Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 10th, 2022 at 11:46:10 AM permalink
I've been using my cast iron skillet a good deal and would have used it more if cleaning it wasn't such a pain in the ass. You can't soak them, and you can't put them in the dishwasher.
My sister sent me a small stocking stuffer for Christmas and included was a small amount of what looks like chain mail. You scrub the skillet with it and it makes cleaning it much easier. The skillet is great for one-dish meals as you can cook on the stovetop and then stick the same skillet in the oven. I browned sausage and beef, threw in some onions and peppers, added a generous amount of cheese, some sauce, and baked the whole thing for 45 minutes.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
March 10th, 2022 at 11:59:51 AM permalink
What's so difficult about cleaning it? Just use a stiff bristled brush on it (immediately after use while it's still very hot) just like you would with an outdoor grill. Never use soap on it

Then I usually put mine in the oven since it takes a long time for it to cool. I grill steaks or chicken on it probably twice a week. About to do a grass-fed ribeye for lunch
It’s all about making that GTA
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 17th, 2022 at 3:49:14 AM permalink

the Amish are centered in Lancaster, PA but they have small communities in many areas throughout the U.S.

if you're lucky you have an Amish market near you as I do - they sell all kinds of foods including hot foods

their food is heavy, they're not into low fat cooking; but they never skimp - they give it their all - and they have a lot of pride in what they put out - and much of what they put out is excellent IMO

my faves from them are their fried chicken wings and their redskin potato salad - everything is homemade

my Amish Market also has a restaurant and I once ordered a steak and cheese sub - of course, you're expecting strips of steak on the sub

𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙗 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡_________(~:/______________I've never before seen anything like it

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 17th, 2022 at 5:47:59 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

the Amish are centered in Lancaster, PA but they have small communities in many areas throughout the U.S.

if you're lucky you have an Amish market near you as I do - they sell all kinds of foods including hot foods

their food is heavy, they're not into low fat cooking; but they never skimp - they give it their all - and they have a lot of pride in what they put out - and much of what they put out is excellent IMO

my faves from them are their fried chicken wings and their redskin potato salad - everything is homemade

my Amish Market also has a restaurant and I once ordered a steak and cheese sub - of course, you're expecting strips of steak on the sub

𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙗 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡_________(~:/______________I've never before seen anything like it

link to original post

Being from Ohio as a kid we would go to Amish communities about once or twice a year. The only particular one I remember was probably 100 miles South of Cleveland. We would always buy wheels of Baby Swiss cheese and rings of Troyer's Trail Bologna, I have very fond memories of it.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 17th, 2022 at 5:59:59 AM permalink
Yesterday had ‘Groverburger’ from best burger place I’ve ever been to. Grovers. Burger covered in a mound of onion straws, mucho jalapeños, spicy aioli mayo, bacon. It also came with lettuce and tomato which I quickly removed.
Sides of onion rings (great) and fries (great).
This was lunch. I was so full I never felt hungry enough to eat dinner. Forced myself to eat a small bowl of ice cream with toasted almonds.
I think Grovers was on that Diners and Dives show.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 17th, 2022 at 6:12:53 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been using my cast iron skillet a good deal and would have used it more if cleaning it wasn't such a pain in the ass. You can't soak them, and you can't put them in the dishwasher.
My sister sent me a small stocking stuffer for Christmas and included was a small amount of what looks like chain mail. You scrub the skillet with it and it makes cleaning it much easier. The skillet is great for one-dish meals as you can cook on the stovetop and then stick the same skillet in the oven. I browned sausage and beef, threw in some onions and peppers, added a generous amount of cheese, some sauce, and baked the whole thing for 45 minutes.
link to original post

It’s not hard to clean if it’s well seasoned and do it immediately. It’s a pain in the butt if you wait and let it cool.

The trick like Ace2 says is to do it while hot. It’s ok to use some soap if you need to, but make sure to dry it right away with a towel. And re-season occasionally.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 17th, 2022 at 7:38:37 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

It’s not hard to clean if it’s well seasoned and do it immediately. It’s a pain in the butt if you wait and let it cool.

The trick like Ace2 says is to do it while hot. It’s ok to use some soap if you need to, but make sure to dry it right away with a towel. And re-season occasionally.
link to original post

In my house it was a mortal sin to use soap on cast iron.
Ace2
Ace2
March 17th, 2022 at 8:18:39 AM permalink
You don't use soap on cast iron!
billryan
billryan
March 17th, 2022 at 8:31:14 AM permalink
I knew I wasn't supposed to use soap on it, and the tiny steel brush that came with it was wholly inadequate for its purpose. The chain mail thing was a game-changer but I followed Aces advice and bought a bigger steel brush. They seem to work equally well, but the brush always a bit more scrubbing power.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
March 17th, 2022 at 8:43:48 AM permalink
When I started with my dietician in May of 2021, my first long-term goal was to lose 50 pounds by St Patricks Day. I just weighed myself and I slightly missed it. I've lost 47 pounds. The next goal was 60 pounds by Memorial Day and 100 overall.
I'm a little disappointed as I was on pace for the 50 pounds but slacked off a bit. I have my eating under control when things go smooth but bad news sends me seeking food. Some people turn to drink, some turn to a needle. I turn to double cheeseburgers.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 17th, 2022 at 10:43:36 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

link to original post

Modern dishwashing liquids are not the same as traditional harsh soaps made of woodash lye and tallow.
They don't strip the seasoning nearly as vigorously.

Dishwashers and cast iron still don't get along well.
May the cards fall in your favor.
billryan
billryan
March 17th, 2022 at 10:53:23 AM permalink
I use two skillet-type pans. One is one of those non-stick copper pans I bought off tv and the cast iron is the other. The copper one is amazing as literally, nothing sticks to it. I could fry up some leftover spaghetti, leave the pot on the stove for a weekend and all you need to do to clean it is heat up the pan and the leftovers can be wiped off with a paper towel.
I've never had an iron skillet before, and there is a learning curve to seasoning and cleaning them. I don't think Amazon had any instructions included when I bought the skillet from them.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 17th, 2022 at 11:53:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

link to original post

It’s a myth. I’ve done it both ways. No difference long term. Though I’m also a frequent season-er with oil in the oven for 90 min.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Ace2
Ace2
Thanked by
odiousgambit
March 17th, 2022 at 12:08:47 PM permalink
It's not a myth.

No soap = no re-seasoning required. And the pan gets even more "non-stick" over time

As mentioned previously, you treat/maintain it just like an outdoor grill. One with real iron grates anyway, not referring to a flimsy Weber

Brushing it immediately after use not only cleans it but also promotes good charring/browning of the meat for next use
DRich
DRich
March 17th, 2022 at 1:40:13 PM permalink

When I started with my dietician in May of 2021, my first long-term goal was to lose 50 pounds by St Patricks Day. I just weighed myself and I slightly missed it. I've lost 47 pounds. The next goal was 60 pounds by Memorial Day and 100 overall.
I'm a little disappointed as I was on pace for the 50 pounds but slacked off a bit. I have my eating under control when things go smooth but bad news sends me seeking food. Some people turn to drink, some turn to a needle. I turn to double cheeseburgers.
link to original post

I think the obvious answer is to turn to Meth. It will give you energy and make you lose weight (and teeth).
billryan
billryan
March 17th, 2022 at 2:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I think the obvious answer is to turn to Meth. It will give you energy and make you lose weight (and teeth).
link to original post

I've made it this far without ever trying meth. I hope I can make it another couple of decades.Meth was almost non-existent in NY for many years. I guess its hard to make in crowded areas.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 17th, 2022 at 2:49:34 PM permalink
_________

I had a buddy who wasn't really fat - just a little too much around the tummy and he wanted to get very thin - just out of vanity

he did it - he's 5'11" and I think he weighs about 130 - and he's maintained that weight for a whole lot of years

his strategy was what we called "one moose a day" - moose meaning a huge meal - after that one moose he ate nothing until the next day

for that one meal he would eat anything he wanted - I don't what diet books say about it - but it worked for him

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 17th, 2022 at 3:03:54 PM permalink
That’s what Herschel Walker does or did. I think the hipsters are calling it OMAD or intermittent fasting or something.
DRich
DRich
March 17th, 2022 at 5:15:47 PM permalink

_________

I had a buddy who wasn't really fat - just a little too much around the tummy and he wanted to get very thin - just out of vanity

he did it - he's 5'11" and I think he weighs about 130 - and he's maintained that weight for a whole lot of years

his strategy was what we called "one moose a day" - moose meaning a huge meal - after that one moose he ate nothing until the next day

for that one meal he would eat anything he wanted - I don't what diet books say about it - but it worked for him

link to original post

I generally eat one small to average size meal a day but I am a potato chip snacker a couple of times a week. Today I had 4 oz of corned beef and some cashews for a snack. Yesterday I had one slice of pizza.
Riverjordan
Riverjordan
  • Threads: 1
March 17th, 2022 at 9:03:54 PM permalink
I ate chicken and fries with a spicy guacamole dip and some chocolate.
Get paid for what you love to do.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
March 18th, 2022 at 11:40:10 AM permalink
What didn't I eat yesterday...
For lunch, the main executive where I work had his office moved to the east coast, so we had a "going away luncheon" that was pretty much an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet, and who am I to say no to (deep inhale) beef brisket, pulled pork, a hot link, mac & cheese, potato wedges, baked beans, and, for dessert, banana pudding?
Follow that up with a dinner of a Wienerschnitzel double chili cheeseburger, chili cheese dog, and bacon ranch chili cheese fries.

Today? A couple of bunless hot dogs for lunch, and lasagne for dinner.
billryan
billryan
March 18th, 2022 at 12:29:49 PM permalink
Poached shrimp, mozzarella cheese, and some yucca fries for lunch.
DRich
DRich
March 18th, 2022 at 1:38:33 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

What didn't I eat yesterday...
For lunch, the main executive where I work had his office moved to the east coast, so we had a "going away luncheon" that was pretty much an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet, and who am I to say no to (deep inhale) beef brisket, pulled pork, a hot link, mac & cheese, potato wedges, baked beans, and, for dessert, banana pudding?
Follow that up with a dinner of a Wienerschnitzel double chili cheeseburger, chili cheese dog, and bacon ranch chili cheese fries.

Today? A couple of bunless hot dogs for lunch, and lasagne for dinner.
link to original post

I am a BBQ fanatic. Was it at least good BBQ? Wow Don, I never pictured you as a big eater. That much food would last me a month.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 21st, 2022 at 6:44:11 AM permalink

Starbucks is so powerful in their market that they don't need to advertise - I haven't seen a Starbucks ad in years - hard to believe - their stock price keeps going up and up

nothing special about their coffee IMO -

sitting around Starbucks with your laptop and paying too much for mediocre coffee is a status thing - makes you look good to inquiring eyes

billryan
billryan
March 21st, 2022 at 7:39:28 AM permalink
We must have a dozen coffee shops in Bisbee. None of them seem particularly crowded most of the time. No national chains allowed although the Safeway Supermarket does have a Starbucks in it. I don't drink coffee so I've never been in any of them.
Last week I went to the supposedly great Bisbee Breakfast Club for breakfast. $11.99 plus tip for an omelet, potatoes, and a glass of milk. Never again.
DRich
DRich
March 21st, 2022 at 8:01:45 AM permalink

We must have a dozen coffee shops in Bisbee. None of them seem particularly crowded most of the time. No national chains allowed although the Safeway Supermarket does have a Starbucks in it. I don't drink coffee so I've never been in any of them.
Last week I went to the supposedly great Bisbee Breakfast Club for breakfast. $11.99 plus tip for an omelet, potatoes, and a glass of milk. Never again.
link to original post

Are you implying that it seems expensive at $11.99? To me that seems to be the price anywhere and maybe on the cheaper side. I am guessing the glass of milk was around $3 so if that was the case an $8.99 omelet sounds cheap to me. It is just expensive to eat out almost anywhere now. My wife and I went out for breakfast yesterday and the bill was around $31. I was surprised and expecting closer to $40.
billryan
billryan
March 21st, 2022 at 8:51:20 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

Are you implying that it seems expensive at $11.99? To me that seems to be the price anywhere and maybe on the cheaper side. I am guessing the glass of milk was around $3 so if that was the case an $8.99 omelet sounds cheap to me. It is just expensive to eat out almost anywhere now. My wife and I went out for breakfast yesterday and the bill was around $31. I was surprised and expecting closer to $40.
link to original post

It seemed expensive to me, but I can't think of the last time I had breakfast in a diner. For a hole-in-the-wall diner, I did think it was expensive. either I drink my breakfast shake or I'll eat at Burger King every six weeks or so. Two sausage and egg croissants, hash browns and oj for $4.
TAra78C
TAra78C
  • Threads: 0
March 22nd, 2022 at 4:53:46 AM permalink
I had scrambled eggs with bacon and tomatoes
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
March 22nd, 2022 at 6:12:39 AM permalink

For a hole-in-the-wall diner, I did think it was expensive.
link to original post

Seems about right to me. I expect local places to run a bit more expensive than Waffle House.

My usual haunts want around $9 for an omelette and hashbrowns, which I feel is worthwhile if they make the omelette decently and the coffee isn't awful. (I do NOT get a Denver omelette, just in case the prophecy from the film holds true.)

Today was pork and beans over rice with a few dashes of Texas Pete. Simple and satisfying, no glamour, prestige, or fuss.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 12th, 2022 at 1:20:10 PM permalink

I'm very impressed with some food products from Mexico

my 3 faves are Chi Chi's salsa, Corona beer and Oro instant coffee which imo is as good or better than most brewed coffee

great, great stuff

Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
April 14th, 2022 at 8:51:55 AM permalink

I've never had Beef Wellington. Neither has my daughter who loves cooking and Food Channel type shows. We're in Vegas next month and have decided to seek out and try the dish.

We will be staying at Four Queens and, as it turns out, its high end restaurant, Hugo's Cellar, serves Beef Wellington. The trouble is, although Hugo's itself has good reviews, its Beef Wellington gets mixed reviews at best. It's a pricey meal and I don't want to waist money on mediocrity.

I guess I'm asking if anyone here knows where to get some good Beef Wellington in Vegas (including Hugo's Cellar if you tried it and liked it).
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
DRich
DRich
April 14th, 2022 at 9:10:06 AM permalink

I'm very impressed with some food products from Mexico

my 3 faves are Chi Chi's salsa, Corona beer and Oro instant coffee which imo is as good or better than most brewed coffee

great, great stuff

link to original post

Is Chi Chi's salsa from Mexico? Chi Chi's the Mexican food chain was started in Minnesota.
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2022 at 9:52:29 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

I've never had Beef Wellington. Neither has my daughter who loves cooking and Food Channel type shows. We're in Vegas next month and have decided to seek out and try the dish.

We will be staying at Four Queens and, as it turns out, its high end restaurant, Hugo's Cellar, serves Beef Wellington. The trouble is, although Hugo's itself has good reviews, its Beef Wellington gets mixed reviews at best. It's a pricey meal and I don't want to waist money on mediocrity.

I guess I'm asking if anyone here knows where to get some good Beef Wellington in Vegas (including Hugo's Cellar if you tried it and liked it).
link to original post

A number of years ago, we ordered a beef wellington at Hugos to share with the table. It took forever to come out and I thought it was mediocre. My friends had never had it before and were impressed with it. I have not eaten in Hugos in years, but it was far too dark for me. I have enough trouble reading menus with the small print, but trying to do it in the dark doesn't make for a fun date. I know they try to play it off as a part of old Vegas but it just seemed dated to me.
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2022 at 10:45:38 AM permalink
I signed up for a meal delivery service called Real Eats. You get six meals for $64 delivered. You can select meals or customize them.

An example is a Balsamic Flat Iron Steak. The meal comes with sweet corn and creamed spinach but I switched the potatoes out for sauteed garlic kale.

What's interesting is you boil these dinners. They come with color-coded labels and everything cooks in three to six minutes.
I have not cooked with this method before and it has a bit of a learning curve. The first pouch I opened I got a face full of steam, and the potatoes were watered down by excess moisture on the plate caused by me putting the pouch down.
At first, I thought the portions were rather small- the steaks are only four ounces, but after two meals I find them surprisingly satisfying.

For those who care about such things, these are made in upstate NY with food from independent family-owned farms and are never frozen, and are not delivered in styrofoam coolers.
I'm not hawking anything but if this sounds attractive, I have codes that will give us both future discounts.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
April 14th, 2022 at 11:35:02 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Well, the "obvious" answer is, see if you can get a table at Hell's Kitchen, as that's one of the nakesake show's "specialties" (along with scallops and risotto).
DRich
DRich
April 14th, 2022 at 11:57:29 AM permalink

I signed up for a meal delivery service called Real Eats. You get six meals for $64 delivered. You can select meals or customize them.

An example is a Balsamic Flat Iron Steak. The meal comes with sweet corn and creamed spinach but I switched the potatoes out for sauteed garlic kale.

What's interesting is you boil these dinners. They come with color-coded labels and everything cooks in three to six minutes.
I have not cooked with this method before and it has a bit of a learning curve. The first pouch I opened I got a face full of steam, and the potatoes were watered down by excess moisture on the plate caused by me putting the pouch down.
At first, I thought the portions were rather small- the steaks are only four ounces, but after two meals I find them surprisingly satisfying.

For those who care about such things, these are made in upstate NY with food from independent family-owned farms and are never frozen, and are not delivered in styrofoam coolers.
I'm not hawking anything but if this sounds attractive, I have codes that will give us both future discounts.
link to original post

My 86 year old father has been on a kick lately where he is cooking almost everything the sous vide method. It seems strange to me to drop all of your food into a hot water bath to cook but most everything has come out very nicely.
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2022 at 12:30:43 PM permalink
When I was a kid, we had some pouch meals you boiled- turkey and gravy, a veal patty type meal, and Salsbury steak, but that was well over 50 years ago and I don't recall them being very good.
DRich
DRich
April 14th, 2022 at 5:12:23 PM permalink

When I was a kid, we had some pouch meals you boiled- turkey and gravy, a veal patty type meal, and Salsbury steak, but that was well over 50 years ago and I don't recall them being very good.
link to original post

We had those too but what he is cooking in water is not frozen. Picture steaks cooked in a water bath, pork, fish ,etc,
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2022 at 7:10:02 PM permalink
That's what these meals are. Three pouches. Tonite was bourbon flank steak, butter corn and creamed spinach. They are fresh, not frozen. I'm not sure how they will deliver in the summer months but for now, I'll re-order.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 28th, 2022 at 4:32:38 AM permalink

wow___________7 Eleven has a deal they've had for a while______________any size iced coffee (cold brew) for $1.00_________and their coffee is good

their largest size is probably enough for many people for 2 days

I don't believe I can even make coffee at home that cheap _________incredible

if you consider quality and price together I believe 7 Eleven is crushing Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts

if their coffee is not quite as good, that's okay - it's close - no status in carrying around a 7 Eleven cup - a Starbucks cup give you high status in the community_____________________(~:\

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 28th, 2022 at 5:59:15 AM permalink

wow___________7 Eleven has a deal they've had for a while______________any size iced coffee (cold brew) for $1.00_________and their coffee is good

their largest size is probably enough for many people for 2 days

I don't believe I can even make coffee at home that cheap _________incredible

if you consider quality and price together I believe 7 Eleven is crushing Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts

if their coffee is not quite as good, that's okay - it's close - no status in carrying around a 7 Eleven cup - a Starbucks cup give you high status in the community_____________________(~:\

link to original post

You have to have a membership card for the offer though if it’s the same as it used to be. I HATE membership deal nonsense, don’t like having to unnecessarily give my number out or have 50 different membership cards.

I cannot believe the drive thru lines some of these people will sit in for a cup of coffee (like Starbucks), such a time sink for a little caffeine. Starbucks coffee actually pretty much sucks anyways imo beans over roasted.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 11th, 2022 at 3:54:07 AM permalink

I feel pretty lucky
I live withing walking distance from a popular mall
the little clothing stores are closing left and right but the Food Court rocks steady and is probably the only thing keeping the mall profitable

beyond the mall are another 15 or so restaurants within walking distance
altogether maybe 30 restaurants within walking distance

my top picks in the low to medium price range - I don't eat at high price restaurants very often - so I'll ignore them in this post

Frank Pepe Pizzaria Napoletana - excellent and very different - you really feel like you've eaten a carefully prepared meal - not a snack

Sarku - their chicken teriyaki is really special to me - just $2.00 extra for double meat - their noodles are great too - they cook it on the grill for you after your order - it's not pre-made and put into bins like Panda Express is

Cava - Mediterranean style - very generous with the veggies - all that you want are included in your order for one price

Charley's Grilled Subs____________wow - their steak and cheese is really good

a couple of other Mediterranean joints are near me - they're not national chains - that food is real special to eat once in a while - they use some special spices - a way to give it great taste

billryan
billryan
May 11th, 2022 at 8:04:03 AM permalink
I've been slicing up ribeyes to mix with my salads but slicing the steak really thin had been problematic. I watched a youtube video and got the perfect hack. After letting the steak cool down, I stick it in the freezer for about twenty minutes. When you take it out, it is firmer and very easy to slice super-thin. Let the slices sit for a minute or three at room temp and then mix with the salad.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 11th, 2022 at 8:44:33 AM permalink
Ugh, now I'm saddened that I missed the ribeye sale at the meat locker last week. $50/5lb case.

"Enjoyed" some mediocre gas station pizza this morning. Really needed an extra 2 minutes in the oven before I got it to gratinate the cheese.
DRich
DRich
May 11th, 2022 at 12:12:04 PM permalink

I've been slicing up ribeyes to mix with my salads but slicing the steak really thin had been problematic. I watched a youtube video and got the perfect hack. After letting the steak cool down, I stick it in the freezer for about twenty minutes. When you take it out, it is firmer and very easy to slice super-thin. Let the slices sit for a minute or three at room temp and then mix with the salad.
link to original post

that is exactly how most restaurants slice meat thinly. I am surprised that you didn't know that from your many times in New York deli's (yes, an assumption on my part but you seem like a sandwich eater).
billryan
billryan
May 11th, 2022 at 12:23:36 PM permalink
The deli's I frequented all used slicers, as far as I know.
I'm not a big bread person. On road trips, I'll roll slices of roast beef or turkey with swiss cheese. I save my carbs for pizza and pasta.
I'm really learning how to cook, especially cooking and eating healthy.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 12th, 2022 at 12:24:57 PM permalink

some of you guys like to cook

I cook a little bit too - simple stuff like burgers

and they're pretty good too

but then I always think to myself__________'how good could it really be if I cooked it'______?????_________________________(~:\

ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
May 12th, 2022 at 12:44:17 PM permalink
Should've asked me yesterday - I went to a new burger place and got a Chili Cheeseburger, a Chili Cheese Dog, and some Chili Cheese Fries. It would have been better if the chili was something more than a few clumps of beef with some onion and tomato mixed in - especially for $25.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 28th, 2022 at 1:14:45 AM permalink

yesterday had a chicken kabob sandwich

that Mediterranean stuff is really special when it's done right - the spices - very unique

they gave me a side of chickpeas with sauce that was really good - I've never before in my life even thought of ordering or buying chickpeas

I will definitely be going back there

tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
May 28th, 2022 at 6:55:16 AM permalink
Thursday, I had a hankering for a bologna sandwich, so I went into my freezer and on a door shelf in front was a package of all beef bologna with a price marked on it of 89 cents. I let it defrost and made my sandwich noting that the X-date was March 2007. The color was perfect and so was the meat and my sandwich. I am still here to talk about it. Can't wait for my next sandwich probably later today.

tuttigym
  • Jump to: