rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 16
June 5th, 2019 at 8:34:46 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've had many friends have dealings with the INS. Unfortunately, it really seems to come down to a crap shoot who your case agent is. I've known people whose application get delayed six month for lack of an apostrophe, and others where the agent helps correct minor mistakes.
Best of luck.

Thank you. Yes, they have the control and they know it. If they get picky on something with me, the hard part will be biting my tongue.
rsactuary
rsactuary
June 5th, 2019 at 2:40:51 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

Your interview is exactly one year after your biometric screening. Wonder if that is coincidence or typical

Whoa.... I'm glad I went online and looked again... I clicked the wrong document and was looking at my biometrics appt. My interview is July 10, 2019. That could have been a disaster!
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
June 5th, 2019 at 5:58:18 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Whoa.... I'm glad I went online and looked again... I clicked the wrong document and was looking at my biometrics appt. My interview is July 10, 2019. That could have been a disaster!

Well glad I could help!
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
June 5th, 2019 at 7:07:18 PM permalink

Thank you. Yes, they have the control and they know it. If they get picky on something with me, the hard part will be biting my tongue.

That's part of the test.
rsactuary
rsactuary
June 5th, 2019 at 7:25:12 PM permalink
Perhaps!
rsactuary
rsactuary
ams288Joemanrdw4potusbeachbumbabstringlomane
July 10th, 2019 at 8:28:38 AM permalink
Day 376

Today I had my citizenship interview at the Dallas USCIS office in Irving. My appointment was for 8:30, but I arrived slightly before 8:00. I had to show my appointment document, then go through security screening (metal detector) and then line up at the appointment check-in window.

I proceeded to a waiting room upstairs where I waited a full hour, watching people who arrived after me get called before me. I was starting to wonder if somehow I had been missed, but tried to keep in mind that others could be there for different purposes that don't take as long to handle.

I finally got called about 9:15am. The immigration officer was very nice and friendly. She took fingerprints and a picture to match up to what was taken in the biometrics a year ago, and then she swore me in. We started with the civics test which was a breeze to pass. I was exempt from the English test because of my age and length of time in the US.

She went through my application and asked me a couple questions that had apparently left blank.... not sure how that happened. Other than that, some general questions about whether I'm willing to abide by laws of the US, am I willing to go to war for the US and then it was over.

Took about 20 minutes of time and then she asked me to go back and wait in the waiting room and she would get me scheduled for an oath ceremony! She came out to the waiting room about 20 minutes later and I will be a US citizen a week from today, on July 17!
Last edited by: rsactuary on Jul 10, 2019
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
rsactuary
July 10th, 2019 at 8:34:21 AM permalink
Congratulations. Many here don't appreciate what being an American means. Welcome to the best club in the universe.
happahero
happahero
  • Threads: 8
rsactuaryRS
July 10th, 2019 at 8:52:28 AM permalink

Yesterday marked the 6 month mark since submitting my paperwork. Nothing has happened since my biometrics screening back in July. Each month, I get an email saying they are still processing my application and that there are no "to do" items for me at this point.

Meanwhile the processing times for the Dallas office have increased to be 17 to 20 months.

You got unlucky you application got sent to the Dallas service center has always been 12-20 months average process time, the California service center is like 4-8 months service time. I got lucky when I was importing my wife, ours got sent to the CSC. Why the Government does not just grab a stack of applications and mail them to the other service center is beyond me.

Anyhoo congrats on the journey!
Dost thou even hoist
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
rsactuary
July 10th, 2019 at 10:35:32 AM permalink
Congratulations, rsactuary! We're happy to have you!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
July 10th, 2019 at 12:02:59 PM permalink
congrats!!

stupid question, what is the difference between now and 2 weeks from now? Do you currently have to renew the ability to stay here?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

• Jump to: