rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
August 5th, 2018 at 12:08:02 PM permalink
It was kind of an alarming headline to see when I opened my news feed. Or has my news been hacked?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
August 5th, 2018 at 12:13:52 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It was kind of an alarming headline to see when I opened my news feed. Or has my news been hacked?

Putin has hacked your news feed

Stop watching Foxnews

Major news top story is trump

A google of the words meteor blast caused computer games to come up
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 5th, 2018 at 3:43:09 PM permalink
A link or something would be helpful
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
August 5th, 2018 at 4:08:55 PM permalink
Egads, good fracking grief, and holy sheetrock; any word or phrase which accurately characterizes that immediate answer to the OP is forbidden here.

Besides being reported over the last 48hrs by hundreds of news outlets worldwide, who've just now learned over the past two days of the large explosive release of energy that occurred in the atmosphere over Thule Air Force Base in Greenland from the exceptionally big meteor on July 25, the basic factual information on the significant 2.1 kiloton blast from that meteor has also now been calculated and released by NASA - the National Aeronautics and Space Administration - which routinely tracks and documents such things from their JPL "CNEOS" lab at CalTech:

https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/fireballs/
Quote: Center for Near Earth Object Studies of the
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the
California Institute of Technology

Peak Brightness, Date/Time (UT), Latitude (deg.), Longitude (deg.), Altitude (km), Velocity (km/s), Velocity Components (km/s),Total Radiated Energy (J), Calculated Total Impact Energy (kt)

2018-07-27 09:35:14 58.8S 105.8E 32.0 10.5e10 0.32
2018-07-25 21:55:26 76.9N 69.0W 43.3 24.4 20.4 12.9 -3.8 87.7e10 2.1<-<-<-

...<SNIP>...

[Highlighting added.]

I see the "information" emanating from the uniquely functioning noggins of self-described "AP" folk remains as extraordinary as ever. Which is kind of comforting in a way. If I should wake up after a long hybernation or something, and someone who is routinely busy here displaying their opaque form of confounding brilliance by eagerly sharing their very special kind of "knowledge" on WoV states that today is Wednesday, I can be pretty confident that today is surely one of six days, none of which contain the letter "w."

But in other news, since it is kinda sorta in the latitude neighborhood, I wonder how is that big war in Finland going that someone here recently breathlessly told us all about? Is there anything new about that big invasion that some wise WoV AP news analyst was so eager to inform us about?
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
August 5th, 2018 at 4:09:07 PM permalink
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/air-force-remains-silent-after-a-huge-meteor-hits-near-us-military-base/vi-BBLsMwI?ocid=spartanntp
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
August 5th, 2018 at 5:03:21 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

Egads, good fracking grief, and holy sheetrock; any word or phrase which accurately characterizes that immediate answer to the OP is forbidden here.

Besides being reported over the last 48hrs by hundreds of news outlets worldwide, who've just now learned over the past two days of the large explosive release of energy that occurred in the atmosphere over Thule Air Force Base in Greenland from the exceptionally big meteor on July 25, the basic factual information on the significant 2.1 kiloton blast from that meteor has also now been calculated and released by NASA - the National Aeronautics and Space Administration - which routinely tracks and documents such things from their JPL "CNEOS" lab at CalTech:

https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/fireballs/

Quote: Center for Near Earth Object Studies of the
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the
California Institute of Technology

Peak Brightness, Date/Time (UT), Latitude (deg.), Longitude (deg.), Altitude (km), Velocity (km/s), Velocity Components (km/s),Total Radiated Energy (J), Calculated Total Impact Energy (kt)

2018-07-27 09:35:14 58.8S 105.8E 32.0 10.5e10 0.32
2018-07-25 21:55:26 76.9N 69.0W 43.3 24.4 20.4 12.9 -3.8 87.7e10 2.1<-<-<-

...<SNIP>...

[Highlighting added.]

I see the "information" emanating from the uniquely functioning noggins of self-described "AP" folk remains as extraordinary as ever. Which is kind of comforting in a way. If I should wake up after a long hybernation or something, and someone who is routinely busy here displaying their opaque form of confounding brilliance by eagerly sharing their very special kind of "knowledge" on WoV states that today is Wednesday, I can be pretty confident that today is surely one of six days, none of which contain the letter "w."

But in other news, since it is kinda sorta in the latitude neighborhood, I wonder how is that big war in Finland going that someone here recently breathlessly told us all about? Is there anything new about that big invasion that some wise WoV AP news analyst was so eager to inform us about?

I havent seen one news outlet report except for a link supplied that goes to FoxNews (like I jokingly said was fake news)

As for the link you supplied it shows fireball events happened a dozen times this month

So this sounds like you enjoyed pointing to what righties call a nothingburger
darkoz
darkoz
August 5th, 2018 at 5:04:03 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/air-force-remains-silent-after-a-huge-meteor-hits-near-us-military-base/vi-BBLsMwI?ocid=spartanntp

Lol like I said. FOXNEWS
  • Jump to: