Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 154
August 4th, 2019 at 2:12:43 AM permalink
at least 9
just happened
gun owners in the open carry state didn't stop it...............................................

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-shooting.html

𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 168
Thanks for this post from:
BozMission146
August 4th, 2019 at 4:48:14 AM permalink
Three mass shootings in a week.
Lots of thoughts and prayers distributed.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
August 4th, 2019 at 5:03:26 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

at least 9
just happened
gun owners in the open carry state didn't stop it...............................................

Cops didn't stop it from happening.

Do you have a point here? Or are you just trying to score cheap political points off a tragedy? Sad if you are.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 21
August 4th, 2019 at 5:34:44 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Do you have a point here? Or are you just trying to score cheap political points off a tragedy? Sad if you are.

Cause you righties never do that when the shooter is a brown person!

/sarcasm

😂
Eater of Worlds
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
August 4th, 2019 at 6:30:21 AM permalink

I believe there are MANY reasons our country is becoming so violent. Not enough room to list them all, but you can throw in rap music, the ACLU, breakup of the family, etc., etc. I'm thinking that even though we have a right to be armed and in some places carry in the open, still the average person is not going to walk around strapped and there is never going to be a time when there is a policeman on every corner. Well, let's hope not anyway. But I'm thinking there may be a day when our society has disintegrated so much in loss of morality that average people may need to be armed to the teeth to have any sense of security.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
bobbartopBoz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:38:27 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I believe there are MANY reasons our country is becoming so violent. Not enough room to list them all, but you can throw in rap music, the ACLU, breakup of the family, etc., etc. I'm thinking that even though we have a right to be armed and in some places carry in the open, still the average person is not going to walk around strapped and there is never going to be a time when there is a policeman on every corner. Well, let's hope not anyway. But I'm thinking there may be a day when our society has disintegrated so much in loss of morality that average people may need to be armed to the teeth to have any sense of security.

I keep mentioning a collapsing society and keep getting mocked. But you have the political left keeps trying to divide everyone in as many ways possible. If you stand up for any kind of morals or standards you get attacked. Told you cannot "judge people." You once had behaviors that were right and wrong. Starting in the mid-1980s, you were mocked for calling out bad behavior. So people stopped calling it out. Eventually you get what we have now.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:40:46 AM permalink
Iím patiently waiting for Faceís take on this.

He has suggested in a way more of this is coming.

Obviously without an personal knowledge of it, just a sense of what he sees out there.
Boz
Boz
mcallister3200SOOPOO
August 4th, 2019 at 6:43:00 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Three mass shootings in a week.
Lots of thoughts and prayers distributed.

Also going to be a great week for Gun Shops, Ammo makers and Gun makers.

Thank you Dem candidates for pushing for more gun control as the 2nd thing out of your mouth. Maybe the 3rd in Mayor Peteís and Kamalaís case.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
August 4th, 2019 at 6:45:49 AM permalink

At this point, this is political. Because gun violence is a political issue.
NO KILL I
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
Boz
August 4th, 2019 at 6:46:08 AM permalink

I keep mentioning a collapsing society and keep getting mocked. But you have the political left keeps trying to divide everyone in as many ways possible. If you stand up for any kind of morals or standards you get attacked. Told you cannot "judge people." You once had behaviors that were right and wrong. Starting in the mid-1980s, you were mocked for calling out bad behavior. So people stopped calling it out. Eventually you get what we have now.

Well you won't get mocked by me, my friend, because you are 100% right. Right and wrong are absolute values, they never change. And this is how they will destroy our great country. They don't need to shoot missiles at us, all they need is two or three generations of Americans to forget what right and wrong means. Situation ethics.

By the way, you must be younger than me, because I saw this starting in the 60s, not the 80s.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

• Jump to: