Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13702
May 22nd, 2019 at 7:45:32 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It is not for the same reason I am not upset about it. SCOTUS has allowed regulation of abortion.

Here's the thing. These latest bills would not have passed had places like NY not passed laws allowing what amounts to infanticide. Had they not been celebrating abortion by lighting up buildings and putting up billboards. AL responded by doing what they think needs done to protect the culture.

A high abortion rate is a sign of a sickly, declining society (e.g.: FSU since late 1990s.) A society that celebrates abortion is an unquestionably sickly society.



A high abortion rate is a sign of an ignorant, repressed, patriarchial society. Making up your own conclusions doesn't change the facts.abortion needs to stay legal, but become rarer through sex education, cheap and available birth control, and men taking responsibility in those cases where they currently are not.

Had that vasectomy yet?

You've made it my business with your woman-blaming and -shaming and intrusion into my Constitutional rights, so let's hear about it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10975
May 22nd, 2019 at 8:44:36 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

A high abortion rate is a sign of an ignorant, repressed, patriarchial society. Making up your own conclusions doesn't change the facts.abortion needs to stay legal, but become rarer through sex education, cheap and available birth control, and men taking responsibility in those cases where they currently are not.



Her body, her responsibility. 10+ methods of BC available to women. 1 to men, the most accident-prone and ineffective method. If women are as smart as and equal to men they can do this. To say the man has to take the lead is to say women are not capable.

Quote:

Had that vasectomy yet?



If I was actively dating I surely would.

Quote:

You've made it my business with your woman-blaming and -shaming and intrusion into my Constitutional rights, so let's hear about it.



I do not "bash women." I do respond to misandry. I do hold women to the same standards as men. Equality is about more than women doing the fun stuff men do.

As to intrusion to Constitutional rights, if I am an offender then you are as well based on your positions on guns.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7727
May 22nd, 2019 at 8:47:41 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Simple. The states are to choose electors, not to send electors based on the national vote. Intent and spirit of the law.



If you vote for an elector who is pledged to vote for the national viewfinder, how is that a violation of anything? The Constitution doesn't specify how they are to vote.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10975
Thanks for this post from:
RS
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:17:39 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you vote for an elector who is pledged to vote for the national viewfinder, how is that a violation of anything? The Constitution doesn't specify how they are to vote.



It is the "spirit" of the way electors are supposed to be chosen. It was intended to be state by state, or at the least congressional district. It was not about states simply ratifying a national choice.

Look at 2016. The national vote was for Hillary based on just one state, CA. That needs to be balanced out so the other states are not ignored. EC also mitigates voter fraud in places like CA, IL, and NY. In a close election, party control of just a few states allows all kinds of games.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7727
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:26:52 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It is the "spirit" of the way electors are supposed to be chosen. It was intended to be state by state, or at the least congressional district. It was not about states simply ratifying a national choice.

Look at 2016. The national vote was for Hillary based on just one state, CA. That needs to be balanced out so the other states are not ignored. EC also mitigates voter fraud in places like CA, IL, and NY. In a close election, party control of just a few states allows all kinds of games.



Do you really believe this nonsense or are you just trying to get a rise out of people ?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5445
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:48:52 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Do you really believe this nonsense or are you just trying to get a rise out of people ?



I repeat, there are russian troll factories on here.

Beware!

Americans cant be as ridiculous as some of the posters on here

There is nothing wrong with making opposing logical arguments but thats not what some posters put up here. Its stuff juat to get a rise and divide us
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10975
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:49:03 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Do you really believe this nonsense or are you just trying to get a rise out of people ?



Spirit of the law is used all the time in legal cases.

That CA gave Hillary her entire margin is not disputable.

That just a few states could allow voter fraud to tip an election is easily possible. Just a few million votes. Easy to find in 70+ million people.

What's the problem?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10975
May 23rd, 2019 at 2:56:57 PM permalink
New York Times op-ed calls out 'unlivable' conditions in Democratic-led cities

Quote: article

n the op-ed, titled "America’s Cities Are Unlivable. Blame Wealthy Liberals," author Farhad Manjoo wrote of the "developing-world nightmare" unfolding in his home state.



Seems I remember some of the folk here getting upset that I called CA out for Third World conditions. Glad to have the NYT on board!
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10975
June 9th, 2019 at 4:32:31 PM permalink
National Park Quietly Removed Warning That Glaciers ‘Will All Be Gone’ By 2020 After Years Of Heavy Snowfall

But the scientists said they would be gone!

Maybe they will get one right one day.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5445
June 9th, 2019 at 6:12:13 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

National Park Quietly Removed Warning That Glaciers ‘Will All Be Gone’ By 2020 After Years Of Heavy Snowfall

But the scientists said they would be gone!

Maybe they will get one right one day.



So 70% of the glaciers have disappeared since 1850 in that location and you are celebrating victory?

Thats according to that same article

There is a difference between getting an estimate wrong and getting an entire theory wrong.

Like when a cancer patient given 6 months to live and actually dies in 12 you go around scoffing at the doctors because their estimate for the inevitable was wrong, even though the overall prediction was correct
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: