Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 340
July 13th, 2022 at 6:02:54 PM permalink
Wife cooked up a tasty meal today that I love: it is easy to make.

Put cut up chunks of onion, potato, red pepper and mild Italian sausage in a caserole dish..

Season to taste with onion powder, garlic powder and Italian herb blend.

Bake in a convection oven for an hour at 400 degrees.

When putting the sausage chunks in put them on the side initially as that allows the center to cook thoroughly.

Damned tasty.
"What, me worry?"
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 1
July 15th, 2022 at 7:44:49 AM permalink
I have chicken tenders with my own recipe for the breading for lunch today.

Almond flour, flax seed meal, pork rinds (ground down into powder by a food processor), salt, pepper, cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and then using a grater zest and entire lime skin into the mix.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 116
July 19th, 2022 at 4:50:40 AM permalink
Carrabbas. It’s a chain but doesn’t feel like one to me. I get their appetizer ‘mussels in white wine’ which is a giant vat of them swimming in varying sized chunks of garlic and of course the white wine based broth. After downing the mussels I use a spoon for the remaining soup. After the spoon I sop up what’s left over with the very good crusty bread they serve. No main course needed. I’m sure I still stink of garlic this morning.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
July 19th, 2022 at 5:43:45 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Carrabbas. It’s a chain but doesn’t feel like one to me. I get their appetizer ‘mussels in white wine’ which is a giant vat of them swimming in varying sized chunks of garlic and of course the white wine based broth. After downing the mussels I use a spoon for the remaining soup. After the spoon I sop up what’s left over with the very good crusty bread they serve. No main course needed. I’m sure I still stink of garlic this morning.
link to original post

I went to a Carrabba's about a week ago for only the second time in my life. Not to my liking and now I know why I haven't been there in 20 years. I still prefer Olive Garden just for the soup and breadsticks. I think all of their entree's are below average.
Order from chaos
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
August 15th, 2022 at 3:37:43 AM permalink

grocery store deli roast beef - the right brand anyway - can be really good

my grocery slices Boar's Head london broil

great, great sandwiches - so easy to make

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe

• Jump to: