Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
May 2nd, 2019 at 12:26:52 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Come RX
You know better, look at the name of the thread

Yup, didn't look at it. But that post I responded to was about 99% politics.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
May 2nd, 2019 at 1:03:45 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yup, didn't look at it. But that post I responded to was about 99% politics.

Not on my part it wasn't.
rxwine
rxwine
May 2nd, 2019 at 1:30:05 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Not on my part it wasn't.

Bah. Assange's case is not highly political? C'mon.
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 2nd, 2019 at 1:58:33 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Bah. Assange's case is not highly political? C'mon.

If my post were , which you say was 99% political, it would at least be confined to one country, pol party, or legislative area.

Assange is an Australian, his human rights are being violated in the UK, and he is being requested by a third country, because of his work activity as a news reporter about crimes being committed in even further remote country's. Politics are local, my post covered multiple continents and hemispheres.

These actions are happening regardless of which political party is at the helm in any of those country's.

I am apolitical , I assure you me posting about mankind losing their freedom isn't about favoring one red/blue team over another.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
May 2nd, 2019 at 2:41:49 PM permalink

If my post were , which you say was 99% political, it would at least be confined to one country, pol party, or legislative area.

Assange is an Australian, his human rights are being violated in the UK, and he is being requested by a third country, because of his work activity as a news reporter about crimes being committed in even further remote country's. Politics are local, my post covered multiple continents and hemispheres.

These actions are happening regardless of which political party is at the helm in any of those country's.

I am apolitical , I assure you me posting about mankind losing their freedom isn't about favoring one red/blue team over another.

I think he has a real strong case
so why not fight rather then flee.
I view his case akin to the pentagon papers.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 2nd, 2019 at 3:03:01 PM permalink

He is locked up in the UK equivalent of Gitmo. He can't flee. UK had guards around the Ecuadorean embassy 24/7, if he stepped out he would have been apprehended. There is no place I can think of he could flee, to, except maybe be a room mate of Eddy Snowden?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-02/during-first-extradition-hearing-assange-vows-fight-charges
rxwine
rxwine
May 2nd, 2019 at 3:11:05 PM permalink

Politics are local, my post covered multiple continents and hemispheres.

"...we used to be a country that held our government accountable."

Sounds local to me.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
May 2nd, 2019 at 3:13:41 PM permalink

He is locked up in the UK equivalent of Gitmo. He can't flee. UK had guards around the Ecuadorean embassy 24/7, if he stepped out he would have been apprehended. There is no place I can think of he could flee, to, except maybe be a room mate of Eddy Snowden?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-02/during-first-extradition-hearing-assange-vows-fight-charges

I believe he has a real strong case in Sweden and the USA
If I feel I have a real strong case, I'm going to court, not fleeing to an embassy
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
May 2nd, 2019 at 3:22:02 PM permalink

I believe he has a real strong case in Sweden and the USA
If I feel I have a real strong case, I'm going to court, not fleeing to an embassy

When he fled to the Ecuadoran embassy, he was scared for his life, being charged with rape that he knew he had engaged sex with willing women. And the sex was in Sweden, what was the UK even mentioning it at all for? He didn't rape anyone.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 219
May 7th, 2019 at 3:54:38 PM permalink
The Wrong Narrative--Seattle elites show little sympathy for a woman raped by a homeless man.

She is White, he is homeless. City pols can't have people worried about all the homeless camps.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing

• Jump to: