rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1461
July 10th, 2019 at 12:28:11 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

congrats!!

stupid question, what is the difference between now and 2 weeks from now? Do you currently have to renew the ability to stay here?



To apply for citizenship you must be a green card holder for a minimum of 5 years. So there's really no difference between now and two weeks from now as I'm able to be here as a permanent resident.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9679
July 10th, 2019 at 12:57:33 PM permalink
Google gives me all the answers. Basically you will be able to vote, obtain a us passport, and travel outside the US and reenter without needing passport and greencard.


https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/permanent-resident-vs-citizen-difference.html
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1461
July 10th, 2019 at 2:43:28 PM permalink
sorry, misunderstood your question.

Although I thought nowadays, you needed a passport to re-enter. You have to have some way of identifying yourself and your status.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5639
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
July 10th, 2019 at 6:25:56 PM permalink
Congratulations, and remember in America Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats on Wednesday.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1461
July 10th, 2019 at 6:29:34 PM permalink
LOL, I will write that down and live by that.. thanks! ;-)
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9679
July 10th, 2019 at 6:54:20 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Congratulations, and remember in America Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats on Wednesday.



That is funny
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 17296
July 10th, 2019 at 7:51:27 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

does it bother you that some people just walk across the border and set up shop here in the USA?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3598
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
July 10th, 2019 at 8:00:30 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

does it bother you that some people just walk across the border and set up shop here in the USA?



And get free health insurance now.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 17296
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
July 10th, 2019 at 8:12:25 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

does it bother you that some people just walk across the border and set up shop here in the USA?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1461
Thanks for this post from:
RS
July 10th, 2019 at 8:25:58 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

does it bother you that some people just walk across the border and set up shop here in the USA?



I"m a rules-follower kind of guy. So yes, it does.

  • Jump to: