ‘’commies’’, is strongly against it.
They are for internationalism. So much for your claim they want to abolish national sovereignties.

Right and wrong are absolute values, they never change.

Sure enough. Slavery, homosexuality, racism... Never changed!

The Bible says, if your brother dies, it is wrong not to screw his wife to engender more kids for him! Right and Wrong! Absolute values. Never change.

Please raise the level. It is becoming too easy to poke laughs at you. Almost not fun anymore...
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 4th, 2019 at 10:47:01 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

No! Block this thread! Block ANY thread you don't like! Then ALL of the top 10 threads turn into gambling threads!

I am a magician, aren't I?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 4th, 2019 at 12:11:07 PM permalink
Is there any news on the shooter or his motive? I cannot find anything from reputable sources?
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 4th, 2019 at 12:30:52 PM permalink
Quote: kubikulann

What are you talking about?
Today, globalism is an agenda put forward by big capital and big multinationals, against the power of national states.

The left, including your beloved ‘’commies’’, is strongly against it.
They are for internationalism. So much for your claim they want to abolish national sovereignties.

"Internationalism", abolishing individual countries, it's the same thing, world government. What is problem?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 5th, 2019 at 4:45:25 PM permalink
I personally think the mass shooters do it because they don't really know whom to blame, or whom to blame is too well guarded. If someone shot a whole bunch of lobbyists, people would secretly be happy beside for the families.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2019 at 7:20:59 PM permalink
Quote:

... responses to the tragedies in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, as well as comments from other lawmakers and public figures who blamed the shootings, and others before them, on mental illness. But as death tolls climb, doctors across specialties are growing increasingly frustrated by that framing, and arguing for a stronger focus on gun control over mental health.

“It’s really just scapegoating people with mental health issues,” says Dr. Seth Trueger, an assistant professor of emergency medicine at Northwestern University. And while rates of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety and suicidal behavior are on the rise in the U.S., Trueger says other nations have similar problems and experience far fewer mass shootings. “Other countries have the same kind of mental health issues we have, the same kind of violent video games we have, the same religiosity that we have. All that stuff is just a distraction” from the need for better gun control, he says.

That position is hardly new. Studies show that a relatively small percentage of violent crimes are perpetuated by people with diagnosed mental health issues, and that gun access—not mental health symptoms—is the primary predictor of firearm violence. As a result, an increasingly large and vocal cadre of doctors has been arguing for years that gun violence is more an issue of access and regulation than it is mental health.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/mentalhealth/politicians-keep-blaming-mass-shootings-on-mental-health-issues-doctors-say-theyre-wrong/ar-AAFnp8a?ocid=spartanntp
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
August 6th, 2019 at 6:32:24 AM permalink
In a gun free state, only 1% actually carry concealed.

During the old west, if the local sheriff said we need to keep the town gun free to pretect you.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 6th, 2019 at 11:36:53 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I personally think the mass shooters do it because they don't really know whom to blame, or whom to blame is too well guarded. If someone shot a whole bunch of lobbyists, people would secretly be happy beside for the families.

Listen, jerk.... (I'll take suspension if a mod wants to give me one...). I am a 'lobbyist". (sort of.... I don't get paid so I don't technically count as one, but I appear to be one...) What that means is I see potential laws that I oppose, and go to my elected representatives and try and convince them to oppose those bills. Or bills I'm in favor of and do the opposite. How do I do that? By EDUCATING them on the pertinent issues that I am an expert on, and they can have only minimal knowledge of. Because I have a job and am not able to be in Albany or Washington on a daily basis, we have lobbyists, who I have given the necessary information, and sometimes they meet with our elected officials. These lobbyists are regular people, hired to do a job, just like you are probably hired to do a job. To in any way imply that they are not good, hard working people is just plain wrong. I can guarantee you that pro abortion people pay lobbyists, pro affirmative action groups use lobbyists, pro universal basic income people use lobbyists, etc....

I think what you really are mad at is the thought that some group says to a representative..... "I'll pay you a million dollars if you vote to let us dump toxic waste into a river".
If that is what you are really worried about, then it is your elected representative that you should be upset with.

You all would be surprised at how LOW a lobbying budget most groups have. I'm on the Board of my state society, so I probably shouldn't put out a number.....
rxwine
rxwine
August 6th, 2019 at 12:03:35 PM permalink
Just curious SOOPOO, did you ever lobby politicians to legislate medical decisions against the desire of a doctor and patient to do so for themselves?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
SOOPOO
August 6th, 2019 at 12:40:50 PM permalink
I was a registered ATC lobbyist from 1994-2006, through my union. I met with Senators, Congresspeople, and WH staff numerous times, always by invitation or by appointment, only on topics directly in my wheelhouse, and unpaid.

Every constituent has the right to do the same. (I wasn't always a constituent, which is why I represented the national union in some meetings.) Several of them allowed me to be an expert consultant beyond any particular issue or bill, and I was pleased.to be allowed to help make some decisions and write some legislation.

So, yeah there are lots of paid lobbyists out there advocating, but I'm pretty sure the majority are people with reasons to call on various officials and get heard, too.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 6th, 2019 at 1:15:55 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

deleted

Last edited by: petroglyph on Aug 6, 2019
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 6th, 2019 at 4:46:47 PM permalink
Dayton Mayor Encourages Trump Protests When Trump Pays His Respects To Shooting Victims

The left complains about "divisiveness" and then the mayor says kind of thing?

She is a piece of garbage. Same as the others using tragedy to attack a POTUS they do not like. Then the left calls for civility?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Forager
August 6th, 2019 at 7:00:54 PM permalink

Dayton Mayor Encourages Trump Protests When Trump Pays His Respects To Shooting Victims

The left complains about "divisiveness" and then the mayor says kind of thing?

Donald Trump is a white supremacist with blood on his hands. He should just stay in DC. Dayton and El Paso clearly want nothing to do with him.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 6th, 2019 at 7:54:27 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Donald Trump is a white supremacist with blood on his hands. He should just stay in DC. Dayton and El Paso clearly want nothing to do with him.

The 2016 Montgomery County, Ohio, Presidential Election Results would seem to disagree with your assertion.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2019 at 5:18:51 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The 2016 Montgomery County, Ohio, Presidential Election Results would seem to disagree with your assertion.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Lots of things change in three years.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2019 at 5:31:05 AM permalink

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Lots of things change in three years.

It has to do with the fact that saying the people of Dayton want nothing to do with him is too generalized a statement.

I agree that things change in three years, so I'm assuming that you can provide me with an independent poll that you have conducted, with a sample size yielding at least 90% certainty, that will reflect that nobody in Dayton wants anything to do with Trump.

The most recent significantly sized poll, conducted in an extremely accurate way, which is the Election itself, would show that at least some people in Dayton want to have something to do with Trump. More so than do Hillary Clinton.

The Democratic Mayor of Dayton may want nothing to do with him being there, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that she is a Democrat. Lots of people will travel, stay at hotels and eat at restaurants in the Dayton area to come see Trump. If the mayor is encouraging people to come and protest, those people will also spend money in Dayton and in the Dayton area. It'll be a nice day for the local economy.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 7th, 2019 at 5:48:15 AM permalink

I agree that things change in three years, so I'm assuming that you can provide me with an independent poll that you have conducted, with a sample size yielding at least 90% certainty, that will reflect that nobody in Dayton wants anything to do with Trump.

I have more chance of going away with Lori Grenier this weekend than he has of that!
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM permalink

The most recent significantly sized poll, conducted in an extremely accurate way, which is the Election itself, would show that at least some people in Dayton want to have something to do with Trump. More so than do Hillary Clinton.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but how did Dayton vote in 2018? That was the most recent election, not 2016. 2018 was a referendum on Donald in which he didn't fare so well.

I'm not sure why so many people pretend like 2018 didn't happen and it was some big fluke, whereas I'd say more evidence points to 2016 being the fluke.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 7th, 2019 at 8:57:37 AM permalink
I am from Ohio. I would say we need to kill another half million people there just to raise the national I.Q.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2019 at 9:07:55 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am from Ohio. I would say we need to kill another half million people there just to raise the national I.Q.

I grew up in Toledo (you know, the town Donald mistakenly said the massacre occurred in).

Couldn't get outta there quick enough.
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2019 at 9:08:01 AM permalink

I'm too lazy to look it up, but how did Dayton vote in 2018? That was the most recent election, not 2016. 2018 was a referendum on Donald in which he didn't fare so well.

I'm not sure why so many people pretend like 2018 didn't happen and it was some big fluke, whereas I'd say more evidence points to 2016 being the fluke.

The GOP Candidate for Governor won, and the GOP incumbent in the Tenth Congressional District, which includes Dayton, completely dominated:

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/ohio/

He won 55.9% of the popular vote for the district. This includes a 7 point win in Montgomery County, which includes Dayton.

While the GOP candidate for Senate lost to incumbent Sherrod Brown, state-wide, the GOP candidate collected over 43% of Montgomery County's votes.

Governor Mike DeWine also won Montgomery County by a small amount.

I couldn't find any results for Dayton specifically, even though I worked harder to do so than you did, but I should think that they voted more for Democrats than did the County as a whole. That's neither here nor there, the point is there's a big stretch between Democrats winning Dayton and saying, "Nobody wants Trump there."
ams288
ams288
August 7th, 2019 at 9:10:10 AM permalink

I couldn't find any results for Dayton specifically, even though I worked harder to do so than you did, but I should think that they voted more for Democrats than did the County as a whole.

Ya think?
Mission146
Mission146
August 7th, 2019 at 9:14:17 AM permalink

Ya think?

I do think. I also think that those who voted for Trump, and/or voted for other Republicans in 2018, should certainly be happy to see their President of the United States appear in town in the wake of this horrific incident.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 7th, 2019 at 9:41:03 AM permalink

I do think. I also think that those who voted for Trump, and/or voted for other Republicans in 2018, should certainly be happy to see their President of the United States appear in town in the wake of this horrific incident.

Some of us wish that he was there during the horrific incident.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 7th, 2019 at 9:57:40 AM permalink

He would be manly enough to stop it if he had the chance.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
ams288
August 7th, 2019 at 9:58:39 AM permalink

He would be manly enough to stop it if he had the chance.

lol, you're out of your damn mind
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
Forager
August 7th, 2019 at 10:00:00 AM permalink

That would have been a sight seeing the orange moron running scared and hiding
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2019 at 10:06:22 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Talk about being blinded by the cult of personality. AZ now believes Trump is Rambo
ROTFL
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 7th, 2019 at 10:10:55 AM permalink

Nah, your side is the ones out of their mind. Saying raising the flag back to full staff on 8/8 is neo-nazi. I swear half of the left is mentally ill.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 7th, 2019 at 10:13:54 AM permalink

Nah, your side is the ones out of their mind. Saying raising the flag back to full staff on 8/8 is neo-nazi. I swear half of the left is mentally ill.

He faked a disability to avoid serving and didn't have the balls to fire Omarosa. You think he's going to run into the line of fire?

lol, you crack me up, thanks for the laugh on hump day
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2019 at 10:30:16 AM permalink

He faked a disability to avoid serving and didn't have the balls to fire Omarosa. You think he's going to run into the line of fire?

lol, you crack me up, thanks for the laugh on hump day

You are arguing with a guy that truly thinks Trump is Rambo
lol
good luck
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 7th, 2019 at 10:32:56 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

You are arguing with a guy that truly thinks Trump is Rambo
lol
good luck

Not arguing, just...actually, s**t, I don't know what you call it. Good point.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2019 at 10:44:19 AM permalink

Not arguing, just...actually, s**t, I don't know what you call it. Good point.

We on the left here on this board are overall reasonable people. We don't hate chic-a-fil no matter what AZ says
If I was at the shooting or Trump was at the shooting. We would both have the same reaction as any normal human being. Run away scared.
AZ is not reasonable people. He truly thinks Trump would go into Rambo mode and take out the shooter.
You cant argue with crazy
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
August 7th, 2019 at 11:24:24 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

We on the left here on this board are overall reasonable people.

LOL

how about:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

or

"The check is in the mail."

or

"Of course I'll still respect you in the morning."
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
  • Jump to: