rsactuary
rsactuary 
  • Threads: 15
January 1st, 2019 at 11:23:03 AM permalink
Yesterday marked the 6 month mark since submitting my paperwork. Nothing has happened since my biometrics screening back in July. Each month, I get an email saying they are still processing my application and that there are no "to do" items for me at this point.

Meanwhile the processing times for the Dallas office have increased to be 17 to 20 months.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 149
January 1st, 2019 at 11:26:45 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Yesterday marked the 6 month mark since submitting my paperwork. Nothing has happened since my biometrics screening back in July. Each month, I get an email saying they are still processing my application and that there are no "to do" items for me at this point.

Meanwhile the processing times for the Dallas office have increased to be 17 to 20 months.

If you guys keep being mean to our Prez, you might find yourself annexed long before that.
rsactuary
rsactuary 
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
June 5th, 2019 at 6:30:50 AM permalink
June 5, 2019 (Day 341 since application submission)

I was alerted today that my naturalization interview has been set for July 26, 2019.

Time to start studying! I've taken some on line civics tests and passed all of them easily, however each of those tests provided multiple choice answers. I won't have that luxury in the interview which will make those questions slightly more difficult. Not overly concerned about my ability to pass, but will do some studying anyways.

In my USCIS account, it originally listed an anticipated completion date of August 2020, but at some point in time over the last six months it was moved to February 2020.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
June 5th, 2019 at 7:08:27 AM permalink
Your interview is exactly one year after your biometric screening. Wonder if that is coincidence or typical
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
RS
June 5th, 2019 at 7:10:57 AM permalink
Bumped up 6 months. That is awesome news! We need more people like you in this country who have skills that are in demand. I believe, most everybody in the country, regardless of political beliefs are all in favor of legal immigration. The fact you were here for a quarter century before going through this process might create some uneasiness with some but regardless of what I or others feel about it, I am personally rooting for you in this process.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
rsactuary
rsactuary 
June 5th, 2019 at 7:30:57 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

Your interview is exactly one year after your biometric screening. Wonder if that is coincidence or typical

Wow! I didn't even think about that.. interesting!
rsactuary
rsactuary 
June 5th, 2019 at 7:31:09 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Bumped up 6 months. That is awesome news! We need more people like you in this country who have skills that are in demand. I believe, most everybody in the country, regardless of political beliefs are all in favor of legal immigration. The fact you were here for a quarter century before going through this process might create some uneasiness with some but regardless of what I or others feel about it, I am personally rooting for you in this process.

Thank you!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
bobbartop
June 5th, 2019 at 7:39:47 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

June 5, 2019 (Day 341 since application submission)

I was alerted today that my naturalization interview has been set for July 26, 2019.

Time to start studying! I've taken some on line civics tests and passed all of them easily, however each of those tests provided multiple choice answers. I won't have that luxury in the interview which will make those questions slightly more difficult. Not overly concerned about my ability to pass, but will do some studying anyways.

In my USCIS account, it originally listed an anticipated completion date of August 2020, but at some point in time over the last six months it was moved to February 2020.

The federal governmentioned wheels grind slowly but exceedingly fine. Cheering for your successful interview! My mom went through this 60 or so years ago. Came here in 1951, became naturalized a few years later. It has to be with mixed emotions for nearly everyone.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 92
June 5th, 2019 at 7:46:06 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The federal governmentioned wheels grind slowly but exceedingly fine. Cheering for your successful interview! My mom went through this 60 or so years ago. Came here in 1951, became naturalized a few years later. It has to be with mixed emotions for nearly everyone.

God bless America.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 149
June 5th, 2019 at 8:26:35 AM permalink
I've had many friends have dealings with the INS. Unfortunately, it really seems to come down to a crap shoot who your case agent is. I've known people whose application get delayed six month for lack of an apostrophe, and others where the agent helps correct minor mistakes.
Best of luck.

• Jump to: