beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 13th, 2018 at 5:30:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm amazed so many people fell for this a second time.

There's been so much said in this thread, I have no idea what 'this' refers to. Lol...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 13th, 2018 at 6:36:35 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There's been so much said in this thread, I have no idea what 'this' refers to. Lol...

p

The entire " I don't believe man landed on the moon " thing.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 13th, 2018 at 7:02:46 AM permalink
Quote: RS

If we do ANYTHING with the moon, my vote is to plant a billion pounds of dynamite on that puppy and blow it to smithereens.

A roommate of mine in college father was a mathematician and physicist that suggested just that.

"Abian gained a degree of international notoriety for his claim that blowing up the Moon would solve virtually every problem of human existence. He made this claim in 1991 in a campus newspaper.[4] Stating that a Moonless Earth wouldn't wobble, eliminating both the seasons and its associated events like heat waves, snowstorms and hurricanes.[5] Refutations were given toward that idea by NASA saying that part of the exploded Moon would come back as a meteorite impacting the Earth and causing sufficient damage to extinguish all life, while restoring the seasons in the process.

Abian said that "Those critics who say 'Dismiss Abian's ideas' are very close to those who dismissed Galileo."[6] This claim and others, made in thousands of Usenet posts during the last portion of his life, gained Abian mention (not entirely favorable) and even interviews in such diverse publications as Omni, People, Weekly World News,[7] and The Wall Street Journal.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Abian
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 14th, 2018 at 5:20:26 PM permalink
Add Jalen Rose to the list

100% risk of ruin
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 14th, 2018 at 6:37:33 PM permalink