billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 3rd, 2019 at 10:03:26 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

For some, yes, for others, no. Black gangs selling on a street corner have to be violent to even get their real estate to sell on. Whites are more likely to sell via "network marketing." Meet a customer, get some referrals, repeat. Make deliveries or just quietly sell out of a front business. While there might have been violence in the upstream part of the business, this kind of dealer can work for years even decades and not bother anyone, while nobody bothers them.

Is there anything ,in your view, that white people don't do better than "the blacks"? Seriously, "network marketing"?
How about the browns? Do they mix street corners and networking? Where do those pesky yellow skins fit into the picture?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
RS
June 3rd, 2019 at 10:37:15 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Is there anything ,in your view, that white people don't do better than "the blacks"?

Football, basketball, boxing, track & field events. Ticket scalping, You mean things like that? There are things I am sure.

Quote:

Seriously, "network marketing"?
How about the browns? Do they mix street corners and networking? Where do those pesky yellow skins fit into the picture?

Yes. Do you see white boys on the corner slinging? Or are they more likely to sell quietly? Sell to friends? Set up in a bar or restaurant and you just go to see them?

I am just stating reality. Who is on the corner? Who is not?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
June 3rd, 2019 at 11:05:09 AM permalink
My old neighborhood of Jackson Heights was the bazooka capital of North America, with hundreds of Colombian and other Hispanic characters selling drugs. Most would pass for white if you needed to assign a race. Not a black person in sight. They rarely crossed 103rd street.
Remind me of all the street level black characters we encountered on Breaking Bad?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 3rd, 2019 at 11:09:55 AM permalink

My old neighborhood of Jackson Heights was the bazooka capital of North America, with hundreds of Colombian and other Hispanic characters selling drugs. Most would pass for white if you needed to assign a race. Not a black person in sight. They rarely crossed 103rd street.
Remind me of all the street level black characters we encountered on Breaking Bad?

I hope you moved!
billryan
billryan
June 3rd, 2019 at 12:07:29 PM permalink
I moved three years ago. I'd move back in a heartbeat, but don't want to pay $3,000 a month for an apartment. I can live for less than that almost anywhere.
It's funny. For almost seven years, I passed the same couple of corners and for seven years I was asked" how many?" almost every night.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 3rd, 2019 at 12:15:16 PM permalink

I moved three years ago. I'd move back in a heartbeat, but don't want to pay $3,000 a month for an apartment. I can live for less than that almost anywhere.
It's funny. For almost seven years, I passed the same couple of corners and for seven years I was asked" how many?" almost every night.

$3,000 a month?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know I willingly live below my means so live at very low cost, but andare a Napoli!
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 3rd, 2019 at 12:17:56 PM permalink

If you would have bought a place there years ago, when you lived there, you could still be paying a sub 1k mortgage and living where your heart desires. I'm surprised a man of your means cares about any kind of rent payment as your investments allow you to roam freely and go where you desire, the joys of renting. Don't they? Practice what you preach.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 3rd, 2019 at 1:24:09 PM permalink

Is there anything ,in your view, that white people don't do better

you're not serious are you Bill. everybody knows Caucasians are wonderful people -....𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦..............😄😄😄

Please don't feed the trolls
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
June 3rd, 2019 at 1:44:25 PM permalink

What does "bazooka" mean in this context?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 3rd, 2019 at 3:20:05 PM permalink

Football, basketball, boxing, track & field events. Ticket scalping, You mean things like that? There are things I am sure.

Yes. Do you see white boys on the corner slinging? Or are they more likely to sell quietly? Sell to friends? Set up in a bar or restaurant and you just go to see them?

I am just stating reality. Who is on the corner? Who is not?

If the crime is selling drugs what does it matter if its done quietly out of someone's house or on a street corner?

P.S. generally its the house brand that is considered the bigger target for law enforcement. Similar to hookers. They round up a few streetwalkers that doesnt get them as excited as when they do a home raid and take out a dozen working girls and the "quiet" Madame
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
June 3rd, 2019 at 3:20:51 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

If you would have bought a place there years ago, when you lived there, you could still be paying a sub 1k mortgage and living where your heart desires. I'm surprised a man of your means cares about any kind of rent payment as your investments allow you to roam freely and go where you desire, the joys of renting. Don't they? Practice what you preach.

I own a place there. Living in it would cost me $3,000 in lost rent. I can live in Vegas, pay 1100 and have 1800 spending money or kick a reliable tenant out and have no spending money. I suspect you might be might be able to make the right choice under the circumstances.
Some fool paid $92,000 for my unit and went bankrupt. I picked it up for $19,000 while Dinkins was mayor and a person a week was being killed nearby.
It's about a mile and a half from LaGuardia , with a 24 hour bus stops nearby, so it's perfect for Airline employees. Most of the non seniors work in or around the airport.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 3rd, 2019 at 3:26:20 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

If the crime is selling drugs what does it matter if its done quietly out of someone's house or on a street corner?

For one, on the street you have the occasional turf war shootout. Out of a house, well, if the guy is quiet people just think he is selling nightcrawlers. Customers come, customers go. Nobody is getting beaten or robbed. Nobody is hassling anybody.
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 3rd, 2019 at 10:14:51 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Scroll to the bottom of that Wikipedia link. There are over 300 sources EXTERNAL to Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not a "source." It is an aggregate for many sources.

That good enough for you?

No, it's not. Wikipedia is full of crap. And so are people who live and die by it.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
June 4th, 2019 at 7:56:14 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

No, it's not. Wikipedia is full of crap. And so are people who live and die by it.

I'm not talking about "Wikipedia." I'm talking about 300+ NON-Wikipedia links that are referenced on that page. Are THEY all "full of crap?" Every single one of them? You've personally gone through all 300+ links and debunked every single one of them and know for an absolute fact that all 300+ of them are "full of crap?"

No, you haven't, because you don't know what the f*** you're talking about.

Pathetic.
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 4th, 2019 at 8:03:35 AM permalink

I'm not talking about "Wikipedia." I'm talking about 300+ NON-Wikipedia links that are referenced on that page. Are THEY all "full of crap?" Every single one of them? You've personally gone through all 300+ links and debunked every single one of them and know for an absolute fact that all 300+ of them are "full of crap?"

Pathetic.

Nice spoiler. What should I do now? Cry?
billryan
billryan
June 4th, 2019 at 8:04:52 AM permalink

Pathetic.

If it ain't on Faux news, it ain't real.
Don't you know Wikipedia is owned by the same people who run the Clinton News Network, and is edited by undocumented Hondurian boys not yet old enough to pimp out.
Close your mind, and the hate comes easy.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 4th, 2019 at 9:02:03 AM permalink

Don't you know Wikipedia is owned by the same people who run the Clinton News Network, and is edited by undocumented Hondurian boys not yet old enough to pimp out.
Close your mind, and the hate comes easy.

Thank you for your support, Mr. Cleaver. Lumpy says hi.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 4th, 2019 at 9:43:49 AM permalink

Thank you for your support, Mr. Cleaver. Lumpy says hi.

I don't agree that wiki is garbage, but that was a sick burn. Made me lol. Have a good day, all.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 4th, 2019 at 1:56:07 PM permalink

You really don't have me figured out at all, I am far from a Fox News / Hannity koolaid drinker. Of course, you know I'm an a-hole, you've got that part right, but that's easy to figure out, anyone can see that.
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 4th, 2019 at 10:04:31 PM permalink

Yes, Tiger Wu, that's exactly what I did. I went through all 300+ links and debunked every single one of them. I now know, for an absolute fact, that all 300+ of them are full of crap. If Steve can edit 3,000,000 by himself, then I can certainly debunk 300. Easy peazy.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
bobbartop
June 5th, 2019 at 5:03:59 AM permalink

Yes, Tiger Wu, that's exactly what I did. I went through all 300+ links and debunked every single one of them. I now know, for an absolute fact, that all 300+ of them are full of crap. If Steve can edit 3,000,000 by himself, then I can certainly debunk 300. Easy peazy.

I understand your wikipedia phobia.

Many people feel if anyone can update or add to the record then most likely people are adding nonsense and the record cant be trusted.

They dont trust the compendium of human knowledge wikipedia attempts to offer as well as the policing of information the knowledgeable public might do.

Basically you see the negative possibilities in wikipedia although you actually do not have sny expertise in wrongful wikipedia entries personally (correct me if you do)

I do have a personal experience so let me relay how it went.

While working on my Dark Oz film project one of the Hollywood producers stated INCORRECTLY that I was the author of the comic books. I was optioning the comica and had no hand in its authorship.

His word as a producer was cited in both Wikipedia and IMDB based on the published comment.

I can tell you this served a very embarrassing and difficult moment with the authors of the material.

I went onto wikipedia and edited the content so that the truthful facts would be represented.

I then tried the same with IMDB. I updated the info and received a notation that my new info would be "Vetted"

2 days later i received a follow up notice that my info was "discredited" as the trusted source producer had been publicly quoted. His word of course was more trustworthy than mine.

To this day if you read the wikipedia entry you will see the CORRECT info while IMDB retains the false information

So although I had many of the same misgivings about wikipedia for accuracy from its early inception guess which source I trust now for information?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 5th, 2019 at 7:37:22 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I understand your wikipedia phobia.

Many people feel if anyone can update or add to the record then most likely people are adding nonsense and the record cant be trusted.

They dont trust the compendium of human knowledge wikipedia attempts to offer as well as the policing of information the knowledgeable public might do.

Basically you see the negative possibilities in wikipedia although you actually do not have sny expertise in wrongful wikipedia entries personally (correct me if you do)

I do have a personal experience so let me relay how it went.

While working on my Dark Oz film project one of the Hollywood producers stated INCORRECTLY that I was the author of the comic books. I was optioning the comica and had no hand in its authorship.

His word as a producer was cited in both Wikipedia and IMDB based on the published comment.

I can tell you this served a very embarrassing and difficult moment with the authors of the material.

I went onto wikipedia and edited the content so that the truthful facts would be represented.

I then tried the same with IMDB. I updated the info and received a notation that my new info would be "Vetted"

2 days later i received a follow up notice that my info was "discredited" as the trusted source producer had been publicly quoted. His word of course was more trustworthy than mine.

To this day if you read the wikipedia entry you will see the CORRECT info while IMDB retains the false information

So although I had many of the same misgivings about wikipedia for accuracy from its early inception guess which source I trust now for information?

I appreciate your comments. Glad you could straighten out your own. But this thing is evil. Useful, but evil. Fast forward 20 years from now, a whole generation, or two, who live and die by it. Brave new world. Sux. My opinion. Young people are going to get even more stupid than they are today. Scary.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 5th, 2019 at 9:27:43 PM permalink
Frankly I don't know about gun derths but I keep hearing news reports.
Even the road rage passerbys and workplace rage victims get lots of airtime.
how does it really compare?? I would think its a trivial risk if you are not in a gang infested druggie area.
sure its a number no one likes but life is not a cocoon. some people die from animal bites. recently four peopledied in a caribean resort perhaps from spiked drinks or anti-roach fumes. Resort authorities tend to always report 'natural causes'.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
June 6th, 2019 at 2:29:46 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Frankly I don't know about gun derths but I keep hearing news reports.
Even the road rage passerbys and workplace rage victims get lots of airtime.
how does it really compare?? I would think its a trivial risk if you are not in a gang infested druggie area.
sure its a number no one likes but life is not a cocoon. some people die from animal bites. recently four peopledied in a caribean resort perhaps from spiked drinks or anti-roach fumes. Resort authorities tend to always report 'natural causes'.

Most people's lives are so safe their brain has a need to worry about something. So they see one random shooting and think they are in grave danger.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 6th, 2019 at 2:47:59 AM permalink
Well, I recently binge-watched Harry Bosch Season Five so I know about random shootings.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 18th, 2019 at 4:29:35 AM permalink
yet another maniac with an assault weapon terrorizes Dallas

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-shooting-suspect-brian-isaack-clyde-shot-dead-by-police-earl-cabell-federal-building/

AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
June 18th, 2019 at 4:59:55 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-shooting-suspect-brian-isaack-clyde-shot-dead-by-police-earl-cabell-federal-building/

"Yet another?"

Is this a regular thing or something?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
June 18th, 2019 at 5:51:37 AM permalink
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/06/17/only-thing-sadder-than-swalwells-gun-control-proposal-his-rally-numbers-outsi-n2548334

12 people showed up outside NRA headquarters to protest with one of the Dem’s Clown Car Candidates.

Great job by the officers in Dallas by the way.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 18th, 2019 at 7:39:57 AM permalink

"Yet another?"

There was a big one in, I think, 2017, where a guy targeted and shot several cops from a high nest in a downtown parking garage, during a street event with the police doing crowd control.

And they still remember the bell tower sniper there.

Not to mention Kennedy.

So yeah, yet again.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
June 18th, 2019 at 9:36:33 AM permalink

173 mass shootings in the past 167 days.

Mass Shootings 2019
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 18th, 2019 at 9:52:57 AM permalink
That info uses a low bar for what it describes as a mass shooting. As few as 2 people shot qualifies as a mass shooting?
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
June 18th, 2019 at 9:54:08 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Mass Shootings 2019

Looks more like a gang problem.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
SanchoPanzabobbartop
June 18th, 2019 at 9:58:37 AM permalink

Mass Shootings 2019

Too many gun free zones.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
ams288
June 18th, 2019 at 10:43:35 AM permalink

Mass Shootings 2019

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 18th, 2019 at 10:55:32 AM permalink

billryan
billryan
June 18th, 2019 at 1:13:27 PM permalink

Remind me how many convictions came out of this?
Incredibly, the bikers in the top photo are all under arrest on suspicion of murder at the time the photo was taken.
Mighty nice of the police to let them break out refreshments and get their stories straight. some of them are still wearing chains.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 18th, 2019 at 2:15:49 PM permalink

Remind me how many convictions came out of this?

wiki says 9 dead and 155 indicted - most not yet tried

that's what we do in the U.S. - count the number of dead - if it's less than 4 dead it doesn't get much media attention
this one in Dallas is the exception because of the picture of the maniac

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout#Trial,_lack_of_convictions_and_dismissal_of_charges
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
June 18th, 2019 at 2:50:49 PM permalink

that's what we do in the U.S. - count the number of dead - if it's less than 4 dead it doesn't get much media attention

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout#Trial,_lack_of_convictions_and_dismissal_of_charges

Just a model of bad law enforcement. Something like 177 arrested, mostly innocent bystanders who,s offense was wearing motorcycle gear, each charged with organized criminal activity and bail set at $1 million. One individual tried resulting in a mistrial. All charges were dropped for everyone a couple of months ago. The district attorney and the sheriff lost their jobs. Many innocent people had their lives disrupted. Some lost their jobs because of the arrests. There are 130 pending civil suits against the former DA and the county. A few got away with murder.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
JimRockford
JimRockford
June 18th, 2019 at 2:50:51 PM permalink
Double
Last edited by: JimRockford on Jun 18, 2019
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
billryan
billryan
June 18th, 2019 at 3:40:39 PM permalink

No one was convicted. Few even went to trial. The people who were arrested and held in jail for months will soon own the county by the time the lawsuits are settled.

I'm confused. Is the photo of the guy with the Screaming Eagle patch the shooter or part of the police response?
I thought he was a cop.
billryan
billryan
June 18th, 2019 at 3:46:10 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

Just a model of bad law enforcement. Something like 177 arrested, mostly innocent bystanders whos offense was wearing motorcycle gear, each charged with organized criminal activity and bail set at $1 million. One individual tried resulting in a mistrial. All charges were dropped for everyone a couple of months ago. The district attorney and the sheriff lost their jobs. Many innocent people had their lives disrupted. Some lost their jobs because of the arrests. There are 130 pending civil suits against the former DA and the county. A few got away with murder.

Several of the dead were killed by long guns fired from across the street by law enforcement members.
One man killed by the police was a VIetnam Vet who was shot in the back of his head while still seated.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 18th, 2019 at 5:16:06 PM permalink
A lot of people get killed in Waco.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Jun 18, 2019
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 19th, 2019 at 6:47:21 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Dude. I was considered a pretty well-behaved kid. And many were much worse than me.

We made bombs. We lit stuff on fire, using any fluids we could find marked "flammable." I got drunk. I'm sorry to say, drove drunk (that one should carry a pretty stiff penalty.) One time, while sober, I intentionally rear ended my friend. I cut class. I've never been a fighter, but did have a couple scraps. One time my friend and I had a competition to see who would draw the biggest swastika on our desks. Not because we were nazis, but because that was the thing that would get you in the most trouble if you were caught. Kids would smuggle illegal fireworks in from Mexico and sell them. One of my BFs sold pot. Today he is a medical doctor.

And my upbringing was like a 50s sitcom.

Those are just things I remember off the top of my head.

Kids are idiots.

A kid who did half of that stuff now, especially a poor kid, would be treated like Hanibal Lechter.

One of your Boyfriends sold pot? That doesn't surprise me. Nor does the fact that he sold pot.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
JimRockford
JimRockford
Thanked by
AxelWolf
June 19th, 2019 at 6:56:24 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

One of your Boyfriends sold pot? That doesn't surprise me. Nor does the fact that he sold pot.

Maybe the one he intentionally rear ended.
  • Jump to: