billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 4th, 2018 at 10:56:52 AM permalink
On Saturday, August 11th, the Las Vegas 51s are hosting their 18th Kids Night Out. The purpose of the night is to provide children who are at risk or suffering a life threatening disease an opportunity to attend a professional game.
Last year, with support of many generous donations, over 5,000 children attended. For many, it was their first pro game. For a few, it might have been their last.

Organizations who got tickets last year included Boys and Girls Club, Boystown ,Nevada, Candlelighters Cancer Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers and Sisters and numerous others.

A $100 sponsorship provides 35 tickets to the game, but as The Baseball Ambassador Program matches all donations, it's really like providing 70.

All sponsors receive scoreboard and PA recognition, and a couple of tickets for themselves.

I propose we make a donation in the name of the forum. I'm starting the kitty with $100 and invite anyone interested to join me. No donation is too small. Even a $3.50 donation will get two kids into what might be their first pro game.
This is a great online community. We all have our differences , but in the end most of us are all Americans. Today is our Nations birthday.
Honor our illustrious past by donating to our future.
Thanks.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 4th, 2018 at 12:07:46 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

On Saturday, August 11th, the Las Vegas 51s are hosting their 18th Kids Night Out. The purpose of the night is to provide children who are at risk or suffering a life threatening disease an opportunity to attend a professional game.
Last year, with support of many generous donations, over 5,000 children attended. For many, it was their first pro game. For a few, it might have been their last.

Organizations who got tickets last year included Boys and Girls Club, Boystown ,Nevada, Candlelighters Cancer Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers and Sisters and numerous others.

A $100 sponsorship provides 35 tickets to the game, but as The Baseball Ambassador Program matches all donations, it's really like providing 70.

All sponsors receive scoreboard and PA recognition, and a couple of tickets for themselves.

I propose we make a donation in the name of the forum. I'm starting the kitty with $100 and invite anyone interested to join me. No donation is too small. Even a $3.50 donation will get two kids into what might be their first pro game.
This is a great online community. We all have our differences , but in the end most of us are all Americans. Today is our Nations birthday.
Honor our illustrious past by donating to our future.
Thanks.

I went to a game in May, and it was amazingly fun. The kids there had a great time.

I pledge $20. Can you provide a link, please? I vouch for you as a reliable money collector if necessary.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
July 4th, 2018 at 12:30:23 PM permalink
$25 because I promised a forum member I would donate $25 to charity.
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 4th, 2018 at 1:56:51 PM permalink
Sure. Put me down for $25.
billryan
billryan
July 4th, 2018 at 2:06:48 PM permalink
Fantastic. We are up to $145 which buys 44 tickets after matching funds.
The first $50 donation gets a package of 51s merchandise baseball cap and a shirt from past seasons.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
July 4th, 2018 at 2:08:41 PM permalink
$170. Incredible.
Let's See the WOV in lights at Cashman Field..
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 4th, 2018 at 3:46:41 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Fantastic. We are up to $145 which buys 44 tickets after matching funds.
The first $50 donation gets a package of 51s merchandise baseball cap and a shirt from past seasons.

I will up my 20 to 50 if you get me at LEAST 4 more of these beer cups (they come with Shock Top AFAIK, maybe other beers) this season. Feel free to collect them left behind- they sterilize great. I would like the shirt as well if it's a size that fits, but promote the cap to someone else, if you want to do this deal.

Sorry, I don't know why my images are sideways any more.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
July 4th, 2018 at 4:11:21 PM permalink
I normally would have a henchling or minion do this sort of scut work, but since it's for the kids, I accept. Thank you.
billryan
billryan
July 4th, 2018 at 4:31:14 PM permalink
We stand at $200 pledged.
The next Sponsor Level is at $250. For that we buy tickets for 70 kids to attend, and get four tickets for whomever wants to attend the game. I already have my seats for the game so they are yet to be claimed.
  • Jump to: