Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 12th, 2022 at 1:04:14 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Quote: lilredrooster

I'm not anti veggie - in fact there are some that I like quite a bit - but anyway - after careful consideration here is my list of:

𝙈𝙊𝙎𝙏. 𝘽𝙊𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂 . 𝙁𝙊𝙊𝘿𝙎

lettuce
celery
broccoli
carrots
peas
stringbeans
cabbage
cauliflower
eggplant
beets
okra
bean sprouts
chickpeas
brussels sprouts
kidney beans
lima beans
soybeans
bean sprouts
alfalfa sprouts
bok choy

anybody ever heard someone say_________ "WOW___!!!!______I just ate some really delicious cabbage__________???

link to original post

So, zucchini squash, other squashes (like yellow squash), spinach and kale didn't make your list? And I imagine that onions, turnips and radishes were too non-boring to make the list?

link to original post

no, you're right - I missed a few - of the ones you mentioned the only one I like is onions - and I think they're great - they really give food flavor

Please don't feed the trolls
Vilelana
Vilelana
  • Threads: 0
September 12th, 2022 at 1:54:53 PM permalink
I ate homemade pizza, it was soooo delicious :)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 12th, 2022 at 6:26:14 PM permalink
Coincidentally, I had a surprisingly in-depth conversation with one of my co-residents about how we both like spam.

He's more of a spam & eggs or spam sandwich kind of guy.
I generally have a fried slice with my noodle soup, or make spam fried rice, or have some as part of a breakfast fry-up.

Didn't actually have any for a meal today, but for whatever reason, it seemed uniquely topical.
May the cards fall in your favor.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
September 12th, 2022 at 9:54:16 PM permalink
Homemade turkey chili from the crockpot. Makes enough for me and the co-resident for 2 days. Wed is usually sushi day. Local establishment runs sushi specials on Wed,

Gene
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 13th, 2022 at 12:28:20 AM permalink

this is the Jolly Green Giant's tv commercial for green beans in 1975 - it was all over the airwaves back in the day
I haven't seen any green beans tv commercials I think since the 70s

could it possibly be that Green Beans are not very popular anymore____?__________not worth the time and money to make a tv commercial_____?

color me shocked - how could that be___________________?__________________(~:/

love the quote from the commercial - 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 ------------right ---------sure they are

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 13th, 2022 at 5:17:36 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Coincidentally, I had a surprisingly in-depth conversation with one of my co-residents about how we both like spam.

He's more of a spam & eggs or spam sandwich kind of guy.
I generally have a fried slice with my noodle soup, or make spam fried rice, or have some as part of a breakfast fry-up.

Didn't actually have any for a meal today, but for whatever reason, it seemed uniquely topical.
link to original post

Spam definitely is the butt of many jokes but I really think it is an okay product. I don't eat it often but it seems like a fine sausage substitute.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 13th, 2022 at 5:19:09 PM permalink
I was curious what the minimal amount of food you could eat in 1 day and get all your nutrients. this is what I found

Breakfast: 8 ounces nonfat yogurt with a cup of papaya and kiwi and 14 walnut halves

Lunch: 1 small whole-wheat pita with a green salad including 1 cup of dark green lettuce, a red pepper, 1 cup of tomatoes, ½ cup edamame, and unsalted sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. Don't despair! You can add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pepper as dressing.

Dinner: 4 ounces broiled wild salmon (about the size of your palm) with a yogurt sauce. On the side, a ½ cup of barley and lentils with a cup of steamed asparagus or baby bok choy.

This meal plan totals just over 1,100 calories, which isn't enough for most people.

https://www.inc.com/robin-camarote/this-extremely-simple-1-day-meal-plan-will-increase-your-productivity-mental-health.html

I suppose there are other plans, but didn't look any further.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 14th, 2022 at 12:17:37 AM permalink

about 20 years ago these Peruvian chicken joints with "Pollo" in their name started popping up all over the DC area - they are not part of a chain - they're all independent

not pricey and their birds are very flavorful - 5 star

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Sep 14, 2022
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
September 22nd, 2022 at 2:20:53 AM permalink

vanilla caramel ice coffee

made coffee - added some vanilla creamer and a Werthers candy caramel - stirred very hard to get caramel to dissolve

left in freezer for half hour - added some ice - excellent

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Sep 22, 2022
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
unJon
October 2nd, 2022 at 8:19:35 PM permalink
I changed my mind I am going to post in this thread cuz I got a new Samsung phone last week and I'm not really familiar with the camera on it this way I have something to take pictures of. It's a better camera than the one on my old phone. I know I said I would never post in this thread again but oh well, never say never.

Mushroom and onion omelette with fried ham smothered with white cheddar cheese sauce. Scallions on top. You can make anything taste good if you smother it with white cheddar cheese sauce.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 3rd, 2022 at 4:23:06 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I changed my mind I am going to post in this thread cuz I got a new Samsung phone last week and I'm not really familiar with the camera on it this way I have something to take pictures of. It's a better camera than the one on my old phone. I know I said I would never post in this thread again but oh well, never say never.

Mushroom and onion omelette with fried ham smothered with white cheddar cheese sauce. Scallions on top. You can make anything taste good if you smother it with white cheddar cheese sauce.

link to original post

Thank you EB. If you are going to put scallions in a recipe, do it full blast! Very few places/people will use that many scallions. Agree on the cheese sauce as well. I’m not a big omelette fan though. Probably eat 2 a year at hotel/restaurant buffet where they have a guy asking what you want and they cook it in front of you. They never put enough ‘stuff’ in!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
October 3rd, 2022 at 10:50:31 AM permalink
Went to Olive Garden with wifey. They have $8.99 soup and salad AYCE. But for $9.99 I can get the eggplant parmigiana and still get the AYCE soup and salad. So I had my two bowls of chicken gnocchi soup plus some salad, and a few bites of the EP. The rest of the EP and side spaghetti/breadsticks will be dinner.

It was good. Need a nap now…
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
October 3rd, 2022 at 11:16:10 AM permalink
Made homemade chicken soup, Meat from leftover chicken legs, peas and carrots and sliced potatoes. Had two bowls with ciabatta bread. That was nap worthy.

Gene
rxwine
rxwine
October 3rd, 2022 at 11:35:10 AM permalink
Has anyone had really good Brussel sprouts? My waitress asked me how (the vegetable of the day) tasted? I said good, but it was a bit of stretch. They were still warm which helped.

But I can't think of one Brussel sprout dish that ever came close to being something to write home about.

Apparently, they do originate in Belgium.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
October 3rd, 2022 at 11:42:53 AM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

Made homemade chicken soup, Meat from leftover chicken legs, peas and carrots and sliced potatoes. Had two bowls with ciabatta bread. That was nap worthy.

Gene
link to original post

Had a popular branded canned chicken soup on Saturday.
Happened to read the ingredients... 3% chicken! The top ingredient by volume was water.
Supermarket own brand was 2% chicken!

2 level teaspoons of chicken in a mugful.

Truly pathetic.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
October 3rd, 2022 at 12:03:31 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Has anyone had really good Brussel sprouts? My waitress asked me how (the vegetable of the day) tasted? I said good, but it was a bit of stretch. They were still warm which helped.

But I can't think of one Brussel sprout dish that ever came close to being something to write home about.

link to original post

I've tried Brussel Sprouts multiple times and cooked multiple different ways. No matter how cooked, they always tasted like dirt to me-literally. I know they are quite healthy as far as food go, but I will risk dying 5 minutes sooner than to eat another Brussel Sprout ever again.

Gene
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
October 3rd, 2022 at 12:09:39 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: GenoDRPh

Gene
link to original post

Had a popular branded canned chicken soup on Saturday.
Happened to read the ingredients... 3% chicken! The top ingredient by volume was water.
Supermarket own brand was 2% chicken!

2 level teaspoons of chicken in a mugful.

Truly pathetic.
link to original post

That's why I make my own. Leftover or cheap chicken, low sodium chix broth, whatever veggies are available and on sale, some pasta or rice and some oyster crackers or cornbread or hard bread on the side. One crockpot's worth can feed a whole household, or feed a couple of people for a couple of days. Not unlike how and why sumo wrestlers eat chanko.

Pro tip from Jacques Pepin: To thicken a soup, stir in some mashed potato flakes. If I don't use potato or rice or pasta in the soup, I may do this. One or the other, so I don't make a carb loaded soup.

Gene
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 3rd, 2022 at 12:43:12 PM permalink

link to original post

Yes.

I can't stand them boiled; they are almost always overcooked.
Roasted doesn't usually go well.

Steamed and drizzled with garlic butter is pretty good. Squeeze of lemon optional.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 3rd, 2022 at 12:53:06 PM permalink
Just realized I omitted my obligatory contribution for the day.

The four year old woke me up and demanded fried rice for breakfast.

Bacon, onion, carrot, rice, eggs, and some seasoning sauces.

She cooked, but made me do the slicing.

Pretty good!
rxwine
rxwine
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:18:40 PM permalink

link to original post

Yes.

I can't stand them boiled; they are almost always overcooked.
Roasted doesn't usually go well.

Steamed and drizzled with garlic butter is pretty good. Squeeze of lemon optional.
link to original post

Maybe they need to be eaten like oysters. A little hot sauce and swallowed whole.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:42:53 PM permalink
I eat this exact same meal every day for lunch. A bowl of fresh veggies including mushrooms green and red pepper red onion celery radishes cucumber tomato. These are all considered superfoods. You will also notice a hard-boiled egg and avocado and a can of sardines all of which are considered superfoods also. I use a sweet and sour vinegar sauce for dipping and really look forward to eating this every day.

Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:56:53 PM permalink
EvenBob,

What kind of sardines are you going with?

(Another forum I used to be on had people who would get unwholesomely obsessed with sardines. I am fortunate to have a convenient store with an inundating array.)
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RogerKint
October 3rd, 2022 at 2:44:38 PM permalink

EvenBob,

(Another forum I used to be on had people who would get unwholesomely obsessed with sardines. I am fortunate to have a convenient store with an inundating array.)
link to original post

I only eat sardines pack in the water. If you look them up the one of the best things you could be eating as far as a superfood goes. I was reading an article a while ago by a doctor who eats 5 cans of sardines a day and his blood work results are always off-the-charts good. They make great sandwiches, I generally mix mine with a couple other things and eat it like a salad. I've been eating a can of sardines a day now for probably at least 5 years. I bet I have 150 cans in the cupboard I do not want to run out. I buy them from Amazon 12 cans for $11. They come from Norway.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 3rd, 2022 at 4:48:10 PM permalink
I had food truck chicken hibachi with fried rice. It was one of the most tasteless dishes that I have ever had.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
October 3rd, 2022 at 6:59:35 PM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

I only eat sardines pack in the water. If you look them up the one of the best things you could be eating as far as a superfood goes. I was reading an article a while ago by a doctor who eats 5 cans of sardines a day and his blood work results are always off-the-charts good. They make great sandwiches, I generally mix mine with a couple other things and eat it like a salad. I've been eating a can of sardines a day now for probably at least 5 years. I bet I have 150 cans in the cupboard I do not want to run out. I buy them from Amazon 12 cans for $11. They come from Norway.
link to original post

5 cans a day!

Would you mind eating 5 cans a day for a week and telling us how it goes?. I'm curious, but not enough to try it myself.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 3rd, 2022 at 7:24:51 PM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

5 cans a day!

Would you mind eating 5 cans a day for a week and telling us how it goes?. I'm curious, but not enough to try it myself.
link to original post

3 cans a day is my limit, but I usually go with the tomato sauce deenz, or kipper snacks (a salty smoked herring, packed in brine).
When I'm feeling bougie, I go with the Polar smoked brislings in oil ("cleartop"). That's a strict half can limit, because they're so rich. It's worth getting the recloseable jar.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2022 at 8:02:19 PM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

5 cans a day!

link to original post

3 cans a day is my limit, but I usually go with the tomato sauce deenz, or kipper snacks (a salty smoked herring, packed in brine).
When I'm feeling bougie, I go with the Polar smoked brislings in oil ("cleartop"). That's a strict half can limit, because they're so rich. It's worth getting the recloseable jar.
link to original post

One can today just plenty of sardines. I do eat kippered herring once in awhile but mostly is a treat. I bet I have 100 cans of that in my pantry. I want to get 365 days worth of sardines and I just counted today and I have 200 cans. I have 75 cans of salmon.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2022 at 8:07:01 PM permalink
This is not going to appeal to everybody but I love it. A ham sandwich with red onion dill pickle grilled summer squash and blue cheese. The top and bottom slice of bread is covered in chicken liver pate instead of mayo. I grilled the squash with a George Foreman grill which I've had for years and only started to use this summer. It does a wonderful job on things like squash and eggplant and green tomatoes. Also makes a great Panini press. Grilled squash on a sandwich is a real treat. And the chicken liver pate is so much better than Mayo. I made the pate myself of course.

EvenBob
EvenBob
October 4th, 2022 at 7:49:22 PM permalink
Creamed ham on toast with sunny side up fried eggs on top. This is my take on Shite on a Shingle, the infamous dish served in the Army chipped beef on toast. Which is really quite good in fact it's very good and so is this. The eggs really make it, having all that runny yolk mixing with everything. I'm always amazed because I watch a lot of YouTube videos of eating in other countries and how many of their dishes have an egg on top and none of ours do. Especially in Asia.

EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2022 at 6:41:50 PM permalink
Chicken sandwiches made with pieces of thigh meat, Red Onion, and chicken liver pate. I use the George Foreman Panini Press which really makes a sandwich stand out. Homemade cream of tomato soup that is better than any canned tomato soup you've ever had. The whole point is to dip every bite of sandwich into the soup and it takes you instantly back to childhood.

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
October 5th, 2022 at 7:52:28 PM permalink
Bob
You used to eat keto and most of your meals are keto. Now I notice you eating bread, or is this some kind of low carb bread?
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2022 at 8:01:09 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Bob
You used to eat keto and most of your meals are keto. Now I notice you eating bread, or is this some kind of low carb bread?
link to original post

It's low carb bread, and the thickener I used for the soup has zero carbs. This is going to have me making lots of cream soups this winter and gravies and sauces. It's called tara gum and it's from the root of the tara plant in Peru. It's what ice cream makers around the world use to thicken their ice cream. The stuff is amazing. It's kind of expensive on Amazon but you don't use very much of it.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
October 5th, 2022 at 10:17:32 PM permalink
Can someone remind me what’s wrong with healthy carbs? I forgot again

Back in the day, Americans had an obsession with no-fat. That obsession has been replaced with zero-carbs. What will be next? Zero-protein I guess
Last edited by: Ace2 on Oct 5, 2022
It’s all about making that GTA
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2022 at 11:19:03 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Can someone remind me what’s wrong with healthy carbs? I forgot again

Back in the day, Americans had an obsession with no-fat. That obsession has been replaced with zero-carbs. What will be next? Zero-protein I guess
link to original post

It was mistakenly thought that fat was bad for you when it was actually carbs and sugar that put on the weight and make you sick. Carbs are not unhealthy if you do them in moderation but who does that. You should be eating around 100 grams of carbohydrate a day to be healthy and maintain your weight. The average American eats 250 grams of carbohydrate a day and many eat far more than that. Because I'm trying to lose weight and get down to where I belong for the last year-and-a-half I eat less than 20 grams of carb a day. But losing weight at my age is very slow and I still have 15 lb to go.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
October 6th, 2022 at 1:49:20 AM permalink
I was 191 pounds and ate 20 or less carbs a day and went to 157 pounds in 4 months. If you do low carbs your hunger disappears. I ate my food in a 6 hour window and then fasted for the next 18. You rarely ever get hungry if you do it right. I also walked a few miles each day as well. I eat meat every day and some days that is all I eat. Bacon, steak ham burg ect. Bobs vegetable selection is a perfect combination but it is up to you. The biggest challenge is to keep the carbs low. Eating lots of carbs will make you constantly hungry and is the reason you gain weight.

If your weight is not an issue eat what you want.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 6th, 2022 at 1:57:19 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

I was 191 pounds and ate 20 or less carbs a day and went to 157 pounds in 4 months. If you do low carbs your hunger disappears. I ate my food in a 6 hour window and then fasted for the next 18. You rarely ever get hungry if you do it right. I also walked a few miles each day as well. I eat meat every day and some days that is all I eat. Bacon, steak ham burg ect. Bobs vegetable selection is a perfect combination but it is up to you. The biggest challenge is to keep the carbs low. Eating lots of carbs will make you constantly hungry and is the reason you gain weight.

If your weight is not an issue eat what you want.
link to original post

That describes almost exactly what I do except I don't walk anymore because my hips are bad and I eat 1000 calories a day. Until I reach my ideal weight. That's the only way I can lose weight at my age. I also do the 6 hour window of eating I have lunch between 3 and 3:30 and dinner between 9 and 9:30 and eat nothing for the next 18 hours. It's called intermittent fasting and I'm never hungry and it really works I've been doing it for a year-and-a-half. The last 15 lb is the hardest to lose. While I'm watching other men my age turn into huge fat slobs in their 70s I'm going in the opposite direction for the rest of my life. I'm appalled when I see some of these men what the frick are they doing to themselves. I have tons of energy because of this diet and they get exhausted walking from the recliner to the kitchen to get another donut. Morons. In my last doctor visit he cut my high blood pressure meds in half and called me an ideal patient. I have my own blood pressure monitor and it's always within the normal limits. As is my blood sugar. You are what you eat.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
October 6th, 2022 at 10:24:50 AM permalink
I don’t agree with the micromanagement approach that most Americans take

Forget about counting milligrams of this and that. Eat real food, get some exercise, minimize stress and you’ll be fine. Your gout and diabetes might even go away 😆
It’s all about making that GTA
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 6th, 2022 at 6:25:54 PM permalink
Sausage and red pepper stuffed eggplant. If you've never had stuffed eggplant you're missing a treat. Had what was left of the tomato soup next to it and of course it was even better than last night. I use the little cinnamon and allspice in the eggplant stuffing to give it just a little sweet taste.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
October 6th, 2022 at 6:29:19 PM permalink

Sausage and red pepper stuffed eggplant. If you've never had stuffed eggplant you're missing a treat. Had what was left of the tomato soup next to it and of course it was even better than last night. I use the little cinnamon and allspice in the eggplant stuffing to give it just a little sweet taste.

link to original post

That looks so good! I needed ‘Buffalo food’ tonight. I had hot Buffalo chicken wings while wifey had classic Beef on Weck. Good, but probably not as good as your eggplant.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
October 7th, 2022 at 11:27:02 AM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

After reading your post, I confirmed that sardines are recommended as a good source of omega 3 with less mercury risk than many other kinds of fish. I didn’t even know if I liked sardines. They weren’t a thing in my house growing up and I just never considered them for a meal. But I picked up a can to try them out. Ate them today on sourdough avocado toast with diced bell pepper, onions, cucumber and tomatoes. Some blue corn tortilla chips and hummus on the side. Nice meal. I’ll add them to the rotation. Thanks for the tip.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 7th, 2022 at 12:14:21 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

After reading your post, I confirmed that sardines are recommended as a good source of omega 3 with less mercury risk than many other kinds of fish. I didn’t even know if I liked sardines. They weren’t a thing in my house growing up and I just never considered them for a meal. But I picked up a can to try them out. Ate them today on sourdough avocado toast with diced bell pepper, onions, cucumber and tomatoes. Some blue corn tortilla chips and hummus on the side. Nice meal. I’ll add them to the rotation. Thanks for the tip.
link to original post

Sounds a bit like a deconstructed pan bagnat, which is essentially a salade niçoise on a sub roll.

Sardines is definitely a product where higher price can yield better quality. The cheap deenz seem to have a stronger flavor (not always unpleasant) and a mushier texture.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 7th, 2022 at 1:29:24 PM permalink

Sardines is definitely a product where higher price can yield better quality. The cheap deenz seem to have a stronger flavor (not always unpleasant) and a mushier texture.
link to original post

Never had a mushy sardine they are always firm
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 7th, 2022 at 1:32:41 PM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Sardines have no Mercury because they do not eat other fish they only eat vegetable matter like plankton and they're not very big. Some people don't like them and I don't know why, they don't have a fishy smell or a fishy taste I don't think they taste like anything.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
October 7th, 2022 at 2:23:50 PM permalink

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Sardines have no Mercury because they do not eat other fish they only eat vegetable matter like plankton and they're not very big. Some people don't like them and I don't know why, they don't have a fishy smell or a fishy taste I don't think they taste like anything.
link to original post

Sure they have mercury, just a lot less than fish higher up the food chain. Sardines are also high in sodium and cholesterol. They have benefits that outweigh that but I’m not going to eat them more than a couple times a week.

I agree the flavor is mild and unobjectionable, but is there any food that looks less appealing then a can of oily sardines?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
October 7th, 2022 at 2:30:18 PM permalink
Anchovies on pizza were a punchline when I was growing up, but it's pretty good now that I've had it as an adult.

Sardines taste like a slightly more savory tuna fish. I like them, now, too.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 7th, 2022 at 2:51:28 PM permalink
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin for breakfast
Wawa Hoagie for lunch
Takeout pizza for dinner

I don’t eat like that everyday, but usually by Friday I stop caring.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 7th, 2022 at 2:51:31 PM permalink
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin for breakfast
Wawa Hoagie for lunch
Takeout pizza for dinner

I don’t eat like that everyday, but usually by Friday I stop caring.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
October 7th, 2022 at 3:19:17 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Ahhh.... the dollar-can specials from some of the less premium brands definitely can get mushy.
You said Norway, so I'm guessing that's King Oscar. That's a brand that is generally well regarded.
Most of the time, I'm going for a round can of saury from the Pacific that's labelled as "sardines". My tastes are simple enough so I can enjoy them over rice.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 7th, 2022 at 4:51:56 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Ahhh.... the dollar-can specials from some of the less premium brands definitely can get mushy.
You said Norway, so I'm guessing that's King Oscar. That's a brand that is generally well regarded.
Most of the time, I'm going for a round can of saury from the Pacific that's labelled as "sardines". My tastes are simple enough so I can enjoy them over rice.
link to original post

Walmart has their own brand now sardines $0.92 a can and they're really good nice and firm. I also really like anchovies they're almost as good for you as sardines. I could eat anchovies on everything. I've got about 40 cans of anchovies in the pantry and I want to have at least 75 because they last forever in a can, decades.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 7th, 2022 at 9:31:45 PM permalink
Winner winner chicken dinner. A leg quarter of chicken with cheesy garlic mashed cauliflower and leftover stuffing from the eggplant last night. Covered with chicken mushroom scallion cheese sauce and chicken soup with croutons on the side. This was super good because the cheese sauce was outstanding. No fat and no carbs in any of this except for the skinless chicken which had a little fat. The cheese sauce consisted of chicken broth, sour cream, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper, Tara gum for a thickener, parm cheese and nutritional yeast because it has a cheese flavor. That I can eat like this on a 1000 calorie a day diet made it taste even better

• Jump to: