Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
May 8th, 2019 at 4:19:03 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I can almost taste the heroin in this post =)

Assuming you have never been an H junkie, this is an insult to H junkies everywhere.

Smile or no smile, H is a plague upon this proud nation. Probably better comparisons.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 8th, 2019 at 4:27:04 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Assuming you have never been an H junkie, this is an insult to H junkies everywhere.

Smile or no smile, H is a plague upon this proud nation. Probably better comparisons.

The heroin was a reference to Mitch Hedberg, from whom dj's phrasing was inspired.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
Thanks for this post from:
MDawgSOOPOO
May 8th, 2019 at 4:34:33 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

The whole premise of driving an Uber is a losing proposition.

Maybe
but
Consider this scenario which is common
You have a regular job with say a 40 mile commute
You are looking for some extra income, Uber is perfect
Start an hour or 2 before you normally commute, only accept uber rides to a destination close to work or at least in the right direction. Can pick up another ride to get closer to work.
On the way home, turn on uber and only accept rides going close to home or in the direction home. May take a ride or 2 or 3
One of my uber drivers was doing exactly that

Its not a taxi, its a ride share, Hey, you going in my direction, let me share my ride :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
May 8th, 2019 at 4:42:31 PM permalink
Quote: Face

The heroin was a reference to Mitch Hedberg, from whom dj's phrasing was inspired.

Was thinking of Mitch Snyder, the F##### idiot who wasting his life fighting for the homeless.

Either way, suicide is for losers and idiots. They only hurt those they leave behind.

Assuming of course, anyone cares they are gone.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
May 8th, 2019 at 4:50:28 PM permalink

Was thinking of Mitch Snyder, the F##### idiot who wasting his life fighting for the homeless.

Either way, suicide is for losers and idiots. They only hurt those they leave behind.

Wow
Pretty cold heartless post
I deeply care that my Father is gone. His suicide devastated my family. He was no idiot. PHD from Yale. Depression can be a deadly mental illness. :-(
I suffer from depression. Does that make me an idiot and loser?
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 8th, 2019 at 5:00:49 PM permalink

Didn't you...

Weren't you just...

What?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 147
May 8th, 2019 at 5:26:57 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Maybe
but
Consider this scenario which is common
You have a regular job with say a 40 mile commute
You are looking for some extra income, Uber is perfect
Start an hour or 2 before you normally commute, only accept uber rides to a destination close to work or at least in the right direction. Can pick up another ride to get closer to work.
On the way home, turn on uber and only accept rides going close to home or in the direction home. May take a ride or 2 or 3
One of my uber drivers was doing exactly that

Its not a taxi, its a ride share, Hey, you going in my direction, let me share my ride :-)

That's exactly what my neighbor does. He tries to pick up a fare to the airport, then one headed north from the airport. After his shift he takes someone to the airport, then a fare to Henderson. Wife does a couple of weekend shifts and they are paying down their debt.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 206
May 8th, 2019 at 5:35:29 PM permalink

Only you, the former subway dwelling, unable to get out of the homeless cycle for 7 years would say this. Regardless of what you did for 50 years, or less, itís hard to respect you.

You failed to take advantage of everything America has to offer.

And you show it everyday in your politics. Still pushing the handout for idiot policies.

Iíll accept whatever decision is made on this position, but obviously you failed in taking advantage of the American Dream.

Which is why I think everything you push as being the ďmost feared.....whatever ď is pure bull####.

Firstly, you are taking my sarcastic response to RS post as some position espoused. If you read the 2 post together it should be obvious I am being sarcastic.

Secondly what are you referring to by saying I am not enjoying the American dream? Probably only in America can a homeless person rise so far up in station. Its the AMERICAN DREAM to rise above ones station while everywhere else your lot in life when born is pretty much where you remain.

I find it hilarious that:
A) you actually dont even know what the American Dream is and
B) that you seem to think you know how well I am doing in life at this time period
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
May 8th, 2019 at 7:56:21 PM permalink
Imma be taking an Uber in a few hours. Hopefully these bastards arenít still on strike by then.
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
May 8th, 2019 at 8:03:26 PM permalink
The homeless shaming of DarkOz is uncalled for and overplayed.

Maybe we can move on? Iím sure we canít.

• Jump to: